• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Separa'Shan update and improvements

I clarified something on the Creating a Separa'Shan page.

=== Height ===

An Adult [[species:Separa_Shan]] are about 5” or 6” tall “standing.” Separa'shan typically don't include their 'standing' height in their tail length. Do note that a Venis has a tail length as long as they are tall, while a Pythus has a tail about two times as long as they are tall.

=== Weight ===

Due to their planet having roughly twice the standard gravity, 2.2g, Separa'shan have dense muscles. Given their 'standing' height and build, a Pythus will typically weigh about 2.5 times and a Veinus will typically weigh about 1.75 times that of a human of comparable height and build.

Looks good, though the wording in this sentence, "Separa'shan typically don't include their 'standing' height in their tail length." could be flipped to make more sense.

Can the Essia system's page be updated to account for the migration?

hmm, what about "Separa'Shan measure their 'standing' height and their tail length separately and add both together to obtain a overall length."

Here is my proposed change for the migration.

At the end of YE 39, just before the occupation, the Essia system had ~300 million people living in it, 99% of whom were Separa'Shan. The Occupation by Kuvexia began a diaspora of Separa'Shan across the Galaxy. There was no census in YE 40 due to the occupation. At the end of YE 41, the Essia system had roughly 260 million people living in it. It is estimated that roughly three million Separa'Shan were killed during the occupation, with an additional five million taken into slavery in Kuvexia. The occupation also caused many Separa'Shan to flee their homeworld as refugees, with roughly eleven million refugees escaping during the occupation. While the vast majority of the Separa'Shan would settle in Yamatai, enclaves of Separa'Shan formed almost anywhere that would allow them to settle. After the defeat of the Kuvexian forces that had occupied their world, the diaspora increased, with almost twenty four million leaving before the end of YE 41. Many of these immigrants would carry 'Seeds of Naga'Shun' to their new homes. However, the losses were offset by the addition of many [[faction:freespacers:freespacers]] who settled the system during the occupation to construct a space elevator and to connect Essia to the Freespacer [[faction:freespacers:ley_lines]] network.

Wording is better, thanks!

The diaspora is for @Wes to approve.

I will say, taking "Seeds of Naga'Shun" seems wrong to me. Isn't this a religious entity you made up, which seems against the unwanted article's "Godlike beings" bullet point.

I'm okay as long as the diaspora was primarily to Yamataian planets.

As for Naga'shun, this entity thing was approved with the original species submission - is the seed thing something new?

And the planet articles for Yamatai!

@Legix: And send me some more Delsuarian immigrants

Remembers when he was going to do some shasta RP with essia to take in snake refugees. Train them, Arm them, Give them jobs, and then smuggle them back to essia in spacer ships friendly to shasta-corp.

You mean i could have kept the snakes if essia wasnt rescued so soon and we where able to go through with that?!

And the planet articles for Yamatai!

@Legix: And send me some more Delsuarian immigrants
B r u h, they already come to bring you generous prices. But, more importantly, does Yamatai have worlds that can support them? I've not heard of you guys having arid, dry worlds that they'd settle on.

Yicuqibu immediately came to mind but I'm sure I can find other, less trashy worlds.

Edit: Also planet Yamatai has a desert.

Yicuqibu immediately came to mind but I'm sure I can find other, less trashy worlds.

Edit: Also planet Yamatai has a desert.
Without loitering here too long, having a desert wouldn't be enough. The reason Delsaurians aren't spread ALL ACROSS NEPLESLIA is that their entire planet needed to be appropriate. It's why we pushed to have the plot on Delsauria be one of the places where they'd be out of suits.

If you produce a planet, I'm not against a small colony of Delsaurian merchants coming to peddle Nepleslian wares in Yamatai borders (settle there for a while, given Delsaurians are always trading).

One thing at a time.

Diaspora: Yes, the Diaspora is primarily to other places within Yamatai. I'd say that there are probably few planets in Yamatai that don't have at least some. The largest Non-Yamatai locations are currently Kuvexia which got ~5 million as slaves, and NDC which got about three million. I don't know how many exactly went to Nepleslia, as that's for Legix to decide.

Seeds of Nagashun: Everything to follow is pretty much my thoughts, just giving a disclaimer. Nagashun is powerful enough to be mistaken for a god, but that's a far cry in my view from actually being a God. There are things Nagashun can't do. Nagashun isn't powerful enough to just 'wish' and have the Kuvexian fleet gone. In an alternate universe, Nagashun wasn't able to keep the Separa'shan from all being killed by an Evil version of Yamatai (that one went slightly insane after that). In the space of various gods, Nagashun is a intelligance based trickster god who likes ambiguity. "Maybe magic, Maybe mundane" is one of her favorite tactics. Her power is based in Essia and exerting power beyond it, while not impossible, is much more difficult. Nagashun is also far from all knowing and can make mistakes.

Nagashun is then presented with a problem, the Kuvexian occupation made it clear that 'turtling' and relying on Yamatai wasn't going to work. If the Separa'Shan are only in Essia, then they are vulnerable. So they need to be further out there, but farther out there is in essence beyond her control. The Seeds are the answer to that. I imagine that they are like the Bajoran Orbs from Star Trek. Basicly allowing her to keep in touch with the Separa'Shan and others who believe in her even though they are far outside of her sphere of influence. That or completely mundane religous symbols, whatever. I'd prefer to keep it ambiguous for flexibility.

@Charmaylarg Dufrain "You mean i could have kept the snakes if essia wasn't rescued so soon and we where able to go through with that?! "

You still could...

I jest~

Would have been nice to have gotten the RP is more what i would have wanted. But i have time and pleanty of future conflicts to poke my mad mutant and her incompitent corp into~

Omnihue was made with the assumption that our snakies could see in the infrared spectrum and might appreciate a technology that catered to that, but I haven't seen indications that they have heat vision.

Separa'Shan do have the ability to see in infrared, it's mostly used to find a good place to sun themselves. However, it can also be used for hunting. Should they have 'color cones' for it? Helping them to see finer differences? The two cones would have a crossover point where Separa'Shan are the most comfortable. Also, that might mean that warm-(regular color) and cool-(regular color) are different 'colors' similar to magenta. However, it wasn't used for art much before Yamatai because they don't have heated pigments. However, now there is a huge wave of Separa'Shan art that is being produced with products like Omnihue.

I thought it would be neat if there was a product that had that use, both for art and for things like clothes, writing, and tattoos. Normal people can't see it, but those with infrared sight can. Like a sort of inside thing for their culture to exploit if they liked. I also figured that art would fail to replicate life for them without infrared pigments. I could see their having new or reoriented cones or something for infrared light. It would also mean they could see red-shifted light and the night sky might look different/more full.

Downsides are that if we shift their cones around instead of adding a new one, RGB monitors might look weird to them.

I need to add at what temperature exactly Separa'Shan prefer. I think I'm going to probably base it on Snakes in the real world but perhaps move it up a few degrees and extend the 'hot but not overheating range' perhaps a bit.

I need to flesh out 'traditional' Separa'shan communities. Totally not Space-Amish. perhaps even have people from other species who like the lifestyle join too...

RPG-D RPGfix
Back