• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Setting Restrictions on Humans

demibear

Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
🎖️ Game Master
Character Forum Mod
🎨 Media Gallery
I am looking for some clarification on something. I have been passively working on a minor (minor might be too much) faction that is largely just humans and another species I am working on. Reading the wiki article on hume and talking to a few people I am getting kind of mixed signals. So looking for clarification.

Is the restriction listed in the human wiki article up to date? It states factions with humans are okay, just not more notHume species.

From my understanding, baseline humans are perfectly fine, as are the various human+ species we already have. However, we've had and if we took the restriction away would continue to have (some would say have gotten anyway) too many species submitted that are what amounts to humans+. That said, baseline humans are underpowered in SARP's meta as it were.

TLDR;
Humans: Good
Totally-not-humans:Bad

*Edit, Sorry to make it sound like I'm being purposefully antagonsitic towards ye plans. Just saying what i gotta say and hope ye can find a way to make it work without hurting nep~

I think its the opposite of that where humanoid species and factions are barred Atm due to an overabundance, and non-humanoids are more openly encouraged but that's up to wes to decide as the faction ban since the last incident we had was never really officiated/made any progress and only ever debated and referenced.

There has also been some conflict with it in the past in regards to the plague wiping out most all humans in the setting save a few pockets like osman. Nepleslia has also been brought up by myself, legix, wes, and others in the past as representing the settings default humans and have been pretty vocal towards groups such as the MoD (now defunct), the NDC (resolved and no longer a problem in that subject), and others trying to move in on our factions claimed niche's like that. Which would arguably draw players away from a core faction which has been struggling to recover since a string of attacks against its wiki and playerbase.

And as a core faction in the middle of a pretty lethargic community atm, I would be remiss if i didn't bring up that i personally will continue that trend of requesting to wes and others that Nepleslia keep that role of being the sole Human faction until we recover in due time, with small exceptions such as:

• Sub factions under Nep such as the one @Ethereal had been working on before their departure. That will both bring players into the nep-sphere and create RP between Nep and these sub-factions.
  • Antagonist sub-factions such as rebel groups that operate within/against Nep (such as the reds, black syndicate, etc.) whose actions are planned and dictated beforehand and who have a reachable and permanent endgame that can be settled on by all FMs involved without bias and act as a short term and fun kind of antagonist event for a year or more (likely more considering how slow the community is atm).
  • Underutilized and now dead factions such as the Abs, Spacers, etc. Who could desperately use a comeback and some RP.

Last edited:
Doesn't completely derail me, I'll just come up with something else. I would have a really hard time incorporating what I had in mind with the Neps. Though maybe I can breathe some life for a Chinese language using ethnic group or something.

Could someone update the human article with the ban please?

Could you make it work by just focusing on the nonhuman species? It seems like we need more of that kind of thing than another "Humans+Aliens" faction

It was really just a side project involving the bipedal aliens (Ehlen) I am working on and something old I once started years ago. So it is fine to leave it on the floor.

I was just curious why there was a difference on what was said and what the wiki article states at the end.

The restriction is asking people to please submit alien-looking species not just another human-looking one with funny ears. For example, the Abwehrans or Nekovalkyrja would not be allowed if they were submitted today because they look human but aren't and we've got so many of these types of species already.

Re: Nepleslia being the human faction - I would actually like to merge the Nepleslian species article into the human one (like Geshrins already have been) and just say Nepleslians are a subset of humans and say to new players that Nepleslia is where most of the humans are.

IMHO, it would still be wise to perhaps try and deemphasize the creation of new human-centric factions, given the level of contention they generally tend to cause in the community.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back