• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission SAoY Type 42 Female Bodysuit

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I feel like the things by the waist are going to interfere with the pistol belts the Star Army uses. I don't really like the supper arms and the should areas visually...I would like to come up with a variation of it based on the Type 42 Duty Uniform style of shoulders.

Also I don't think that using dataweave and color-changing fabrics simplifies product compared to using regular fabrics. Instead of dealing with simple clothes you're dealing with advanced technology now. It's just the phrasing of that part of the article made me go "what."

Lastly, I really, really like the Type 22 Bodysuit and how it links current SARP to SARP's beginnings. The original design of mine is one of the last things from the early days that's still in use, and I am really hesitant to replace it. It's iconic for SARP. Heck, I just got art of Hanako in the Type 22 this year and two other characters did too. And before someone says "Why not just use both?" I don't want to because the Star Army has enough uniforms styles already. I'm actually looking at trying to reduce the amount of active uniforms (getting rid of the 30C, the working uniform, etc).

Overall this is a good submission but the above issues are on my mind when I'm figuring out whether or not to give my FM approval.

What if it was like a 22b and just incorporated some of the features but didn’t change the appearance. Just took some cues from this and the 42

We can discuss the materials and such, but I want Wes to be more specific with what he'd want to change. There is some feature creep since the uniform is being used in situations where the communicator or other standard-issue items have to be discarded (infantry combat), and the pilots may well be wounded. It's treated as much as a flight suit integrating communicator and life-saving functionality as it is a uniform. I think I removed the specific blurb which contradicted the feature creep.

The things on the hips replace the pistol belts as well and it isn't meant to be worn with a belt on the hips. The holsters for equipment clip directly to them. I've clarified in the article just now that they are mounting points for holsters. They have the advantage of using the Neko/Minkan herself as a power source from which to trickle-charge equipment in holsters mounted to the hips.

I had wanted to wait until more proper art for the uniform was done, but I've waited too long as it is. This uniform is supposed to defer to the Type 42 Uniform in style/shoulder panels/rank layout. I just suck horribly at drawing. I posted a little blurb mentioning such in the wiki article right under the picture.

I can't really address Wes' personal preferences on the matter, though I can understand where he's coming from. I still think we need something for the Mini-Neko at least even if Wes doesn't want a new standard-issue variant, though. I'm not aware of them having any specific uniform for themselves. That's what this project started out as before I was convinced to make it a wider thing and why it integrated a communicator and charging into it (Mini-Neko were too small to use standard issue communicators). I also felt like this was an opportunity to have variants for Elysian infantry.

Last edited:
I have to be honest, I am the artist and this is what I have on this computer:
image0.png
Ignore the glove things, it was me asking @Toshiro a question. And ignore the missing head lol

I would like to know if there is a plan of action on the submission, though, since if changes are made I could help visualize them, perhaps.

@Wes, do you like this art and does it answer any questions? I wanted to look at what got reacts and realized maybe you should have been tagged.

It may not be a good one but that lineart is sketchy enough that if he does want changes, adding them will not be hard for me.

If he doesn't want a new bodysuit right now at all, though, you should be told so you can scrap it or save the files for a time to come.

My two main hangups at this point are:
  • I don't want to get rid of the Type 22 Bodysuit
  • I don't like the idea of a uniform that's incompatible with belts because belts give a lot of flexibility
I think the design itself looks pretty good though. I especially like using the newer rank style instead of the pins.

Maybe instead of outright replacement, it can be a tech upgrade for the Type 22?

I echo Demibear on this. Just upgrade the Type 22's materials and keep the overall aesthetic if it is a big deal. Couldn't hurt.

Upgrading the 22 with all of the new tasty Yaichiro tech is a good thing, esp the color changing etc, could it just end up having the same projector/communicator combo as the 42 duty? the new style rank and stuff can go on the undershirt, right?

Also I still think if the bodysuit gets color changing panels, then it should have the 37A worn with it.

I guess we can put the belt back, though pondering where the holo emitters will go without breaking the Type 22's appearance. Any suggestions?

You could give them the triangle one from the Type 42 in the same spot? Or put them at the top of the thigh holes?

My apologies, I haven't been 100% as of late. @Ametheliana , is it possible to alter the sketch to reflect those changes and see if that appearance is suitable to Wes? If it's favorable to him, then I know that there's hope for the design and I can change the submission around the art. The appearance being consistent seems to be the main hang up, and the submission could be modified successfully if it becomes passable. If you don't want to work on the art any further though, I understand. It's become a bit more involved than you probably expected when you volunteered. Just let me know.

I'm not sure if the holo emitter on the clavicle will look good or not, but there is no other place I can really see it. Putting it on the thighs as an alternate recommendation seems impractical. Thigh points move in relation to the core of the body and could be interfered with by holsters as well.

Last edited:
Just give me the changes in specificity and I'll be able to do it, Tosh. I don't want to make a mistake parsing what was said about what goes where on my own lol :sweatingemoji:

RPG-D RPGfix
Back