• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Interest Check Scouts among the stars

ajax228

Just an idea but the idea is a short plot with a Yam scout ship. The idea is while the Koun is doing whatever the hell the Koun does and while the Res is looking for leads on the machine world our little scout ship will be operating in space following leads of its own or even of the two ships.

Now as of right now this is just an idea but plan is a short plot and maybe link up with one of the two other ships for a joint operation to finish the plot off.

Looking for the Wakaba?

I don't have the bandwidth for full-time participation in anything else, especially once this Div5 thing starts for me, but if you do end up in 1XF I have a bazillion supporting NPCs at my disposal to cameo/special guest star. @Andrew ?

I don't have the bandwidth for full-time participation in anything else, especially once this Div5 thing starts for me, but if you do end up in 1XF I have a bazillion supporting NPCs at my disposal to cameo/special guest star. @Andrew ?
Sounds good to me, I may even be able to pull a cameo if needed.

Just an idea but the idea is a short plot with a Yam scout ship. The idea is while the Koun is doing whatever the hell the Koun does and while the Res is looking for leads on the machine world our little scout ship will be operating in space following leads of its own or even of the two ships.

Now as of right now this is just an idea but plan is a short plot and maybe link up with one of the two other ships for a joint operation to finish the plot off.
This sounds great to me! We could use more active ships out there!

I could see about throwing some hooks into this plot ship. Neat idea to have a ship fill in if you would between two other plot ships.

probably expeditionary fleet

As I was once told, there is real SAINT (Cindy Cat Club) and fake SAINT that is really just Naval Intelligence (MI) but trained by SAINT. Most analysts and operatives in fleets (and all in Rikugun) are the latter.

not sure i was thinking a regular ship and crew tasked with helping doing scouting stuff for the other two ships but geared for combat as well since they would be informed of the machine threat.

As I was once told, there is real SAINT (Cindy Cat Club) and fake SAINT that is really just Naval Intelligence (MI) but trained by SAINT. Most analysts and operatives in fleets (and all in Rikugun) are the latter.
Yeah, I have the exact same understanding myself. I was told there's two sides of SAINT: one is the intelligence side and the other is the wetwork/scary/unaccountable side. There are very few of the latter and the former actually don't know very much about them at all. However, the former like to dip into the protections and reputations at times that the latter get, lol.

not sure i was thinking a regular ship and crew tasked with helping doing scouting stuff for the other two ships but geared for combat as well since they would be informed of the machine threat.
A regular ship sounds like it fits. It also sounds like something a Ranger/Scout ship might do, if it's mostly just solo scouting without fleet support. Recently I downplayed that aspect given 1XF is doing its thing. However I believe Glein ran a similar ship in the recent past with this kind of idea unless I'm mistaken. It might be worth a look if you haven't already, just for inspiration.

Classic Secret Squirrel Syndrome. When I was in, I was Military Intelligence. And not just any MI, but the bottom of the barrel Human Intelligence (they get zero respect from the US Army MI Corps). So in order to cope, we would always come up with crazy spy stories and the least intelligent of us would then tell it to civvies to as if they were real. Because spy sounds a lot better than Human Intelligence Collector.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back