• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: 188604 [Sector Searchers] Mission 2 part 1, on the road again.

A

Alex Hart

On, Koukotsu, the ISS Araxie

Alex, for the last few days, had been taking an inventory of the equipment for his mecha. Soon after beginning the list of items, he noticed that the ship was starting to run low on ammunition for his mecha, both bullets and missiles.

He called a meeting down in the cargo bay, where the cases of ammunition used to be.

Araxie was sipping at some hot cocoa as she made her way into the bay from her and Alex's quarters, dressed in a loose white shirt and some baggy jeans. "Hmm?" Her voice floated through the bay. "You called, Alex?"

"Yeah, we're running low on ammunition and missiles for the Unicorn. We'll need to make a trip back to 188604 to pick up more."

"Ah, fair enough." The birb leaned against a small pillar supporting the catwalk above, her slightly messy wings lazily draped behind her.

Evee reported to the cargo hold after believing to hear Alex's call. She appeared from the hallway informally clothed, carrying a binder in her right arm. "Alex, did you call?", Evee questioned. She saw both of her crew members in the room and she asumed that there was indeed a meeting.

"Yeah, I was just letting Araxie know that we need to head back to 188604, a planet out west, to get some more ammunition, missiles and replacement Kal'suun plating for the Unicorn."

"It should probably take.... Oh, a few days I'd say." The cobalt-winged female tapped her chin thoughtfully. "The route'll take us around some of the more... Let's say dangerous areas of space, though. But we'll also be able to stop by a couple places if either of you feel like it?"

Alex nodded in thought. "I can't think of anything we need, but then again I'm not exactly an expert unless it comes to mecha. Can you think of any reason we'd need to stop?"

She coughed a little. "Well, stopping to relax for a day wouldn't kill us, in my opinion. But it would also let us spend some time just, resting I guess-rather than someone always having to keep an eye out for things. Maybe have a proper dinner, too..." Another, elongated sip.

"That's a pretty good idea." Alex responded, "Where do you think we should go?"

"Haven't figured that out yet-maybe that station we passed before we entered Yam space? I guess we have some time to figure it out... What do you think, Miss Evee?"

"I'm not sure", Evee admitted. "Something good", she said -- not a specific answer that could lead anywhere. She tried hard to come up with an answer but failed. Evee was certainly excited to eat with her crew but she had no ideas. "Just nothing to do with the Neps", Evee wriggled at the disgusting phrase.

Araxie shuddered slightly when Evee commented on her Nepleslian-influenced food choices. "Y-yeah, probably not... I can't say I'm a big fan of the big happy YSE either, though we do need to follow their territorry if we don't want to party with Mishhu... So, uh, yeah." Another shudder. "That station I mentioned doesn't seem... Too bad, though. It's independent, sooooo..."

"Hm", Evee responded. The independent station seemed like the only decent option to Evee. Hopefully they would get the good dining experience they were wishing for. "Maybe the station would be our best bet...",Evee wondered.

"That sounds like a good idea Araxie. Where is this station?" Alex asked. "I mean, you're the pilot of the ship but I'd like to know anyways."

Araxie pulled up a map of the Kikyo sector on her datapad, which had been somewhat carelessly left in the cargo bay. "We're currently, well, here-Koukotsu." A small red dot appeared, obscuring the star Araxie indicated. She began to draw a line with her finger, motions being followed in red through Yamatai space, heading a bit to the south in order to avoid Mishhu teritorry as well as now, Nepleslia. "We're going down here mostly to avoid the Mishhu-I'm assuming nobody wants to get eaten or something. Anyways, so-SX-05 is where I was thinking." she circled a small star just barely outside of recognized, official Yamatai space. "From there, it's a straight shot back to '604."

"Alright; let's set a course!" Alex said with his usual enthusiasm.

Evee nodded in acknowledgement of her crew's decision. Hopefully they'll steer clear from wild situations this time... she tought. "If we're gonna go though-- please try to avoid the crazy space-pirates!", Evee joked.

Araxie chuckled. "That's one good thing about Yams. We shouldn't see too many pirates for now. At least for a while, but it should be easy to head home once we're out!" She smiled pleasantly, before sipping from her cocoa again.

"I'll load up the Unicorn now." Alex announced,

About an hour after the group met, the ISS Araxie launched itself through the atmosphere of Koutosu and they were on their way to SX-05.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back