• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Rejected Submission [scarecrows] temple armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowWalker

Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=clothing_item:phase_1_temple_series_armor#ooc_notes
Submission Faction(s)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
the armor is a heavy combat and hazard suit featuring heavy plating and extra padding the suit by all means is considered a hardsuit but not to the point of being power armor needing the help of a squad mate to put it on a check it made out of composit matirials and ballistic mesh as well as extra padding and plating on the chest with a beam disrupting coating the armor itself features

• Comms System
  • Range finder
  • UV Filter/Light Amplification
  • Powered weve
  • Sensor Network, External
  • Beam Dispersive Coating on the extra light padding
  • Oxygen Tanks
  • Integrated Exoskeleton

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This looks like a very good start and I want to commend you on making what appears to be a solid base for the future phases of this armor. Something of mild concern, and realistically nothing too grave, is the matter of shielding. Normally a minimum of a full-body power suit is needed to protect against the field generated by a shield generator. Unprotected biological organisms tend to die slowly and painfully inside of a protective field. that is not to say that it is impossible to install shields on something like this. It would only need full body coverage. It would be nice if you could describe more about its coverage and explain its means of resisting the field generated by it's Shields.

Additionally, and I'm sure it was just an oversight, there is no information in the ' getting in and out' section. Could you add text there, please?

Upon first glance, this looks incomplete. It also seems more like a powered armor than clothing, in which case it needs to use This template. Also, all pages must have prose directly after any headers, as per the style guide which all wiki pages must follow. Lastly, you have a section which is not filled out at all, that being the getting in and out section, which is from the power armor template.

It's not power armor so try again it's a hardsuit which in real life has existed since early deep sea diving this is just militurised so no its not power armor

As for the aheilding I'd probably edit it to a one because since it's not power armor and it just has a disrupter coating is probably only able to shrug off a single laser shot Wich would still nock someone on there rear and knock them out but they would be alive

Last edited:
@Esscast esswhat he is saying is true. The tier needs adjustment to no higher than 3 and honestly, much more detail is needed all over. I cannot envision what this looks like. I'd recommend comparing the article to the template Alex linked and fill in the gaps.

Made some adjustments to the article and put in 'fix me's where more text is needed.

I'm also a little unclear on if this is just armor, or if it is a powered armor IE: uses some kind of mechanical strength enhancement.

ALSO, just realized the submission link for final placement of wiki article and the template line didn't have the right values. Rather than rejecting the article outright, I just fixed it using edit-powers.

Who's taking this submission by posting a checklist?

Well both are tagged, now, so it's likely one will come in.

Anything going on with this submission? Haven't seen any updates since the 22nd of July. I'm sorry, but if I don't see anything more within the next few days I'll have to mark this as abandoned.

Hi hi Hiyo! Let's see if this little gem actually goes with SARPy lore and meets canon! :3

[ / ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ️/ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ / ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ / ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ / ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ / ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ / ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ / ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ / ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ? ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here's some fixes this article still needs:

1. There is nothing in the destination URL, no article, nothing; which means this submission. However, a search of hte wiki does finally reveal where it is located, this needs to be fixed in the main topic.
2. There is nothing under the Armor header, please give that.
3. There needs to be information for Lifespan and Maintenance Cycles.
4. There is no information in the 'advantages' section.
5. There is no details in the drawback section.
6. Appearance has the regular text in it, nothing else.
7. There is no information in the 'in and out' part, other than the basics.

There are a lot of problems with this article, however, because this user hasn't been on in awhile and hasn't responded to further inquiries, I am deeming it as abandoned. The user may resubmit this at a later date.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back