• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: Section 6 Section 6 - Ep.1 side story: Ashes to Graphene, Dust to Memories.

Jack Pine

RP Date
24 hours after departure of 188604
RP Location
S6S-Anvil: ship wide
Jack steeled himself, standing on the bridge in his dress uniform. Having had time to collect his thoughts and his emotions, he prepared to make his address.

"Start the feed."

"Yes sir."

The vidscreens on the bridge not essential to ship operation switched a view of Jack standing before the captain's chair.

With only a slight delay he began to speak....

"Dear people of Section 6, this is the Director speaking. Yesterday we as you all know were attacked. 18 died in the attack, 10 being civilians, and 8 SABER personnel. In addition my granddaughter and her infant child were taken."

Jack let that sink in before continuing, "We have confirmed the attackers were Psychopomp operatives. Now I assure you, that we will not let this stand, we will not let those who passed die in vain. Justice will be brought when we are in a position to obtain it. When that will be is at this time unsure. The attack was unexpected, and we no longer have a base, or ST.", he said before another pause.

"I ask that you all trust me now, and have faith that I will find us a home. Before we left, we reviewed all the data gathered from the lightyear array. Star charts, and star system scans, as well as planetary data. During careful review of this data, there was a location in the north eastern corner of the sector that caught our attention. Unclaimed, and uncharted territory, with a 6 planet system we are dubbing Sanctum. There, a habitable planet according to the data exists, which we've called Sirris VI."

"Its a two day trip, and one that could yield the fruits of a promise we had been working towards since this organization's inception. A new home, one where we can build a future for our children, and families. Where we aren't fighting someone else's war, or under the rule of a dictator. But let me be frank, there will be trials ahead. Ones that as a group, we can overcome, and make this dream a reality. Especially when it is so close."

"But first, to tend to our fallen. A specially designed service will be held in a few hours, and I encourage you to attend as we remember those who will not get to see that dream until ST is available again. Let us remember the sacrifice they made to build what will be a government of free people, and the future they worked to bring."

"This is the Director, signing off. May our hard work bare the fruits of peace, a bright future. And it bring peace to the fallen.", Jack ended before the feed was cut and replaced with the S6 insignia.

"Jay I seriously hope I've made the right choice. I pray to the void we can pull this off.", He said with almost a tired tone before sitting in the chair and removing his cap, "Tell the scarecrow emissaries I'll see them now."

Somewhere deep and dark in the bowels of the Anvil, preparing herself and waiting, was a young woman of titanic stature and strength, bu her hands shook. Somewhere deep down inside, she could feel something missing. It was a feeling she hoped no one would feel for her when she one day. A hollowness that kept her focus as she pinned combat awards to the chest of her freshly pressed Saber dress uniform. Some how, that body had been the hardest for her team to recover. And the hardest to stretcher to sit next to on the trip to the Anvil.

She wasn't sure if it was because he'd opted out of the ST program and was mortal as she was, or how much Section 6 needed him. But the fact that it hurt her so much was disturbing.

So six feet and well over two hundred pounds of soldier wiped her eyes, stood tall in front of her barrack mirror, and touselled her hair back into its normal short floof that she knew would annoy her gene-mother alongside her batch sisters.

"Chin up, Spark. You got a job to do."

~~

Rose stood on the flight deck with the caskets, no, urns of native earth and ashes, each one a simple holoprojector. She knew the kids were safe with Neera. These urns were just testers, the real ones would be placed on the shelf later on, when the bodies of the faces she saw were rendered down to the graphene lattices used to build their memorials. She had taken to personally reclaiming the eight suits of armor that were destroyed with the lives of those troopers.

The fact that these people were gone for good hurt. More so that she knew why. Still, she continued running tests, double checking everything. Making sure the service would be perfect. Good people she knew were among these eighteen. It was the least she could do.

Last edited:
S6S Anvil - Wherever Spark is
Koroleva theme:
Arch Enemy - Reason to believe

The scent of loss was in the air. The atmosphere was dread, heavy and hung. A watcher of people, Koroleva, saw the people walking with slumped shoulders and defeated eyes.

The nekovalkyrja decided to seek out the deepest and darkest corners to be alone. There was pent up energy, there was stress. There was innescessant screaming. Then there was a metallic voice that rung throughout the ship. Something she absolutely loathed. But the voices went silent. And for the first time in a long time, she could listen. She could think. And she could understand. Barely, but all she knew was that she heard the name PsychoPomp. Casualties.

They harmed her territory - they trod on her home, they killed those she wasn't allowed to hunt and was told to protect. And while her mischief was on a dark, even morbid level. No one was to raise a finger against her territory.

