• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Scrapyard Ideas + Star Army Bases

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Hi Star Army!

I was working on the Star Army's bases today and I had an idea for the Scrapyard (UX-12) system. First, I made a separate page for the Star Army base there, and I saw thinking that we could name it after @Toshiro 's character Kage Yaichiro or his ship the YSS Sakura II in honor of their recent defense of that system versus the Kuvexian invasion. Some possible names are Fort Kage, Fort Yaichiro, or Kage Fleet Depot. My idea is that instead of mainly being a dumping ground for ships, the Star Army could reinvent the base as a recycling center where salvaged old starship parts are made into new stuff for the Star Army.

Since we're talking about Star Army stuff, here's a preliminary new template for Star Army Bases (other factions could use this too of course):
Code:
====== Fort Template =====

===== Contacts =====

===== History =====

===== Location =====

===== Facilities =====

==== Transportation ====

===== Assets =====

===== OOC Notes =====
Some stuff to note: The "Contacts" section is a new thing I've implemented on Star Army bases where there's a character who represents the base. They are the one who handles the routine communications when players contact the base. The idea is to put a face on the various facilities of the Star Army. I am actively hunting for NPCs or abandoned characters to make into contacts for the Star Army bases.

Funny you should mention making new stuff for the star army out of stuff there, I had an idea a while back where we could try to repair and modernize the old Ayame class starships.

I like this as well. Not just the naming (Yaichiro would be quite surprised whether it was based on him or the Sakura), but also the fact that it recycles old stuff into new things. That actually fits the character's own concepts and is a very nice evolution for Scrapyard itself.

Possible consequences for naming:

If named for the Sakura, it will be a morale booster since the ship has a lot to live up to because of its namesake. Eucharis has been as much or more of a successor than the Sakura II has to this point, and it'd show that the group could actually share in the legacy.

If named Kage, then Yaichiro would be less likely to be willing to change his own family name later if asked. Naming it Yaichiro would not have this effect.

Update: I've decided to go with "Sakura Fleet Depot!" I've just made all the necessary wiki updates for it, too.

Looking forward to hearing more about the ideas for recycled starships.

Why not, instead of recycle them, Just Modernize them?

I think in a hard fought war every ship should be needed.

Modernize some old sakura II's (The only cat ship i remember atm...) or something to bring them new life since it would be faster than recycling old ships into new ones because you are skipping several steps because 60% of what you need is already there and you just need to replace the old with the new.

Plus it brings about new ships and brings life to dead wiki articles that would never be used again...

I think that's what Wes meant. Updating in cases where it's possible and recycling in cases where it's not. Also, all known Sakura-class vessels have already been refitted into Plumeria-class. That's on the wiki.

Yamatai isnt my specialty. Other than the plumeria the S-II's are literally the only cat ship i know due to the reds having a small score of em back in the civil war.

And even then i havet really read the plumeria's article thoroughly~

All I've gotta say is bring back the Nozomi. Yui 6 is the best Yui-class!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back