• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: 188604 [Sector Searchers] Post-M1: Ouch!

A

Arbitrated

On Koukotsu; in a hospital
Alex had been treated almost immediately after the ISS Araxie landed on the Yamataian controlled resort planet, Koukotsu. The doctors had needed to set his ribs in place, reinflate his left lung and put several stitches in his scalp, but he was beginning to heal. Now, Alex lay in a hospital room, somewhat out of it because of all the drugs pumped into his system during the various surgeries he had undergone.

Outside his room, A kind faced minkan doctor spoke to Araxie, who had been pacing nervously for some time. She was glad that the medical kit could hold him over, but it was still only temporary.

"You should be able to visit him now, but he had to undergo several surgeries and so he should by all rights be knocked out by the sedatives and anesthetics, but he... He's just sort of woozy as far as we can tell."

The doctor frowned, "What on earth was he doing to sustain those injuries?"

The slender elysian sighed in relief at the good news. Her silver eyes glinted in the light as she responded, "He likes to, let's say... Be a hero a lot. I can't deny that it's quite effective, as we managed to chase off a gang of n'ere-do-wells a few hours before we arrived, but he also tends to find himself in situations that are dangerous." She smiled sadly again, "Thank you so much for helping us, though..."

The doctor smiled kindly at Araxie. "It's my job to help people, Ma'am. In any case, you can go visit him now."

"Thanks." She nodded to the doctor, before tracking her way inside the small ward, gently rapping her delicate fingers upon the doorframe as she passed by. The slightly dimmed lighting inside the room forced her to squint slightly as her eyes adjusted.

As the door opened Alex sat himself up and turned towards it. As he rose a twinge of pain ran through his side and he winced. When Araxie entered the room fully he smiled slightly.

"Hi."

She chuckled. "You just can't keep still, can you?" Her covered feet gently tapped upon the tile flooring as she made her way closer to the young man. "Even if it hurts a little." A little peck on the cheek rewarded Tasuki for standing up. "Well, we did chase the pirates off, thanks to you being so, let's say straightforward, so that's good. You really, really need to try to be more careful next time." Her hand gently ran through his hair, being very careful on account of the less-than-ideal state of his head.

Alex smiled a little before responding. "I'm not exactly the kind of person who thinks much before acting... Being careful is a hard for me." He reached up and held Araxie's hand. "I guess it's good that you're around, you're careful enough for the both of us, haha-" As Alex began to chuckle, a cough interrupted him and he doubled over.

Arx gently embraced Alex when he bent over, a small stream of air hissing from her mouth, "Shhhhh... Okay, maybe that's a bit too fast for now." A warm, gentle laugh permeated the room. "But... Yeah, I'm glad we have each other..." Her arms loosely enveloping his chest, raxie made sure that Alex was alright before letting go again, silver eyes shining brightly. "I did, however, learn to use a medical kit, so, we got something out of this I guess!" She chuckled a bit awkwardly.

Alex chuckled again. "I guess we did." As she hugged him, so did he hug her back, relishing the contact of another after the poking and prodding of surgical instruments. "Thank you for being here for me."

"I'm glad I came. Thanks for dragging me along." A tender kiss, directly on the lips this time. "Though we probably need to wait a few days before we can head back out into space, you need to rest up and heal, and the ship needs some repairs."

Alex sat down on the bed and nodded. "You're probably right... I'm going to get some sleep now." He mumbled before laying down on the hospital cot and resting his head on the pillow.

"Yeah, just rest... I'll make sure everything is still in order when you wake up again." Her smiling, radiant face hung above him for a time, her hand still within his comfortingly.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back