• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Suggestion SARP needs more Junk!

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
This comes from a discussion on discord.

SARP needs more junk! more salvage! I was noticing the selections at the swap were a bit wimpy.

• There are space battles going on! - has to be junk.
  • It is space, there have to be various things banging apart, breaking, being evacuated, junk flying, things being forgotten just about everywhere and every day.
  • It would be cool to see something pop up once in a while in addition to the swap meet where just various junk is up for grabs.

How would we distribute the additional junk? Should we allow player corporations and ships to trawl battlegrounds?

We could have someone or a group of people make more salvage companies. I think Toshiro used to run one if I remember. He had a plot around it. Could even be an open RP thing or fit into this International Space station that's been proposed, some international junk market!

You know that would be an interesting use of a post-war Kuvexian. Holed up in some dilapidated space station selling junk in a neutral system.

Of course, junk is for everyone!

Reasonably speaking, it might be more interesting if we did have an intergalactic junk market - having it hosted in a run-down location, we're talking about something held together by luck and bad engineering might give it more flavor. Maybe even a junk market made of junk.

It gets kind of boring in the setting when everything is polished and perfect.

Some of the junk should also be of well - questionable legality and sources.

Perfect reason said vessel would probably be a den for smugglers outside Vice in the Reservoir System most likely. Also meaning the ship would likely be a honeycomb of shady compartments where the more selective merch would be hidden.

I have to confess I didn't even know that page existed

It's rather unreadable almost sadly, which maybe be partly why. Everything is smudged together on that page in a black box.

I might suggest more advertisement of the salvage company, maybe. The salvage day was a good event, but I didn't realize you could buy junk from them all the time. I agree that more junk in general that's available to get would be good, it'd be a nice way for characters to obtain items without having to go out and make a big purchase. Personally I haven't seen a lot of people getting junk outside of the salvage day, I think if there were more availability or motivation to get junk it would help. From an OOC perspective as a player, it feels like people kind of just get stuff on their own through various means, I don't see a lot of people saying they got something that's cool but wrecked and are going to have their character repair it.

And keeping the lists of stock organized so people know what's there to buy. And perhaps a general list of things that can be bought. Otherwise all the goodies get bought and then what's left loses anyone else's interest of it's meant to be a long term junk outlet.

I might suggest more advertisement of the salvage company, maybe. The salvage day was a good event, but I didn't realize you could buy junk from them all the time
D'oh. The giveaway every year is their big promotional event.

And keeping the lists of stock organized so people know what's there to buy. And perhaps a general list of things that can be bought. Otherwise all the goodies get bought and then what's left loses anyone else's interest of it's meant to be a long term junk outlet.
Sounds just like a real junkyard. Where's the fun in having junk if it's in aisles like a walmart?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back