It was then that the Neko took note of the large, blonde woman, seated at first. Examining her hands, lost for a purpose. Then forcing herself to stand proud. To stand tall, unlike a predator like her, this was a warrior, impressive as much as intimidating. From her predatorial crawling, she pushed herself up to both feet and approached Spark with loud thumps. Making sure that the woman heard her approach. The masked Neko stopped several inches shy, before glancing at the mirror. Then back at Spark. "... Kill-... All," she grunted clearing her throat. "Spare-... No," the lucent silver eyes behind the mask blinked shortly. "hurt-... All...- hurt our." The sound of a metallic fist balling. "Hurt-... Them pay." The venom was audible in her words. "Veng-... Ance."

No one harmed or damaged her things.

No one.

S6S Anvil - Park
Talih theme:
Celldweller - End of an Empire

Watching the large screen presented infront of the park, with Jack giving his speech, Talih couldn't help but scoot closer to Seraphina. Space travel made her anxious. There was no whispers of rock. No solid stone anywhere near under her feet, there was only the meager, synthetic and lifeless dirt in the park. A light consolation. The stress was discomforting, painful. It was different from the Osman sands. From the vast deserts, the countless grains of sands and the shaped rocks that sung to her if she pleased. She felt like a puppy, chained and abandoned in a cage.

She had left her home, she had left her clan. She had left everyone behind. Squeezing the Elysian's arm closer as the man went on about the losses. The tragic lack of ST. The attacks. It caused her to bite her lower lip. Feeling something squeezing in her stomach. Her caramel skin slowly turning several shades paler. "I could've helped," she whispered to herself. The tears stinging in her eyes. "I should've been on the landing strip, I could've saved people." Nuzzling closer against Seraphina, she couldn't fight back the tears. "I was... Scared, but I'm special... I could've... saved-...-" the rest was no longer audible as the woman fell into a soft sobbing against Sera's shoulder.

Last edited:
S6S Anvil - Harmony's Bedroom

Harmony was an outsider here, she knew that painfully so as she felt... Little for the lives lost. She hardly knew the eighteen killed, but she could see on the faces she had seen when they had returned the hurt and pain of loss. She didn't need to be an Occhestan to feel their sorrow... It was for that reason alone that she was sure she was going to attend. It was strange though, how she felt in her outfit. She looked herself over in the outfit and smoothed out the pants a bit, a deep green that matched her hair closely which were cinched at both her waist and knees. Her legs were wrapped in a thick pair of bandages, a stark white color that looked almost like bleached bone. Around her chest rested a bandage as well, covering her more intimate parts for courtesy's sake of the people aboard. She didn't want to turn around though, she fought the glance over her shoulder.

She could empathize with the people aboard the ship for one big reason. Years ago she had lost someone herself. Someone closer then a simple friend, it was her bonded Llradyr, a creature that had been with her since she was but a little older than a child. She fought her own tears as she looked back to the large headdress that rested on her bed finally and suddenly felt unable to breathe. The fur was still that sleek jet black that seemed to shine in the light, the long pelt that had once adorned her bonded, Peace, lay limp and spread out on the bed as if he rested there himself. Claws as vicious looking in death as they had been in life rested gently on her pillow. She dreaded this, she had worn her grandfather's bonded at his funeral. It was her right as his firstborn grandchild, but this... This was her Peace.

Kneeling at the bedside she drew the heavy pelt into her chest and hugged it for a moment, the top of the skull still in place with two large fangs hanging down from the jaw, she didn't care as they dug into her skin and threatened to puncture. She had never wanted to wear this but knew one day she would have to. Steeling herself from the tears that had already begun to fall from her eyes and mat his fur, Harmony stood and placed the pelt on her back. She adjusted it, shifting it in place to get it just right so the skull rested on her own head and the front arms of the pelt rested over her shoulders and down her chest where they would have covered her with some modesty had she not worn theh bandage already. She would look ridiculous she knew... She would be a sideshow, but these were her people now, her family. And they would know who Harmony was, a Llamnel and a shaman, one who dictated the rights of those that passed from this world to the arms of Voxphine to rest for eternity. She took a deep breath and finally turned to the mirror to take herself in, the first time she had worn her bonded, and for a second she was brave.

But then she broke...

She had never truly mourned her loss and for once the sweet smiling girl that was always happy hurt inside. She hurt for her loss of her bonded, her best friend. She hurt for the loss of her people, so many gone because they were tired. And she hurt for the loss of her family, her brothers, and sisters, her parents who she had never even said goodbye too...

She cried into her hands and crouched in her room for a few minutes, and let herself cry for the first time in... In years. She hadn't even cried when Peace had died, she had been too numb, to hurt to mourn, but now she did. After a few minutes of pity for herself, she struggled to get control and stood. She cleaned her face and turned to walk out of the room. Just as she had thought, she got looks as she walked through the halls of the anvil. The pelt dragged behind her like a procession train, but people thankfully avoided stepping on it. She had a few more things she needed.

