• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

SARPY Awards: Best Setting Submission of 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
In 2022, we had a lot of new submissions of setting elements. I saw a lot of starships, places, items, and other articles get posted and I approved a lot of them (hopefully not taking too long to comb through each!). If there was one submission you think stood out from the rest or was really well executed, which one would you nominate? Please include a link to the wiki page and approval thread and a brief explanation why this submission deserves to be named the Best Setting Submission of 2022.

Solution
This is a really tough one, I almost think it should be divided into categories. I'm a sucker for the more cultural and setting-expanding articles.

So my vote is going to go for the recently submitted Kaiko Park by @Ametheliana . It is just one of those submissions that makes Yamatai feel alive, and the art is beautiful! The approval thread is here. I like this kind of submission because they come right out of roleplay and then become a place that can be visited and expanded on over and over.
This is a really tough one, I almost think it should be divided into categories. I'm a sucker for the more cultural and setting-expanding articles.

So my vote is going to go for the recently submitted Kaiko Park by @Ametheliana . It is just one of those submissions that makes Yamatai feel alive, and the art is beautiful! The approval thread is here. I like this kind of submission because they come right out of roleplay and then become a place that can be visited and expanded on over and over.

Solution
I nominate The Fujiko Development Corporation by @demibear. For years, the Reds have been essentially stagnant and Demibear has really started bringing them to life, creating a character creation guide, RP threads, and wiki articles, and the core of these is the Fujiko Development Corporation. The article also utilizes new AI Art tech to help illustrate workers of the FDC.

Article: Fujiko Development Corporation on Star Army Space Roleplay

Approval thread: Approved Submission - Fujiko Development Corporation

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back