• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Rejected Submission Scarecrows Security Combat Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowWalker

Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=faction:uso:scarecrows:security_combat_armor
Submission Faction(s)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
Frank's intagrated Armor
  • Type: Dermal combat armor
  • Role: Heavy integrated combat armor
  • Weight: 25 lbs.
Description: Full body armor
  • Fee: 100 KS
  • Ballistic mesh x10: 500 KS
  • Heavy ceramic plates x10: 800 KS
  • Bio-organic material: 150 KS
Total: 1550 KS (3100 DA)
Field Maintenance Procedure: Impossible to fix in the field, needs augment doctors care

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I’ve moved this thread, as this submission has not yet been formally approved. For future reference, @Esscast, please don’t create threads in the Approved Submissions sub-forum - as stuff has to first be approved here in the Setting Submissions sub-forum before it can be moved there.

Edit: Marked as On Hold at Esscast’s request.

Last edited:
@Esscast told me via PM that he wanted to have this submission made "active" again, thus:

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ❌ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template.
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ❌ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate.
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ N/A ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ❌ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ❌ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here are some fixes this article still needs:
  1. As this submission was created using the Custom Apparel Guide, would you mind formatting it according to the Clothing Item Template, please? The Nomenclature Information can be included in the template's "Page Title" section.
  2. Once you format the article according to the aforementioned Clothing Item Template, would you mind adding a "Damage Capacity" sub-section (similar to the one found in the Power Armor Template) to the "Design" section, please? The Integrated Armor's tier would in my official opinion be:
    • Tier 1 (Light Personnel) if the armor is integrated below or onto Frank's skin.
    • Tier 3 (Heavy Personnel) if the armor is separate from Frank (like, say, the Golem Assault Armor).
  3. Would you mind adding a link to Frank's character article, please?
  4. The article needs to have a lot more detail then it currently has. Consider, for instance, the following:
    • Is this armor physically integrated into (or onto) Frank - or is it a separate body armor like the aforementioned Golem?
    • If the armor was integrated beneath or onto Frank's skin, when (YE 40?) and by whom (Psychopomp?) was such a complex and delicate surgical procedure carried out?
    • If it's a separate body armor, what's its appearance - and how is it maintained?
    • Who designed and/or produced the armor?
  5. @Legix and @Zack, the respective Faction Managers of the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia and Uso's Star Organization, need to post their approval of the submission in this thread.
When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

Edit: Apologies if I came across as blunt - I had to type this in kind of a hurry due to stuff that came up IRL. >.<

Last edited:
Well the intigrated armor was already approved I'm just doing a mass production bit were a make said armor for commercial use and made to be worn outside of the body

Thanks for clarifying that, @Esscast - but then who's going to be manufacturing the armor, and why can it only be repaired by someone specializing in augmentations?

Also, I don't mean to be rude...but which thread was the integrated armor originally approved in?

The armor was approved for bounty hunters but also Frank's version is replacing his skin from the neck down like said in his bio

Now that is why it's only a augmentation doctor can fix it so
Also for who's going to be building it it's scarecrows mercanary force using the factory they have set up on xuno to produce it at mass quantities and from there to the r&d lab and augment the scarecrows intantrey
Crows 11,000 units combat units
300 assassin's units
50 body gaurd units

I again apologize for being blunt, @Esscast, but getting a piece of technology approved as part of a character's biography is not the same thing as getting it approved by a submission reviewer - not when one considers the vastly different review process used for each; with that being said, however, thanks for clearing up its manufacturer.

One other thing I forgot to mention, and sorry if it appears I'm being nitpicky (as that's not my intention >.<): how much do the Integrated Armor's bio-organic materials increase the wearer's strength and movement by? 1.5 times?

Last edited:
Generally enough of it to wear it doesn't complicate his health so it's more or less I wanna say 20-30% is bio intigrated the rest it's like I said it replaces the skin from the neck down

Ah, okay - so the mass production version (the one that this submission is for, not the version Frank himself personally has) is integrated into the wearer's skin from their neck dowmwards, correct?

Apologies for being blunt, @Esscast - I just want to make sure that I include the right stuff when I re-post the checklist. >.<

I appreciate that frost and yes you are correct scarecrows are just mass producing the augment armor Frank has if you could do me a solid and pass me a link on the power armor template because after thinking over everything the augment armor Frank has Wich would be like this armor is technically power armor
Given what it's capable of doing but would be more teir three given how much non protective stuff ment for other stuff is in it

Ran into a small issue I'm making the original creators of the armor hades corperations so logically I have to make them before Frank armor can be approved

Also hades corperation is no longer a functional Corp

Fm approved.

You can always list your Corp now, and then make an article for it later. You don’t need to do everything all at once.

The corporation that manufactures a product should in my official opinion always be submitted prior to the product itself, @Zack.

@Esscast - how long ago was the Hades Corporation active? I ask because “back-dating” setting elements like corporations unfortunately isn’t something that’s usually permitted in new submissions. >.<

Apologies if I came across as blunt or anything in my previous post, @Esscast - I typed it up on my phone while traveling to a restaurant for dinner last night. Would you like for me to mark this submission as "On Hold" while you work on the Hades Corporation?

The "back-dating" is something that can be discussed when you submit the aforementioned corporation for review - and isn't something that should be discussed here (sorry for bringing it up >.<), as, well, it's somewhat off-topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back