S6S Anvil - Park

She took a deep breath of what little nature was on the ship, the smells of grass and trees and flowers gave her some resolve. Idly she looked over to the two in the park, the Elysian Seraphina who she had met before, and another girl that seemed to be seeking comfort. They would be treated to a view of Harmony dressed in her funeral garb. The somewhat baggy pants cinched at her waist and knees, the bleached bone leg wraps with no shoes on, and the thick heavy pelt of an obvious predator draped down her back, she looked more barbarian than funeral attendee, but it would look oddly in place together.

The girl went about gathering flowers where she could, cutting them at the stem with a pair of sharpened nails. Eighteen dead, eighteen flowers for her to carry to the funeral. She would be there and hopefully, this would be the last she attended with her new family in such terrible circumstances.

Last edited:
HANGAR

Rose would feel a gentle hand rest on her shoulder as Sarah stopped beside her. Sarah gave her wife a worried look as she spoke, "Hey, how are you holding up with all this? I know it was rough that day when you came aboard and saw them. I just want to make sure your okay, because...This is the hardest part of this job. Something we took for granted when we had ST."

She remembered all too well her own death. It had been months, but seeing those bodies, made it feel more like only days. Sarah didn't show it, but this was just as hard for her too. She had done her crying, and Rose knew, she'd been there for it. A thing the 38 year old, hadn't done in years.

===================

PARK

Seraphina put a arm, and a wing, around Talih. Her own heart weighed heavily, aware of now empty desks, and absent faces. The Elysian wanted so much to comfort the daur, "It wasn't your fault, everything happened too fast. Nothing could have been done to change what happened. I miss those who are gone now, but I'm happy your safe."

Sera knew just how precious life was, having lost her own family to various causes. For a long time she had truly been alone. Then her adoptive son had stepped into her life, and shortly after, Talih. She would never forget their time in the desert.

That line of thought ceased as the angel saw Harmony, someone relatively new, and somewhat of a friend. The garb was a little odd, but clearly held a weighty significance. And it touched her to see such consideration, and reverence.

"I'm fine, love." Rose's HUD finished the scrolling lines of text and she closed the application with a small wave of her hand. "The armor's almost up and ready, urns are being built, now, and the graphene's done cooking. Lab techs'll be flashing the holograms tomorrow morning. Then we can be done with this part of the job."

Sarah had shed her share of tears. but Rose was never the type to mourn loss like that. She often buried herself in work and did some small, special thing for those who couldn't come back. But no matter how the scenario played out in her head, with new prototypes or faster responses, the outcome of the attack came out the same, or worse. If Bravo had responded faster, they would have lost eleven elite troops and not eight. If there had been shields, more shots would have been fired and more people would be wounded or dead.

