• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

SAOY - Reprisal Defense system

It's a good submission, and I think it has a place here. However, I don't like it because... I really don't know why. I believe I prefer a bunch of guards sitting around chatting it up in the middle of the night, because it allows for some social roleplay opportunity -- and maybe a surprise combat situation.

Can another mod take a look at this and grab me in the IRC?

Sam,
The Reprisal would not replace guards or infantry. It's an automated mobile turret. And depends on instructions, intended to work with those guards not replace them.

@Wes and @Nashoba I was just reading this wonderful article and was wondering if there was any change we could see this weapon system expanded to other fleets as well. Presently they are only fielded by the Second Expeditionary Fleet and the Fourth fleet and with what I assume has been a wonderful test it would see wider access. I can think of a few plots that this might be handy for that are not presently part of there order of battle and might be good to give it a wider use.

It seems like something that would be most useful to the Rikugun more than anyone else, actually.

Not necessarily, @Wes. A cheaper alternative to Gunship squadrons for Blink Tactics defensive operations to secure Yamataian star systems? Yes, please.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back