• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Abandoned Character (Section 6) Jay Travers

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think @Legix as Nep FM can help clean up some Nep history that doesn't quite line up with canon, since there is a Sniper Training Program in DIoN, but recon is more a skill and less an occupation.

@Jack Pine can you also help him with the spelling errors throughout the article? If not, I can do some work on it tomorrow but it would be good practice for everyone involved if you took a crack at it.

A lot of the Nepleslian history doesn't really make sense; for one, there's a lot of mentions of a Cartel? Nepleslia doesn't really do cartels. It has gangs, with the only notable group of huge size and influence being the Black Syndicate. There's also some supposedly large tankers that have a massive accident?

Also, you can't "request a transfer" to S6 while serving Nepleslia. We don't have cross-factional transitions between the two militaries. If you want to join S6, then they need to finish their tour and simply go do that. There's honestly a lot of weird things too (Battle of Nepleslia) that make a lot of weird timeline inconsistencies. That one is actually a very good example; The Battle of Nepleslia took place before Nepleslia had reformed as the Nepleslian Star Empire.

I think the GM for this character should really sit down and take the time to iron a lot of this out; these inconsistencies don't really necessitate me as much as just some simple checking over the wiki. I like that you wanted to make someone who was a Nepleslian (even if they're going to S6) but there's simply a ton of issues that conflict with the setting elements of Nepleslia that would worry me as a GM (without even speaking on my concerns as FM).

TLDR: There's a lot of inconsistencies that can be fixed without my help that I would honestly recommend getting done before I go throwing out anything. It's clear this is your first character and mistakes happen, so hopefully they can get ironed out and won't require me to go really between the lines on issues.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back