Turning to look Sarah in the eye, Rose couldn't help but wonder about the new home world, and what kind of life awaited everyone. "For better or for worse, this is the way it is. And we'll lose more on the way, I can feel it. I just hope this is all worth it."

~~~

Spark nodded firmly to Koroleva in response to the feral's words. gently reaching out a hand, she offered a gentle touch with a warm smile. "That's right, Kor. Vengeance. And we take back what's ours. Want to go to the range later? We could really use you in the fight."

Spark would never admit it, but Koroleva's words helped, in some small way. She might have been a warrior, forcing herself to stand tall and proud no matter how hurt she was, but she respected Koroleva's simple honesty. If the heavily augmented nekovalkyja standing there was hurting, everyone could see it. she wore her heart on her sleeve, no matter how ugly it may be some times. For some reason, no matter how Spark wished to rejoin her batch sisters in their drone like efficiency, she envied Koroleva, in some ways. Somewhere deep down, she hoped to help the feral reintegrate, and maybe make a warrior out of a predator.

"... Vengeance," Koroleva repeated again. Nodding slowly, her human hand coming to rest on the one Spark laid on her, a gentle and surprisingly warm squeeze. Though, out of all of her words, the Neko didn't catch much at all from the actual meaning. Something about going somewhere, but she had no clue on where. But a fight, now that caught her interest. And a sickening grin spread across her face. Almost giddy with excitement. "Fight-... Kill! Kill!" She chimed happily. Making stabbing motions with her free hand. Electricity jolting around it. Being cooped up on the ship, paired with the lust for revenge started to take it's toll on the Nekovalkyrja and her increasing spell of cabin fever.

"Kill-... All." She stated finally. Locking eyes with Spark. Just a short, recurring moment of clarity in her eyes, before she fell back into the clouded madness.

"It is," she breathed faintly. "I could've-... Shielded people-... I could've cleared the debris-... I could've captured the enemy," she bit her quivering lip. "I could've-... buried them completely." At this point, Seraphina could hear, almost taste, the anger and spite in her voice. Both disgusted with herself and the enemy. "So many-... Could'ves. So many-... Should'ves." She sobbed faintly. "But no-... Single have done..."

She took a deep breath to steady herself. "What am I if I can't protect my home - my loved ones?" She croaked. On the verge of tears. But this time she swallowed thickly and willed herself into a more steady state. "I -... I want to sign up for the force, darling," she stated. Lip quivering still.

Bridge

Isabelle had stood nearby while Jack gave the address not wishing for either of them to be apart during such a hard time, when he'd finished and returned to his seat she felt a small twinge of guilt that she hadn't immediately run to his side. But he was still working and she knew he probably shouldn't be disturbed as soon as he finished giving such a speech, so instead she strolled over once he'd sat down.

"Hey hun, that really was a moving speech." She complimented him with quick peck before standing and turning to leave once more. "I'll leave you to your work and join the others in the hangar, I'm sure there will be a lot of people needing a shoulder to cry on." She said with a sad smile before giving a wave and heading down to join the others, spying Rose and Sarah.

BRIDGE

Jack gave a smile as his wife gave him a kiss. He sweared she was the only thing that kept him sane most days. Now he sat a little straighter, and felt a little more confident.

==================================

BOARD ROOM

The new meeting room aboard the Anvil was rather nice. Having been modified to be both classy, and relaxing. It was two compartments long, a large onyx table dominating as the center of the room. Much like the old room, the table here was ornately carved with designs, which were accented with bits of gold, attached to edges, the corners of the table, and to highlight the deeper carvings. The top was polished and smooth, with large black spaces in its surface where terminals had been built in at each seat.

The chairs were of stygian black iron, bent and forged into rather equally ornately shaped chairs. The padding was a gel stuffed leather, with a red finish. And to top it off, every square inch of both the floor and ceiling had been replaced with optical panels. They displayed false views of the stars outside the hull, which could be falsely augmented with nebulae and such. Purely for comfort, but as well for an awe factor.

Jack entered in and took a seat at his chair as he waited for the Scarecrows representatives to enter and take their seats. He enjoyed the very atmosphere and scenery the room offered yet again. Was only almost a day ago that he had his conversation with Ven in this room. But it was down to the real purpose of this room, diplomacy.

Ty and Crow003 entered the room, and sat in nearby chairs. "Greetings Jack, I'd like you to meet my son, Crow. And before you ask, no I'm not the one who named him." Crow inwardly sighs, since crow looks around the same age as his father.

"Greetings. As I understand it, you wish to discuss an alliance of sorts. I'm all ears here.", Jack answered waving to Crow, understanding he must be mortified. He sent a quick text prompt to have drinks brought.

Ty nodded, "Actually it was row who suggested it, since he knows a lot about the requirements for fixing up Frank. Also, he sees promise in your s6 units." While Ty was talking, crow would be fiddling with a program on his arm device. "Out of curiosity Mr. Pine, that program known as a Geist. How does it work? I'm only asking because I do find it quite interesting."

"Geist is a neural implant. It simply put, connects us to the technology around us. Drones, ships, smart weapons, machinery, vehicles, even household appliances.", Jack said ending in a chuckle.

Crow nodded, "Interesting, so it sounds a lot like the 001 model, right dad?" Ty winced at the comments, "Yes, just don't call him a 001 model, he, or his wife will probably hurt you."

