• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

SANDRA [SANDRA] Anisa sends food; Neko donates to hunger cause

A black-haired, tan-skinned Nekovalkyrja's image quickly fades into view on the image panel. She is centered in the camera, with a shadowed electric blue background. She wears a cream wool blazer, with a dark blue blouse underneath. Her hair is flawlessly pushed behind her black-tipped ears, framing her face in front of a dark curtain of silk.

"Good morning, Yamatai — this is SANDRA."

Off to the Neko's left, on the panel's border, the word "SANDRA" vertically appeared. Below the Neko, inside a little graphic, was the Neko's name — Ogama Mio. It was written in Yamataian and Nepleslian. She spoke Nepleslian.

"Anisa has sent to Yamatai the first shipment of food produced by its planetary-wide farming collective, the government reported today."

The image of farmers working in rice fields below a blue-greenish sky of clouds and sunlight replaces Ogama. The scene is as serene as can be, with the farmers, wearing traditional Western Yamataian farming garb and hats, working the paddies. Ogama speaks over the scene.

"The shipment is promised to be the first of many by the planetary government, whose governor has said that it will do all it can to keep the citizens of the motherplanet from starving. Regular shipments are expected to arrive each month by a freighter fleet made up of donated starships from Ketsurui Fleet Yards, Origin Industries and Tamahagane Corporation.

"Government sources said the foodstuffs will include rice, tomatoes, cabbage, leeks, various types of beans, peanuts, onions and some peppers. The shipments, as well as the donated fleet, will end at the start of next year, according to the government."

The image returned to Ogama, who paused before a new graphic appeared next to her head, one of an attractive, black-haired Neko. Below the image of the Neko were the words "giving back."

"The nonprofit Yamatai Defeat! Hunger Fund has released the name of a Nekovalkyrja soldier who last week donated her entire salary to help feed Yamatai's starving citizens.

"Koga Akemi donated more than 12,000 KS — enough to feed a family of four for a year — and did not ask for compensation or recognition, the nonprofit reported. No note was attached to the donation, but the nonprofit publicized the donation as being the largest ever received from a soldier.

"Koga is on assignment with the famous YSS Eucharis, and SANDRA was granted an interview by her commanding officer, Ketsurui Hanako-hime."

The screen switched to looking at Ogama from behind and at an angle, while she and the viewers looked on at a large volumetric panel. After a few seconds, Koga appeared on the screen, wearing an older Type 22 uniform. She had a small smile on her face.

"Koga Akemi-san, SANDRA welcomes you. I understand your time is short, so we shall get right to it. Why did you choose to donate to the Yamatai Defeat! Hunger Fund?"

Koga stayed straight as she relayed her answer. "I chose to donate because I want to do my best as a soldier. As a soldier, I am charged with defending the citizens of the Empire, so I donated to defend them from famine. I also chose to do so because I do not intend to save up money for retirement, which is why I choose not to receive a salary. I intend to serve for as long as I live. The military provides all necessities and its prestige system provides for all reasonable wants."

Ogama nodded. "Yes, I see from your donation report that the money came from bonuses and game winnings. What is something you would like to see done with your money? Did you have a specific need in mind?"

Koga gently shook her head. "I only desire that my donation be used in the most efficient way possible to help the people who are most in need."

Ogama tipped her head in a small bow. "That is most generous of you, Koga-san. Yamatai Defeat! Hunger Fund has said it intends to use your donation to pay for a used Kuma shuttle to ferry food to the outlying areas of Jhuniata Prefecture."

Koga offered a small nod to that, her smile the picture of politeness.

"Word has spread of your generous donation, and many other Neko are following your example. There even is a fan culture growing around you, with several PANTHEON nodes fielding hundreds of thousands of inquiries about you. What do you think about that?"

"I am delighted to know that my action has caused others to follow suit. I think it is great that people think so highly of charitable deeds."

"What things do you like to do in your free time, for those fans who want to know more about you?"

Koga seemed to shy a bit from the camera. "I enjoy reading, listening to music, viewing art and watching television programs. I especially enjoy singing and dancing. I wish to one day become a great singer and to sing for charity. Since people are interested in me, I will create a PANTHEON site where they can learn more about me and listen to my performances. I am only an amateur, but if they like what they hear, I ask that they donate to a charity of their choice."

Ogama's voice carried extra enthusiasm after hearing this answer. "Oh! I love to sing as well. We should take take the chance to sing together some time!"

Koga's face brightened at that, and her cheeks caught a bit of red. "I would relish the opportunity. Thank you!"

"Before you must go, is there anything you want to say to the people who have been helped by your donation?"

Koga immediately had an answer. "I wish to encourage them to be kind in word and deed and to act with strength and dignity."

"Such great words! Thank you so much, Koga-san!"

"Thank you very much, Ogama-san."

The image returned to Ogama's face, and she smiled as she said, "This is SANDRA."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back