• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

SANDRA [SANDRA] State of the Empire Address

Kyoto, Yamatai
Imperial Palace, Senate Chamber

Broadcast: All SANDRA, Public and International Channels

State of the Empire Address (YE 30)

The cameras drifted through the air, giving views of the Senate chamber as they whirled around covering the arrival of the Senators and then the Imperial Family. Motoyoshi Kiyoko was the first to emerge, wearing a white gown with gold ivy like patterns climbing the length of the slit. Her hair returned to its normal green color and carefully held into a bun by decorative chop sticks. She took the smallest throne on the left. Close behind followed an unknown, only recently revealed to the public eye; the eldest of the Motoyoshi children, Motoyoshi Tio. He wore a jet black military style suit, with the insignia of the Motoyoshi Clan. On his way in, he stopped by one of the members of the media, commenting on the skirt she was wearing, he quickly was back on track, taking the larger throne behind and back of the Empress’ throne.

Finally, Katsuko entered the chamber. Her steps were gracefully planned as she ascended to the throne platform overseeing the Senate table below. She sat in the throne and awaited the room to quiet. She rose from her seat and stepped up to the small podium. Tio watched his mother, briefly looking towards his sister with a nod.

“Citizens of the Empire, members of the Imperial Senate it is an honor to come before you and share with you my vision for the future of this nation and address the present events that will shape that future.” She paused, uploading her speech to the podium’s screen that was imbedded in the top for only for her to see.

“First I will address the matter of the Senate; recently I made an Imperial Decree which removed the power of the Senate to determine the mandates for our military. I did so in light of a very disturbing observation, that the Senate had been labeled as being out of touch with their constituents. The development of the Yamataian race was for this Empire to develop a sense of culture; it was about freedom and lifestyle. It is that in which I will be asking the Senate to be looking at.” She smiled, looking towards the Senators. “The Unified Law of the Star Empire is outdated and vague, in the months ahead the Senate and I will reform, propose and ratify a new Charter of Civilian Rights and Freedoms and help construct a comprehensive plan for the future of the expansion of the population it will serve.”

Tio smiled slightly; listening to his mother’s words he could not help but be happy she decided to consider his suggestion.

“We once again need to look outwards, towards the unknown and expand our boarders to accommodate a growing and thriving population. However, before we can proceed with such ambitions we must bring an end to the current war with the Sfrarabla Mishhuvurthyar Xhrafuklurp and improve our relations with the other nations within the confines of known space.” Katsuko said in an empowered voice, “I know that peace may seem like a distant dream, the loss of life has been tragic and seemingly unending. The losses we have suffered to the hands of the enemy should serve as the motivation to bring an end to this conflict. As I tell you this, plans for a multination conference are being pieced together to be held with the hopes of ending this war. My son, Prince Motoyoshi Tio will be personally attending this summit; to represent the topics and views of this Dynasty. The Senate will also attend this summit, to carry with them the representation of the citizens of the Empire. My faith goes with them, with the hope that a new direction can be achieved in our relations with our neighbors.”

Katsuko stepped back, adjusting her posture slightly. “Speaking of our neighbors, I would also like to address our recent relations with the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia.” She looked briefly towards Kiyoko and Tio, and then continued, “Many years ago, under the banner of the former PNUgen Corporation, a plague was developed and set forth on the population resulting in a tragic loss of life.” She looked down a moment and gathered herself, “I release this information now, for the sake of it coming from me rather from the media, or other less reliable sources. Former Emperor Ketsurui Uesu, who was at PNUgen Corporation at the time, has been associated with the plague. This information was released to the Nepleslian government by the Sfrarabla Mishhuvurthyar Xhrafuklurp.”

Katsuko took a deep breath, as she continued to address the situation. “This information is no doubt to create a yet further widening of the rift between our two Empires. It is on that note that I would like to ask that all citizens of the Empire do their part and show the Nepleslian that we are not murders, and that the sins of a single corporation, or man are not the sins of an entire nation. “She said, after taking a sip of water from the glass next to the podium, “It is my hope that the rise of my own family, the Motoyoshi, to the throne will show Nepleslia and our other neighbors that a new chapter can be opened in our relationships.”

“Our relationship with Nepleslia was further strained when they began communication with the Sfrarabla Mishhuvurthyar Xhrafuklurp; with our current state of war with the Mishhuvurthyar our military had little choice but to deliver a warning that to conspire with the enemies of the Empire, is not acceptable.” Katsuko said, in a slightly elevated tone, “It is my hopes however, that this unfortunate incident and our relationship can be resolved and strengthened at the upcoming summit.”

“I have the highest hopes for our future, we have overcome challenges in the past and with changes we can do so again. It is my goal to improve the lives of the citizens of the Empire, by not only expanding their rights and freedoms, improving relationships with surrounding nations, but as a result increase the trade of goods made by Corporations within the Empire. “She said, with confidence; “Last year my family brought a new corporation to life, Motoyoshi Fleet Yards. Motoyoshi Fleet Yards is merely however a single example of a growing number of Corporate identities within the Empire, not limited to but including Ketsurui Zaibatsu and NovaCorp. It is my hopes that more Corporations will arise in the coming year, and that existing businesses will expand to meet the growing demands of the civilian, foreign and military markets. The Imperial family will begin offering grants to businesses which show promising contributions to the Empire. “She took another drink of water, and said “In light of this expanding corporate atmosphere, I would also like the Senate to begin ratification of laws that will ensure order and fairness is maintained in our Corporations as well.”

“Part of the fueling of the corporate expansion will come from the reforms planned in the Star Army. “ Katsuko paused a moment, continuing. “Even with the possibility peace on the horizon, the need to modernize and hone our military is an important priority. I will be working with Taisho Yui on increasing the efficiency of the Star Army; honing a force with can be put to the use of the Empire in that in times of war they are defending our territory and fighting the enemy, and that in times of peace force size can be reduced and the concentration put on training, recruiting, preparation for future conflict and most importantly, colonization and exploration to expand our boarders.”

Katsuko said then in closing. “It is my hope that the coming days will bring change and hopefully peace to the Empire. My focus will be upon improving the lives of our citizens, corporations and military steering us towards a better future.” Katsuko left the podium, and sat back down in her throne.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back