"Not sure who you're referring to, but I assure you it is one of our greatest projects. Also very dangerous in the wrong hands. It's made my work more convenient, as well as my performance with vehicles. Possession is among such abilities. We've also learned how to convert AI to living people by having the implant being the bridge between the AI and it's new body."

Ty sighed "he's referring to the only sentient Frontline reactive assault nonhumann killer, or Frank. That I want to say married your granddaughter. Look jack there's a lot you should know about me and Frank, and my son here. It's best you know, so it doesn't come as a shock later"

Crow nodded "especially if he began to remember what he is, and that we already have his old body structure to give him a normal life"

"Nothing is ever simple with you guys is it? Alright, hit me with it, can't be any weirder then how I was created.", Jack said with a sigh, as this seemed to becoming a norm around here.

Ty looks to crow, "Frank was not always like he is. He's a product of me, and the scarecrows trying to change him for the better. Frank wasn't always as cybernetic as he is. Frank was the last bio soldier project taken on by global robotics, and he was a effective killing machine. However, prolonged combat, and Gene therapy had caused his skin to begin to rip away as his bio mass expanded. And he was lost in a rage like State." Crow sighed, "To simplify, Franks own body was killing him by roiding out. As well as causing him to get bloodlust, becoming overall, a massive force to be reckoned with."

Ty nodded, "Yes, well once we captured him, we turned him into what he is. However, if his armor 'skin' were to take too much damage. He would revert to this stage."

Jack pinched the bridge of his nose in annoyance, "So let me get this straight. You took A very volatile being, and put armor on him with augs to boot. Making him a unstable walking tank of a being. Might as well have thrown in a nuke launcher while ya were at it."

He really did not like where this was going, and this was not the situation he could afford to have distractions during. That being said, he didn't have the best track record with lady luck. Something always had to go wrong, and try to kick his teeth in.

"You have a way to turn him normal at least. That's something. Not to sound rude, but I have a fleet of people and families to worry about now. So why bring this to me?"

Crow nodded "Yes we were able to turn him normal, so he should only be an issue if his body is heavily damadged."

"And we brought it to you, because we thought Frank was in S6. Further more, I wanted to help out here by pulling security, and assisting in covert ops. I even have my own platoon of non doll security personnel to help as well"

"I'm not looking to do ops unless absolutely necessary right now. Again I have people to protect, not a war to wage. We have a destination to reach, and a goal we've lived, fought, and died for in sight. Cure Frank if you're going to, because you make it sound like he's somebody I should keep back for the safety of others.", Jack said rather pointedly, and blunt.

Crow nodded, "I can cure him, but the issue is the method isn't.. Well, it isn't easy. It's best to have his loved ones there as moral support, because the operation could be a bit dodgie, but yes I can do it."

"Good luck with that one. His wife and child were just taken the other day during the attack if you weren't aware. So moral support just took a fucking huge dip.", Jack said pointedly. He hadn't known Frank long enough to like him as a grandson. But that had partially been the big guy's fault with how much he wasn't around.

Ty looked at crow and jack, "No offense to you both, but nothing is exactly wrong with Frank. Sure underneath his armor he's a monster, but let's be serious. I don't think that would change him, heck when I first met the guy he hot dropped into hell to save me, and bravo team for no reason. He's probably one of the few people in this world I can say aren't assholes."

"So would I, but that doesn't mean I don't have a part of me ready to murder. Lazarus had to come from some where. He's a cheap imitation of the part of my mind few are ever unfortunate enough to see. He has his uses, particularly for torture in a few cases. And goddess save them if they take someone from me, that is when I have mercy left to give."

Jack descended into a dark tone as he went on, saying the things he knew lay sleeping in his mind. By the end, he had a dark glint to his eye, and almost devoid look.

Ty nodded, "I understand jack and for the most part you are right, but I don't know." Ty looks at crow, "You're sure you can do it?" Crow nodded, "I can, I just need access to a lab and possibly something to load his consciousness into. Just in case, but it should not be a issue dad. I could even help you with it."

Ty shook his head and smiled, "As much as I would love to. I'm going to have to disagree with you. I made peace with what I am, but I think we're getting ahead of ourselves." Ty looked at jack, "The scarecrows would offer means of creating anything you need for your journey, and defenses, as well as infrastructure to get you started quickly in your new home. If you want us to, and in return, all we ask if for assistance in developing a navy."

"So you want an alliance. Yeah sure. We probably won't need infrastructure though, but the other stuff is useful.", Jack said with a sigh, "I'll draft a document."

He leaned forward and propped his chin on his arm as if in thought for a few moments. As if snapping out of it, he tapped the terminal in that table at his seat. No more in appearance then a black rectangle in the tables already black polished surface. It gained a dim brightness as a document showed up on the display. He gave it a swipe which flung the digital paper to the ones in front of Ty, and Crow.

The document had the insignias of both groups displayed at its top, with everything discussed contained within the body of text. Below all this were three signature lines, Jack's signature already present.

