• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Scourge

I suggest that this remain un-approved
(Note: I am only basing this on the first post. Modifications really should be made in the form of an edit to said post)

-The anti-matter buck ball thing does need to be changed. A new power source is needed and an overall life span for the creatures should be added to help cut down on abuse in game. They aren’t self replicating so I am assuming they will remain frozen or something until they are activated. This is the most important thing that needs to be changed.
-More description on deployment method would be nice. Do they come in a vial? Or a boxed set? While not vital it would be nice to know these kinds of things.
-Injection: What does it inject? This is not stated. (Note: I am assuming that each text block is a different item)
-The chain saw, one that small really isn’t going to be able to do much damage to a person. It simply wouldn’t have enough power and mass to cut with as it is currently described. I would like to see something to reflect this but it isn’t vital and the saw doesn’t need to be removed as it would be fairly damaging to the modern miniature electronics if it could get close enough to them.

Chaeron-1
-A small amount of nanomachines consuming a body would take a fairly long time and they would need some sort of external power source of readily available fuel supply to accomplish this. Metabolizing carbon perhaps.
-This really isn’t a tech issue but if you are going to have something that kills by decomposing a person and by nerve gas, don’t they both seem kinda redundant? I think it would be easier if you made the nerve gas nanomachines and decomposers two separate entries.

it means roughly, that it has a sentience value rouhgly one tenth of that of a human. It is around a tenth as smart, although it can assimilate information as fast as a computer.

It's a way of valuing sentience:

AI 1.0 = Sentience equivelant to a human
AI 2.0 = Human Sentience squared.
AI 3.0 = 2.0 cubed

Etc.

You cannot apply a mathamatical modifier or operator to a human-like intelligence. Human and artificial intelligences work in different ways.

If you work with software, the whole "1.0" thing is a buzz-word and isn't used any more unless there are incremental upgrades along the way which can be quantified as packages or systems.

Anyway. A programmer works in the following way:

1) Produce a breif & design
2) Produce an early prototype (Alpha/"A")
3) Produce a version that works as it should (Beta/"B"). This is usually also a concept demonstrator for key interests and stake holders.
4) If there are major problems, work from Beta until you are complete.
5) Produce your final version fit for consumption ("Going Gold").

Now, when you look at the human mind, it doesn't work like software. An AI would be constantly revising itself and thus never really remain the same package. Just a core program writing its own plugins and modules to cope with the situation around it.

You could quantify an AI with an intelligence raiting. The enemies in say MGS3 are smart but I can't hold a conversation with them and they don't understand concepts.

Would it not be better to work with an IQ, a number of cycles per second and the speed information is interperated from the outside and the adaption rate to cope with new information correctly (An AI does not see as we see. It can, however, learn to see how we cannot see.)

Sorry, Cora. ^^;

I keep my thumbs in lots of different pies (from graphics to computer science).

Zak, I'd like to give you a quick help with this when you're online.
I think there's real potential to this idea and it sounds like a lot of fun.

Oh, one other thing. I had hoped you'd justify your use of a quantum computer. A carefully tailored neural net would be far better for what you're doing in conjunction with any good traditional (Von) number cruncher. :3

Alright:

I changed the power source, removed the circular saw and made modifications to Chaeron.

Are there further problems?

Request that it be named to something less generic, as to avoid confusion with infamous Elysian plague. I'd like to be able to refer to the latter as simply "the plague".

RPG-D RPGfix
Back