• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission Section Six Armed Forces(SSAF) + military ranking system

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
For ranks only:
The ranks need to be paid in an approved currency, which means you will either need to make the DS article or use something already in the setting.

Also there are no links on this wiki page besides OOC.

I added ⚠ where there needs to be text/prose.

Very thorough article! Thank you for spending the time making this article for your faction and subsequently submitting it.

I actually do have a currency article started, and will have that submitted when ready, but I'm the only person working on any of this. This is only 2/25 WIP government pages I have in progress right now. I am doing my best to get this stuff done though. I actually have been trying to find help with how to setup a currency article. I have all the details pretty well figured out, but I kinda need help with page layout and setting value. The currency is bills made from Graphene, and the coins are the actual resources the currency is backed by. I'm hoping to get it 1:1 with DA if possible by basing value solely on precious resources and metals.

As for the edits to this, I'll get right on those prose and text. Thank you for your time so far, and for your patience with me.

So I noticed that the main page has only unapproved links in the second paragraph (excluding the ranks link, which I am reviewing now). Are these also up for approval?

Maybe this page should include who heads the SSAC?

It's a bit of a stub but it does get the job done, once those links are usable. I think I can look past it being a little small, but I don't want to see stubs becoming standard from you, Jack! :)

In response to your post: I am saying you need an approved article for what currency the ranks get paid. I suggest asking Frost for help making this, as he has made a lot of currency content, but I can help, too.

You're welcome, Jack. It's really fun working to make sure something is solid enough for RP use. It is really reassuring when I see players willing to put in the effort to get them there, though! I will help any way I can to make it easier, just let me know how I can here or DMs. Like I said, if Frost cannot help with the currency article I can set up a template and after the ratio is figured, conversions, as well, for you.

I do have pages started for everything, albeit some are blank. Would it help to link those anyways, so that they are as I work on them? Most of the links on the SSAF page are just pages of list for available equipment troops can choose from for their kit. Basically a one stop shop for new players joining this branch. That knife is something Skully worked up for me and also a bit of a fluff thing just because it felt like something to have. Yeah I can add who is in charge which would be Jackie boy himself. Mark has navy.

Also if there is any other info you think I should add, I can boot up the laptop and crank that out.

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template.
[ ❌ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ❌ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate.
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ N/A ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ N/A ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here are some fixes this article still needs:
  1. In the Military Ranks (Fleet and Armed Forces) article:
When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

Edit: I can certainly help with the currency article if you want, Jack. ^v^

Last edited:
No offense frostjaeger but ame was already reviewing. Also the SAoY ranks are listed in tables on their page. There is also no template for a rank page. The tables are needed. I will gladly however accept your help on the currency.

Still waiting for word from @Ametheliana

@Ametheliana did not post a review for this article, @Jack Pine - and that's why I didn't request that the rank tables themselves be changed.

Edit: Thanks for accepting my help! ovob (Apologies if that comes off as passive-aggressive or anything - that wasn't my intent. >v<)

I really don't understand how this doesn't fit a style guide, and I have laid out as I think it should be. Again ame said she was taking this, and I please ask you to respect that.

How do the tables needing to be converted to unordered lists fit the style guide?

But they're needed, how else am I to organise all that information? A list would make it harder to read and jumble all the info like paygrade and clearance.

The + can be switched with an and.

I would still prefer Ame take since she personally asked me to submit it and said she would review it.

Jack, not all of the tables have to be removed - just some of them.

And yeah, you're right - the "+" should be switched with an "and." My apologies for missing that (>v<); I've gone and corrected the review.

There is no set format for ranks. Which means there is no regulation to go by. Therefore, I don’t see any issues here. Sure, the WIP need to be completed. However, I see no further issues besides just waiting for them to be completed.

After talking this over with @Jack Pine over Discord, I'm going to go ahead and re-post the checklist, as my original one was a bit...overkill in some areas. Sorry about that. >v<

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template.
[ ❌ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ❌ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate.
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ N/A ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ N/A ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here are some fixes this article still needs:
  1. In the Military Ranks (Fleet and Armed Forces) article:
    • Please convert the following tables into unordered lists.
    • Please move the following tables into a new subsection, convert them into unordered bulleted lists, and add a brief sentence to the new subsection.
    • Please change the title of the article to "Section 6 Military Ranks (Fleet and Armed Forces)
    • Please remove the links to the WIP articles that are blank, as they can always be added in once their respective articles are ready to be submitted.
    • Please add a brief sentence or two to the section with the "FIXME" in it.
When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

Edit: Fixed a typo. >v<

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back