"Just to have official documentation. Seeing as S6 will be a government soon, will have to start keeping up with those kinds of things."

Ty signed it with his name and crow signed it with his modle number. Afterwards ty chuckled, "I don't envy the future headache you are going to have. Trust me it's not easy running a government."

"Oh, try being nobility. The system we're going for will make my family nobility. I'm going to having to get used to being called Lord. But it has to be done to make sure that our goal as a group isn't discarded by someone else's desires.", Jack explained while waving dismissively.

Ty nodded, "well, hope to be working with you soon, Lord Pine."

Jack's jaw ticked ever faintly, something about knowing he was soon to bare that title.....It just rubbed him wrong. Like he knew he had to do it, but it put more worth on his name then he actually felt was deserved. The man didn't exactly have a high opinion of his own life.

"Yeah, and next.....is the hard part of this job. Guess I'll see you at the funeral, or not, doesn't matter. I don't expect you to be, as they weren't your people.", Jack said choosing not to comment on the use of the title as he got up.

"I will see you later gentlemen."

Last edited:
PARK

Sera felt for her. She hadn't been there at the time, as she had been helping re-arrange labs, but she couldn't imagine what it was like to witness that. The angel held Talih closer, the emotions of the day and recent events finally wearing on her.

"I understand that choice, but I don't want to see you get hurt. Come back to me alive, promise me that.", she almost pleaded. After a moment Sera reached under the side of her skirt, the sound of a pistol being pulled from a holster could be heard. The woman now held a Talon LSP in her hand which she offered to Talih. "Take my gun with you."

==================================

HANGAR

Sarah waved back to Isabelle before turning back to Rose. "Nothing good ever comes without sacrifice. We just have to trust were making the right choices, and that it will be worth it. A better home for our children then a dictator run desert is to me worth a leap of faith.", Sarah said as she pulled her into a hug.

Mark sat in one of the many chairs that had been setup in the hangar for the service. Most of the equipment had been shifted to the sides of the cavernous space. It was cool, and any sound echoed.

"Chlo, this may not all make sense to you. But I want you to understand this is important.", Mark said to his gynoid daughter.

Jack entered from a far door and made his way to the make shift stage. Behind him two men carried a large case, which they brought to the stage as they followed the white haired commander. The man took his place at the podium, and looked across the group as others gathered for the ceremony.

PARK

Harmony would stand eventually from gathering her flowers, arranging them in a rather nice small bouquet in her hands that she looked at for a moment. It still felt odd to be intruding in something she felt she had no place in but she would be there anyway. She turned to look at the other two in the park before she left them be, the tail and legs of her headdress dragging behind her as she made her way out of the park toward the hangar.

=======================================

HANGAR

Harmony would eventually find her way down to the Hangar after a bit of walking. She had taken the time to gather her thoughts on the event and already knew the entire thing would be a far cry from her own people's events. Of course, it would be different, they were in space and had their own customs as did the Lorath, but this seemed far more somber than her own people's events.

The Lorath celebrated the passing of a life for the life they lived, they didn't mourn. There were parties, feasts, dancing, and cheering. Sure people inevitably cried and mourned, but those moments were short-lived and few and far between. They were to busy being swept up in the event that lasted for hours. People would mourn on their own in private, nobody escaped such feelings, but for those few hours as the fires of the Goddess burned to reclaim the body of the fallen, they would celebrate with abandon.

But this wasn't Lor, wasn't Nyll, wasn't home. This was space, amongst people who were effectively strangers to her, far from her own people who were entire realities away from her. Yet again the Lorath girl felt alone amongst a crowd as she hugged herself with one arm and tried to shrink under the pelt of her bonded...

Spark was suddenly uncomfortable with the thought of handing Koroleva a weapon more powerful than a simple knife. But she didn't show it. Instead, she gave a sharp nod, then gently drew her hand back, the other pinning the blue tassel to her hip. "I've got to get to the ceremony. If you want to see, then come with. Otherwise, stay."

The trip didn't take long, and she moved to take her place guarding the altar, watching Rose return Sarah's hug with a kiss and a warm murmur of love. Spark quickly snapped to, head and eyes forward. This took the scene from her sight as somewhere deep down inside, something hurt, just enough to anger her. One of the only people she didn't mind caring for her was among these urns, and she knew those who did the deed had her people. Moreover, they had the wife and daughter of one of her coworkers. That rage threatened to boil over as her skin gave a slight squeak, knuckles white and nails digging into her palm. But her face had to remain neutral.

Calm and stoic, just as the Lorath in full funeral garb approaching was nervous. With a sudden movement, she stepped off, marching to escort Harmony to the altar. As far as the freshly minted sergeant was concerned, Harmony was an important splash of color and life in an otherwise grim service.

"Miss Harmony. I would be honored for you to say a few words when the time is right. Apologies if my accent is boorish." Rose's Lorath lessons seemed to stick, unlike her programmed respones.

Ty watched the funeral from the back of the room it's true they weren't his people nor did he know anyone of those who died but to him that didn't matter

