• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Section 6] S6-PCA-1A "Predator" Combat Armor

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Link what can be linked as early as possible, such as YE 41, S6 R&D, Section 6 itself, Osmanium, Revenant, etc.

There should be a getting in and out section.

Please put text or prose before the image and after the header for appearance.

"and a aural dampening system" It would be an aural, but I don't know if that is even a thing, as far as aural dampening system. I looked it up and aural seems like it is just sort of tacked on to dampening system with no real meaning. Is there any explanation to what this is? In context, I can understand it dampens sonic attacks, but I don't know what aural means in the context, still.

Could the seismic/underground scanners in the boots detect enemy movements, somehow? State in the article their limitations.

I like the grappling hook! Can this be used against personnel? Again, maybe including the limitation might help. What I am thinking is that if this grappling hook can hit opponents, it is a weapon and needs an article.

I love this awesome armor! It makes me want to make a disposable drone called "prey" which I won't do but is pretty cool to think about!

Afaik the in and out section is only for power armor, which this is not a power armor. It's a powered armor partially but that's a whole other ball game. It's basic body armor with add functions, and not mechanized, or mechanical in any way other then stand alone attachment options for the suit.

A section on getting in and out doesn't really make any sense at all, because you don't get in and out of this. It's not a powered armor that you slip into after it opens up, it's basically just like normal combat armor you'd see today, or a jumpsuit. There's no interesting or complicated procedures and it wouldn't really add much of value to the page in my opinion.

I mean, would you find a section describing how to put on clothes interesting? I wouldn't.

The grappling hook could be utilized to strike opponents, but it would be like using a beer bottle to hit someone on top of their head. It isn't designed to be utilized as a weapon, but rather, as a utility item that grants the operator enhanced mobility. I just added in a number for the maximum length of the grappling hook, as well.

The seismic/underground scanners are unable to detect enemy movements. To drive that point home, I clarified in the article that the device "is designed exclusively to detect anti-personnel mines before they are triggered via footsteps."

I shifted the position of the appearance description, and it is now placed before the image and under the header.

I added a section titled, "Donning the Armor".

Additional links were also added.

This submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Approved

I was not aware of this edit, and was not announced or run for approval, given the article has already been approved. I believe this is another attempt by immortal to get back at us for her S6 server ban, and to further cause issues for us. I do not condone such an action.

Immortal removed the artwork they uploaded from the page, claiming it was stolen (despite uploading it themselves).

I've sent a PM asking what the story is with that.

Immortal believed the artist supplied her with stolen artwork essentially though its completely out of character for banzz to do something like that and there is no proof as of yet

I did a reverse image search and didn't find this artwork anywhere else. Also we know Banzz can make this quality of artwork because they do custom work like this for us and many other clients regularly.

Considering how Immortal has already tried to sabotage this submission once before (scroll up), and has been fighting with the S6 people, it's very suspicious.

Update: I've received definitive proof on this artwork showing parts of it were taken from another artwork. I'll delete the work from the wiki.

Thanks Immortal for looking out for Star Army!

As far as Banzz goes, apparently this was a mistake/accident and they didn't do this intentionally.

To everyone: Please contact me directly about any copyright-related concerns in the future so I can resolve them.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back