• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

SARPY Awards: Best News Post of 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
In Star Army we use the News Headlines Forum as a way for all playeres to know the important in-character developments happening in the Star Army Universe. News posts can be written by any player and are approved by the staff prior to posting. Faction managers are expected to regularly make news posts and they count as RP activity. What was your favorite news story of 2022? Post your nominations below and don't forget to vote on each!

Solution
I'm going to toot my own horn a little and nominate this fun piece I was inspired to write after a real-life accident where I got Coca Cola all over my kitchen:

I'm going to toot my own horn a little and nominate this fun piece I was inspired to write after a real-life accident where I got Coca Cola all over my kitchen:

Solution
Sure, I'll throw my hat in the ring.

I really wanted to write Hoshi making true on her promise to Uesu to show Yamataians the threat he faces and she'll continue to, but something about this post clicked with others and it made me joyous to write.

Instead of putting up an arrogant "We can crush anything we're the Star Army!!" front it was important to me for her to show that being brave doesn't mean you aren't scared, it means you do the right thing even when you are. (Which is basically extrapolated from a lot of writers, from Tolkien to Gaiman to the author of the Little Engine that Could.) Those themes will certainly continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back