They gave the ultimate sacrifice for their fellow soldiers something ty was all to framilar with and it felt right to be there to pay his respects "rest ahead of us and keep a path clear for I will join you someday, rest easy soldiers" ty said quitly unsure if anyone heard him.

A man would walk in a little after most of those who were attending. Harmony and a very few others, would recognise the face of Kessler Ryzka. The man took a seat towards the center, giving a small wave to Harmony.

"Hey boss, kept waiting didn't I? I came as soon as I got the news about Rorik. I'm sorry he died the way he did. After what he and I went through with our siblings, he should have gotten better.", Kessler said quietly to Mark as he ended up sitting next to the man and gynoid daughter.

"No, he would have been happy you could make it. Any news from void?", Mark gave back with a quiet voice, and a slight nod.

"Vice is too quiet. Still no sign of the target, or his friends. Also their seems to be some odd activity with our friends at Psychopomp. What I'm not sure."

Mark gave another nod, before patting Kessler on the shoulder after the man gave his report.

The bowels of the S6S

Koroleva shook her head and gave Spark a borderline manic grin. Though the same grin was somewhat sympathetic, almost melancholic. "I-... Scare," she said, before scraping her throat. "Enemies... Needed, blame- complain... Hate," she put a hand on her own chest. "Beast-... Provide." She answered simply. Now, more than ever, the people needed a villain. Someone to hate and be angry with. Someone to blame and vent on. And for now, she was the only one none understood. And they hated what they didn't understand. Shouldering that hate, it was easy. And if it helped, she didn't mind at all being seen for the monster she truly was.

Without another word. Koroleva disappeared back into the darkness. The soft chiming of metal resounding before there was nothing but silence.

Park

Talih regarded the Lorath woman as she moved off. Scooting closer to Seraphina. She wanted to go over, comfort and hug the woman. Though her ears drooped and her tail lowered as she felt another sob working it's way up her throat. She was in no position to console others. Instead, she just kept close to Seraphina. Defeated eyes looking on the weapon she offered. A shivering hand moved up to grasp at the weapon. Her eyes moved up as she grasped the handgrip. Another hand moving to grasp at Sera's hand that held the weapon. "I will," she croaked, before looking up to meet the angel's eyes. A smile cracking through her tear stained face. "And I promise I'll do everything I can to keep others alive." Scraping her throat, she saw the Lorath move off. Taking a deep breath herself. "We should attend the ceremony as well." She murmured softly. Slowly getting to her feet. The grass tickling her bare feet. But it was dead. There was no hum of rock or thriving underground. There was no solid bedrock to hold on to. Only synthetic dirt, metal hull and the emptiness of space.

Swallowing thickly. Talih offered her arm for Seraphina.

Hangar

Koroleva was first to the scene. Though she elected a far more incognito spot. Pushing open one of the hatches on the vents, she slowly pulled herself out. Slow and methodical. Before electing a ridge that was out of reach of the lights. A shady figure sitting ontop. Without a noise. People would think she didn't attend, which was the intent of her spot. She didn't want to come across as someone who cared. Rather as someone who held no importance for their dead. Someone who simply had better things to do. But the truth remained, those were her people, her soldiers and her possession.

***​

Neon strutted along with Kessler. The otherwise rainbow-coloured hair was now a gentle, strawberry blonde. Though as she walked, her hair slowly cascaded to a deep and sorrowful navy. Deep amber eyes turning to a dull grey. Glancing over at Kessler, a brief brush against his hand, she offered her umbrella for a moment. Then she left her Captain's side. And moved over to the Lorath. Who seemed at a loss of herself. Neon moved up next to Harmony and bumped her shoulder against the Lorath slowly. Before turning on her feet and pulling the woman in a wordless hug. "I'm sorry," she murmured under her breath. Releasing the woman and giving her a faint smile. She pressed her hands together and glanced over the huge Spark striding over. Lifting her palm again, several small sculptures of ice, not larger than a thumbnail, had formed in her palm. Miniature theatre masks, all with a smile etched into them. Enough for each urn and one extra. For Harmony herself. "Here," she whispered. "I'm in no position to, but you are," pushing them into the Lorath's hand and closing Harmony's wrist. "One's yours. They'll never melt." Offering a quick and final hug before Spark arrived, Neon departed again, taking her seat next to Kessler. Remaining silent.

Talih arrived at the scene, with Seraphina. Though the Elysian could feel Talih's grasp tightening as she laid eyes on the urns. "This-... Isn't right," she whispered to herself. A breath hitching in her throat, tears settling in her eyes. This was no proper funeral. Where were the bodies? Weren't they supposed to be buried? Return to the soil and serve to grant life to plants? Live on as one of nature? Once again, her mind sought out anything to hold on to. A rock, a stone, natural soil. But none was found. She was nowhere, in a prison of metal and machines.

Their bodies were burned to useless ash. It was... Wrong. It weren't her people, her burial rites, but it just added to the heaps of stress Talih currently endured.

HANGAR

To say Harmony was shocked when Kessler and Neon walked in would be an understatement. Her face threatened to break into a smile seeing them, but she fought the urge. She wasn't able to hide the blush that crept up onto her face though and offered an awkward wave back to Kessler as he moved off. The hug she got from Neon was welcomed though, a familiar face now appreciated amongst the gathering strangers. She returned the gesture and marveled at the small ice mask.

"Thank you Neon, it's so nice to see you two again."

