• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Seeing Red: Exploring possible Reds assistance in the NDC's cloning program

Whisper

Retired Staff
Hello everyone!

@Charmaylarg Dufrain mentioned a while back that the Reds might be an interesting element to add into the NDC's growing cloning efforts, given that they have extensive knowledge in the field and occasionally operate in a mercenary fashion.

I don't think that the NDC needs to seek their help in order to accomplish our goals, but it feels like a missed opportunity to not take advantage of some existing lore. Some IC friction here and there is not usually a bad thing and could be good RP fodder one day.

My thought on how this could work is that the NDC has hired a handful of Reds to assist in their efforts, who will work alongside some of the NDC's existing cloning experts. I don't plan to have anything bad happen to the cloning program as a result of their efforts, and am even fine with some amount of Reds becoming NDC citizens if it makes things interesting. I do understand that various groups might have bad blood with the Reds and that they tend to have their own agenda.

I reached out to @Wes , who I understand is acting as the pseudo-FM for that group, and he suggested I put up a thread here. Just to reiterate - my intention isn't to use them to do anything that I think we don't already have the capability for. I'm just "building the team" for the NDC's cloning project and it seemed like a good thread to follow.

Thoughts, suggestions, concerns?

Thanks!
- Whisper

I don't see why not. The reds, as non-mainstream Nepleslians with a disdain for big governments and a passion for violence, would probably like the NDC as long as their leadership doesn't get too restrictive.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back