• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission [SAoY] Mini-missile, Type 41

Soban

Convention Veteran
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=stararmy:weapons:mini-missiles_type_41
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
This was orignally the munition for the Tailpack, but wes suggested that we make its own thread for it.

One thing I'll note is that they are about a foot long and a third of that in diamiter. Something that I noticed is that Mini-missile sizes vary depending on type. So you can have a shoulder mini-missile that is a few feet long to ones that are only a few inches long. I went for what I thought was reasonable, but we may need to change the size of the missile.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I've updated the destination URL to meet naming standards and to be plural since we're going to refer to these in quantity in most cases. I changed the title header to be the standard capitalization.

As a request, I would like the visual appearance of each missile to be described. I think a color pattern (like a stripe or colored nose) could be used to differentiate various types with similar appearances. Also I would need this for getting art made for them.

I fixed some hyphenation (short-lived) and linked aether. Can you also put some explanation text underneath stats? Not a big deal.

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Approved

Thanks again for submitting an article to the wiki! Time for some final steps for the reviewer...

[ x] 1. State clearly that the article is approved in the submission thread
[ x] 2. Move the wiki article to its permanent (destination) location on the wiki
[ x] 3. Move the submission thread to the Approved Submissions subforum or get a moderator to
[ x] 4. Edit the article to add a link to the approval thread in the OOC Notes section
[ x] 5. Remind the submitter to link to the newly-approved page wherever it makes sense to do so.

I was doing a 5-year review of this and I have a request: Could a list of compatible launchers be added to the article? Also could we get struct info added?

I've added some struct stuff and the launchers that link back to it on the wiki. It was originally designed to work with the Ke-M3-W2710 Mini-Missile Launcher Pods, and Ke-M2-W2908 Offensive Augmentation Pods (both Mindy accessories) so I imagine that it's pretty standardized so that they could work in anything that uses mini-missiles. The warhead types were basically me grabbing all of the warhead types I could find on the wiki and making a single list of them.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back