She wanted to ask about Kessler but didn't want to seem too eager, not at this somber gathering. She wanted to know just how long they were going to be here, but as Neon moved to rejoin Kessler, she held her question for now and instead turned to the voice that had spoken to her in Lorath. She blinked as she listened, again shocked as the emotion registered a little more on her face this time about being asked to speak at the funeral.

"Ar-Are you sure? I'm new here... I barely knew them."

She explained to the rather imposing woman. It wasn't that she was being demanding, far from it. She was just much stronger looking then Harmony. But if it was requested of her... She was a Llamnel, and it was her duty after all.

"I would be honored to say something, if you want me to. It is the duty of the Llamnel to give rites to the departed. Just tell me when, and I will do my best..."

She offered Spark, looking at the flowers in her one hand and the ice mask in the other. After a moment she tucked the mask in the wrappings around her chest so the top of it was sticking out of one of the layers a little. She nodded to Spark and went over to place a flower on each of the spots next to the masks. They had been just a collection of random flowers, no real rhyme or reason to them, and as each flower had been placed, she returned to Spark's side and awaited when she would be called upon to speak.

Hangar
Chlorate say next to Mark, thinking, "I see..." she responded, turning to face him. "But why is this occurring?" The metal girl asked, looking quite confused. Being an inorganic robot coming from a place where someone dying just meant they had to use an ST backup, the concept of a funeral for possibly permanent deaths was very foreign to her.

Mark gave the gynoid a sympathetic look. There was still so many things he had ever yet to fully explain to her. "Well honey, we don't have ST backups anymore. If people die now, they're gone. We can't bring them back.", he said before pausing to let that sink in.

"There is no telling when we might ever get ST again."

Harmony looked left and right, seemingly to Spark for a moment as well before she strode forward. As nervous as she was, she wanted to get her part out of the way. She would find her steps difficult to keep measured and slow as she made her way up toward Jack. She could feel her face flush for a moment as she felt foolish for the way she looked, but she was determined to push through and say what she needed. The people around her needed a different perspective on today, and hopefully Harmony could give it to them. She cleared her throat as she stood at the podium when he would vacate it and made sure the train of her head piece was fully behind her. She looked over those assembled and gathered her courage before she began to speak.

"I'm not sure how many of you know me. I'm a bit new to the ship, to your people, and this is a little difficult for me." It was clear to see the girl was nervous as she stopped speaking, closing her eyes to take a deep purging breath.

"I am Nall'Tis Harmony Hulut Llamnel. I unfortunately did not know those that have departed, but... I know the pain of losing those you love." At her words, those assembled would see Harmony reach for the headdress and touch the paw at rested over her shoulder. "Among the Lorath, we have a different way of grieving for our departed. We do not in fact have a service like this, we celebrate with a party. All those within the community, co-workers and family members, settlement leaders, everyone that knew those departed would gather and celebrate their life."

Harmony took a moment to look over the crowd as she continued. "We typically build a pyre to help those that have departed pass on. And while the pyre burns to return their bodies to the earth, we celebrate. We drink, we eat, we have contests in their honor whether they be of strength, hunting, or more academic in nature, we celebrate them by remembering them."

She took a moment to collect her thoughts as she stared down at the flowers on the podium before her. "We mourn in private, no one is immune to the pain of loss. But among friends and family, we remember them. Remembrance is important for a Lorath. It is a great insult to tell someone they will be forgotten, because as a race we were forgotten for millennia. So to make sure that never happens again, we remember our departed for one more day in a celebration of everything they did. We shout their names to the skies to make sure the Voxphine remembers they, and that Ifmir does as well. We do it to make sure we remember them."

She would look back up to those assembled, a hand still on her headdress as she rubbed a thumb over the soft fur.

"I know no one is able to get away the pain of their loss, but at the same time, I ask that you all today take a little time to raise their favorite drink, eat their favorite meal, play their favorite game, just to show them that you will remember them, even when they are gone."

With her time at the podium done, Harmony would gather up the flowers and take her time as she placed one on each casket next to the ice masks. After she was done, she would kneel to the side, roughly in the middle of the outside edge of the caskets and clasp her hands together. She took another purging breath before she began to speak in Lorath.

"Goddess Voxphine, guide the souls of the departed to your golden groves. Let them relax in the knowledge that those left behind will carry their memory and never let them be forgotten. God Ifmir, please give those gone the peace of knowing that lessons will be learned and minds will be made better for knowing those that are gone. Comfort their souls that one day they will be reunited, but until then they will never be forgotten. I pray they find rest in the fields of Savacola and continue to look down on those still here."

After a moment of a silent prayer for her own departed Peace as well as a prayer of protection for her family, Harmony stood and silently returned to her place among the crowd, head held down and eyes locked on the floor.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back