• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Senate: Misc Senate Application Thread

I'm hoping to have my first character take up the Virginia senator spot. His wife is about to have their twins so they're looking to settle into a noncombat role to help Yamatai from. He's had interactions with political characters and the Elysian Senate in the past, proven his loyalty and capability to the Star Army. Regardless, I think it's a better fit than a fresh NPC and could bring more RP to Virginia. @Wes

I don't know if it's much needed, but I'd like to write a trans and comm from Eden and Hoshi letter of recommendation style. If nobody says no to that, I'll look into how to do that for Iemochi. It would be a wonderful role for an established character, two even, as they establish more characters and RP!

It is center of SAoY Logistics and that is not a Senate thing at all. Wes runs that right now and will continue to, so you don't have any responsibility there save for RP or DMing Wes as needed.

Not approving, that is for Wes!

Player Name: Ametheliana
Star System requested: Xiuluria (not a system, a province on Yamatai)
Star System's population: -
Is this a current Star System in the YSE? Yes, suzerainty
Do you roleplay in Yamatai? YSS Kaiyō - I GM this plot
Why did you choose this system? I like roleplaying here and have done so in the past. I'd like to see it both represented and become a bit more important than it is now.
What plans do you have to help this star system and the YSE? Bolster niche exports, aid Yamatai by finding new areas of research, rekindle cultural identity
Do you have a character to use as a senator? Sachiko

I am considering abandoning the Tami senatorship in favor of Tatiana, as it makes more sense due to my clan being Tatiana-based and holding the planet's governorship. Additionally, I originally held the senate posting on Tami due to commanding the Ninth Fleet, which is headquartered there. My Tami senator is part of the Ninth Fleet despite my admiral moving to the Third, so it doesn't make much sense for me to hold any interest in Tami anymore. Moreover, I'm not sure if Tami actually qualifies for a senator at all, as its page says "A heavily forested planet, Tami was used for little other than Star Army operations and training," and lists no significant permanent, 2 million+ population that would meet the Senate's requirements.

Let me know what you think, @Wes. I can either have my current senator move from Tami to Tatiana or make a new character.

I would like to apply Rawkem as the senator for Gashmere and will take on the responsibility of updating the world page so that it meets the current community standards :)

Player Name: RaWolfe
Star System requested: Gashmere
Star System's population: 2.507 billion
Is this a current Star System in the YSE? Y
Do you roleplay in Yamatai? Yes, I run the Wakaba
Why did you choose this system? To focus on the development of the Kodian civil war (bringing it to an end) and giving the bears some cuddles (updating their pages).
What plans do you have to help this star system and the YSE? I plan to have the civil war come to an end and refocus on supporting the Yamatai economic system after the Kuvexian War did a good number on it.
Do you have a character to use as a senator? Rawkem

As that I plan to run for Imperial Premier with Katsuko (Win or Lose I'm Happy), I don't feel right holding a senate seat as well.
  • Fujita Minato the current senator for Nataria will either step down or can also be adopted by another player. (I'm open to either option)
@Wes let me know what I need to do in terms of the official application and setup for Katsuko, we can talk about this at your leisure.

If anyone wishes to adopt Minato, please let me know.

I would like to apply Rawkem as the senator for Gashmere and will take on the responsibility of updating the world page so that it meets the current community standards :)

Player Name: RaWolfe
Star System requested: Gashmere
Star System's population: 2.507 billion
Do you roleplay in Yamatai? Yes, I run the Wakaba
Why did you choose this system? To focus on the development of the Kodian civil war (bringing it to an end) and giving the bears some cuddles (updating their pages).
What plans do you have to help this star system and the YSE? I plan to have the civil war come to an end and refocus on supporting the Yamatai economic system after the Kuvexian War did a good number on it.
Do you have a character to use as a senator? Rawkem
Accepted.

Just a reminder that this thread exists. Since there's an IC election this month, now is a good time to submit a senator application.

Player Name: Sageshooter
Star System requested: Shugosha System
Star System's population: N/A
Is this a current Star System in the YSE? Yes
Do you roleplay in Yamatai? Yes, Jo Midori, Akamaru Datenshi, Fujiwara Saya, Pitz Ria, Hisae Hoshiko
Why did you choose this system? Not really? I saw it was open and I thought the name was cool, plus it does have some history with older factions.
What plans do you have to help this star system and the YSE? I plan to involve the system in RP again through resource trade and as a destination for roleplay on one of the planets which is a Hotspring planet.
Do you have a character to use as a senator? Pitz Ria

