• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission Scalable Explosive Backpack

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm a little skeptical of this being DR 10. Just seems like a lot of punch for a backpack explosive. Putting it on-par with a Mass Launcher system from a Chiaki-Class just seems excessive. Any chance you'd be willing to come down on the DR value?

Sure. I'll default that to as if it was blank so it's down to reviewer's discretion (as per submisison rules), so choose what you think is fair.

I was thinking DR 8, would that be acceptable to you the designer?

9? I think if it can do mecha-tier damage, it can do mecha-tier damage all the way (should be able to 'splode a big airplane or mid-rise building). It's crossing the tier-group boundary into starship. I think it's probably best to view DR tiers as a kind of modified logarithmic scale, where each tier is a little wider than the next, and the final tier in a group is even wider proportionally because there's a significant "power gap." So 9.

10 is where you would start seeing vehicle bombs. Stuff that can level very large buildings, or wide chunks of cities. For reference, Strategic Aether Bombs are Tier 12 and modeled on Tsar Bomba's 50mt yield, likely the upper-end of Tier 12's strategic nuclear tier. Tier 11 is probably then tactical nukes and very large conventional bombs. The Tier 15 Taiho Mass Driver is significant fractions of Chicxulub impact. (Interstellar craft that can nyoom around at significantly relativistic speeds and fight space battles with particle beams are inherently hard to damage)

Last edited:
8 or 9 is fine by me, although saying 9 but it still being able to scale down to an 8 gives it more utility. I don't mind too much either way, you have my permission to change its DR as you see fit, as per submission rules.

9 it is.

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✅ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✅ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and the article template. Is all the information for struct present?
[ ✅ ] 3. The article follows our wiki-style guidelines, including No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✅ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✅ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate and are not broken
[ ✅ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ ✅ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and credited in the OOC section.
[ ✅ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✅ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✅ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Approved.

Please remember to fill out the struct, link this in where needed, etc. Thank you.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back