• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: 188604 [Sector Searchers] Reconstruction blues, part 1

A

Alex Hart

ISS Araxie, 1 week after the IRC, in transit to B7R-604 system

Alex sat in the wardroom of the ISS Araxie, having received word of a job for him and his crew. He had called everyone down to the wardroom with him, and when they had arrived, he began to explain the situation.

"Okay guys, so we've been hired by Osman Heavy Industries to help build up infrastructure in the B7R-604 system. Apparantly, the guy in charge of Osman Heavy Industries knows that we've got some skills that will be useful in that regard.

Alex looked to his crew. First he addressed Dryad, the ex-SAoY Neko Medic; "Dryad, I'd like you to work with the locals of the system to evaluate the state of the local medical services and figure out what needs repairing and what additional facilities are needed. Then we'll see if Osman Heavy Industries can help get that built."

He turned to look at Araxie, the ships resident civil engineer. "Araxie, I'd like for you to check with the locals as well, but to see about setting up or repairing centralized electricity and water systems. I had trouble getting my point of contact to admit it but they, by which I mean the inhabitants of B7R, need some help getting the areas damaged by the Rixxicor attacks back into working order."

He turned to Chi. "Chi, I'm not so good with interacting with really large groups of people, so I'd like for you to handle organizing locals into work crews to supplement the OHI workers."

He looked over at Mikali . "And I guess you and I will... find something to do to make ourselves helpful."

"On it." Dryad was still a bit bloated, recovering from her bout turning herself into a hemosynth factory for a few days. Though on the plus side, the Araxie still had several drums of the stuff in the hold, so medical emergencies were less of a concern until she could whip some locals into line and get proper facilities on line. "I can't do ST, but I should be able to get hemosynth production going on a self sustaining level, and get something more sanitary than a field hospital, but I swear to the Goddess, if I have to churn out equipment from my blood and body again, you're on the menu for base materials."

Her calm smirk was only broken by the bottle raised to her lips, the coffee she always had in her hand being lowered by another sip.

ISS Araxie

"Yyyyeah I can do that. They've probably got a firm or two looking into fixing what they've got and all that..." The elysian's voice tiredly wafted through the room as she responded to her boyfriend's request. The girl looked like she needed coffe more than anything, but still looked ready to go, kinda. Well, chances are what's been destroyed won't be easy to replace... we might need to improvise some things. I hope they have excavation equipment running there, or this might take a while.

ISS Araxie

Chi had opted for a different form than usual today, a redhead whose hair was cut into a square fringe, of just under average height. She sported cargo pants, a vest top and hiking boots, seeming generally distracted as she played with a intricate puzzle cube.

"Get the peeps into herds and in the right places. You got it Alex." The Freespacer's voice floated across the room, a sound vaguely like a French accent. "Are we expecting them to have their own equipment or shall I organise that too?"

ISS Araxie

"I believe that OHI will be providing the equipment for heavy work, so that shouldn't be a problem. I think that what would be the most useful would be to organize training classes for locals who don't have experience with construction equipment." Alex said.

As he finished speaking, the Araxie came out of FTL in the B7R-604 system, and began its approach towards the planet for which the system was named. A traffic controller guided them into a planetary port, and the ship landed near a huge flattened plot of land.

Across the plot from where the ship had landed, 5 construction mecha were busy excavating the base for a road, while several more were laying down large bundled wires which stretched off towards the city.

As the crew of the Araxie emerged, a beleaguered looking man approached them. "Oh thank goodness. You must be the people who were sent to help organize the construction efforts."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back