Player Name: @Yuuki
Star System requested: Koukotsu
Star System's population: 256,000,000 on Koukotsu II alone (per article currently rising at a rate of 3% per YE), more on other systems but not listed. "Large presences" on other planets, and the system is described as "one of the most heavily populated systems in the Yugumo Cluster" per article
Do you roleplay in Yamatai? yes. Hinomaru Sunrises, etc. Primarily Tachiko
Why did you choose this system? ICly there are several reasons. Hitomi was a 5th XF soldier, and later one of the SAINT operatives assigned to watch the UOC due to that experience, so the current MCS is quite special to her personally. The Koukotsu system in particular is essentially a giant resort and Hitomi is kind of a party girl underneath her all business façade.
What plans do you have to help this star system and the YSE? Help further grow Koukotsu's economy and population (per wiki: with continued development and cultivation, it is expected to continue to blossom). Bring her experience in intelligence and law enforcement towards helping keep order on the wild colonial frontier. Bring her education and expertise in the social sciences (psych., socio. anthro.) into Senate policymaking decisions. Serve on committees appropriate to her background as an educator, law enforcement officer, and intelligence agent. Serve as a subject matter expert on MCS issues. Serve as part of the MCS caucus/bloc to represent her region as a whole along with her fellow MCS senators.
Do you have a character to use as a senator? Takagawa Hitomi

Approved, please update the appropriate senate and election wiki pages. :)

Player Name: @Soresu
Star System requested: Jiyuu
Star System's population: 1.5 Billion on Jiyuu III alone, a total (I think) system-wide without SAoY personnel 1,500,238,300 altogether? Making it I believe the most densely populated system in the Yugumo Cluster. I may have gotten my count wrong. If so, please correct me and hit me with a wiffle ball bat.
Do you roleplay in Yamatai? Yes, on the Resurgence with Ketsurui Koyama, and the Hinomaru Sunrises (YSS Mazu) with Motoyoshi Kazumi
Why did you choose this system? OOCly because I've always been fond of Jiyuu, there has been a lot of time, effort, and thoughtfulness put into its articles. ICly, the senator of choice, Koyama has begun desiring to build a political career and with Jiyuu without a senator currently and her being a former 1st Expeditionary Fleet officer, has ties to the cluster itself. Having served there and amongst its fleet for a number of years. In other words, she wishes to do right by those she perceives as deserving of further assistance of its growth and potential for the benefit of the YSE.
What plans do you have to help this star system and the YSE? Thus far? To help grow Jiyuu into a more populous, economically stimulated system. As the defacto 'Capital' of the MCS, its growth is tantamount to further development and stability of the cluster. OOCly, it is also because of a desire to assist and work with the likes of @Andrew again, as well as @Yuuki who have been both lovely and accomodating people to me and are far, far deserving of assistance in this regard and my own desire to explore this area of SARP as it is unexplored territory for me!
Do you have a character to use as a senator? Ketsurui Koyama

However: This is a decision of both @Andrew and @Yuuki 's discretion on my taking up this position ICly and OOCly, and know if they do agree I can rely on assistance and aid as needed. And help them in turn. :) Also, I suck at applications. Don't hurt me bro.

Player Name: (your name) - Andrew
Star System requested: Tsenlan/Akina
Star System's population: 200 Million Yamataians and 330 Million Norians (after refugee stuff ends)
Do you roleplay in Yamatai? Hinomaru Sunrises, Arrival of the Norians
Why did you choose this system? Akina was offered up as a permanent home to the Norians. They are happy to live in Yamatai
What plans do you have to help this star system and the YSE? I plan to develop cities, plot areas, and run a Norian plot there
Do you have a character to use as a senator? Airwin Caeyara on Star Army Space Roleplay

Player Name: Demibear
Star System requested: Fujiko System on Star Army Space Roleplay
Star System's population: 9.5 million (absolutely rookie numbers, need to pump out those Lily Clones)
Do you roleplay in Yamatai? (put plot name and/or characters)
Why did you choose this system? FM of the Nepleslian Reds and the whole region needs some love. But I can only do one senator.
What plans do you have to help this star system and the YSE? Allow the Reds to be more productive in formal business/trade since they are rich in resources. Not entirely sure how willing they will be to be a suzerainty (unlikely since they like the ability of self-defense), so balancing their desires and what Yamatai will allow will be interesting. Further develop the region (Ukmirt technically can have its own senator now, Rufusland is still too small) and develop the Reds there.
Do you have a character to use as a senator? Yokota Tamafune on Star Army Space Roleplay

Last edited:
Player Name:HarperMadi
Star System requested: Shurista (Not a system, just a single megastructure)
Star System's population: 2.75 billion
Do you roleplay in Yamatai?
Aliset Koun, YSS Koun
Khelas Nascen, governor of Shurista
Why did you choose this system? Senti are supposed to be GM tools, but they need some love.
What plans do you have to help this star system and the YSE? Shuristans are miners and scrappers, archaeologists by culture, and would be well employed transporting cargo and recycling old hulls. Add in their Grand Library and starmap databases, and the potential for knowledge improves, with over half a million years of archaeological and scientific data they haven't gone through.
Do you have a character to use as a senator?

A very much nonwikified bored tricentennial historian named Shretas Natus

RPG-D RPGfix
Back