• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP Shady Dealings in a City of Lights

SirSkully

🦊 FM of Neshaten
🦾 FM of Nepleslia
🎖️ Game Master
RP Date
End of Ye 42
RP Location
Kyoto
(OOC: Same night as this thread)

The meeting had been set to take place in a nice bar a few storeys up one of the many towers that made up the skyline of downtown Kyoto, a nice little place made from panels of genuine lacquered wood that took a few obvious queues from historical Yamataian architecture. Volumetric displays imebedded in walls beyond the guardrails gave the impression of being an open-air establishment along with carefully placed vents that allowed air to flow through without polluting the environment with the steady rumble of the various vessels flying around outside.

It was a rumoured Yakuza haunt afterall, so the place being an eye-pleasing fort made sense if you started thinking about it...

Off in the corner was the young lady who'd began setting up arrangements for this meeting in the first place, or rather she fit the description the best out of anyone else here. Amidst a sea of tattoed Yamataian men and women in suits the woman in a midnight-green dress with bright green hair spilling down her back stood out quite a bit. Rather attractively shaped with a slender waist and wide hips that breached through slits in the side of her dress to reveal thick, pleasantly muscled legs, the material falling in such a way that it perfectly highlighted her large buttocks as she downed a small shot of sake and continued looking off into the volumetric vista.

A woman in a grey bodysuit, black pants that still left much of her hips exposed, and a black jacket. Shortly after her the most sterotypical salaryman, in a sharp black business suit, walked behind her with a briefcase of documents. He looked around with apathy as the woman looked around for a bit before seeing Remy. Pulling at the man's sleeve, she gracefully walked over to Remy.

"Do not let your dreams be dreams." The woman said, issusing the established challenge for the meeting. She waited for Remy's password that determines if this is the meeting or something is wrong.

One intensely green eye looked over Remy's shoulder at the duo approaching her before the sensually-dressed woman turned to fully face them, making little attempt to show she was sizing the two strangers up.

"Just do it~" the green-haired woman cooed back with a smirk and a small nod of her head as had been arranged, the plunging neckline of her dress now visible as it bared a decent bit of the human's modest chest and toned midriff, she waved one gloved hand to offer the man and woman nearby seats. A nickle-plated Kendo Special with a milspec barrel sat on the table next to a bottle of sake and a few more glasses.

"A pleasure to meet you both I am sure, please, make yourselves comfortable," the fairly attractive young human offered, bowing barely as low as was deemed appropriate before stepping back to rest her elbows on the guard-rail.

The woman just returns the smirk before giving the salaryman a nod. For his part, the man didn't seem to know or care what was going on as he simply had two jobs. The first was to ensure the business transaction goes smoothly The second was to act as a witness in case anything goes tits up.

As the man sat down, the woman remained standing for the time being. "Nice to met you face to face at last. Sakura's management was a little shocked at first when you contacted them about selling your weapon design to them. But I guess you managed to win over those stubborn business execs Ms. Belmont." the woman said before returning the equally just respectable bow. She then finally sat down.

"I am Mino Takara and this is Mr Abe, a negotiator for the Ryu Keiretsu." Takara said before she is cut off by Abe,

"Let's get started Ms. Belmont. When you contacted SM management, you did not set your price. Why is this?" Abe said, slowly opening up his briefcase in what seemed to be a practiced routine from doing it hundreds of times.

Remy quietly chuckled to herself before also taking a seat, she respected Mr Abe's decision to cut straight to the chase seeing as all she wanted to do was go back to her hotel and put on a hoodie. The human carefully crossed one shapely leg over the other before speaking.

"Well I have a good reason for that I assure you, there are far more subtle ways to say this though paying me in stocks rather than royalties benefits us both in the long run," she began, pistol being brushed to the side of the table by the back of her hand before Remy poured alcohol into three little glasses, gesturing for the two to partake if they so desired.

"Surely being able to say that the reputable Belmont Clan has shares in your company is a good thing yes? if you look past the rumours that all we do is host Nyotaimori parties that devolve into orgies, something completely untrue might I add, then you'd know we have a propensity for shaking hands with those of fairly high social standing. Just this evening I handed a gift from Galactic Horizon's Black family to Hanako-sama herself, as one example~" Remy trailed off with a faint smirk as she looked between the two people across from her, resting gloved hands in her lap and being rather proud of the way she'd handled that.

Abe doesn't skip a beat when he hears Nyotaimori parties and Hanako mentioned in the same breath. "Yes, I am quite sure the rumors are just a tool used by unhappy people to dirty the honorable name of the Belmont Clan." he says without really looking at her, focusing on the paperwork. Then he finally does as he reaches for one of the offered glasses.

Mino Takara likewise also grabbed a glass as it would have been rude to not do so. Her training demanded her to do so. The smirk on her face so remained and grew slightly as she listened to Remy's defense of her family. Takara had been around enough of the upper crust of the post-labor economy that is Yamatai to know a deflection when she heard it. Heck she was one of the girls during said Nyotaimori parties when it fancied her.

"Ahh, that is why I saw the head of PR for Galactic Horizon here." Takara said before she sipped some of the alcohol provided. The statement seemed more one of fact than suspicion. Business people regularly interact with each other in small circles.

Abe continued his business. "The Ryu-Mizumitsu Clan isn't exactly a no-named clan, it just hasn't been in the limelight much until recently. But we are honored just the same that your family would wish to add more name to our stocks." he said before sliding over a contract to her.

"What do you say to 1% of SM stocks for the selling price of your weapon design?" Abe continued. He still hadn't drank from the glass.

Truth be told Remy had also let people eat sushi off her athletic, pear-shaped figure when she had something to benefit from it, her mind briefly flashing back to a meeting at the Ishikawa Estate that ended with the lass walking out with access to some of the clan's server racks. It was a precaution more than anything, a mostly harmless exercise of her recently acquired mindware.

Snapping back to the conversation at hand Remy took a sip from one of the glasses, the slits in her dress revealing quite a bit of toned thigh and side-butt as she nodded in agreement with what was being said, attempting to hide her surprise at getting such a nice offer straight off the bat.

"I will be frank with you, as someone who is a child of Madam and Master Belmont themselves through legality only and not blood I was expecting to get lowballed a bit, so this is quite the development.." Remy admitted, covering her mouth momentarily and feigning more shock than she was really feeling before regaining her composure. Half of being a good businessman was being a good actor afterall~

"I am tempted to try to press for more though out of respect for the Ryu-Mizumitsu name and the kindness you have shown me I shall refrain, give me one moment to look this over," Remy spoke with a kind, honeyed tone and a friendly smile as she picked up the contract to closely inspect it, her eyes lighting up with an artificial green glow as she really looked over it with a few multi-spectrum scans to ensure no foul play was at hand.

"We make it a practice to enter all of our negotiations on good faith." Mino Takara said, cutting off Abe about to make a comment to for Remy to refrain from using her womanly assets with a deadpan face. "It helps to discourage the same lowballing on the other side and I make house calls if we discover dishonesty later on." she continues, teasing Remy with hints of her occupation and possibly knowing Remy's background.

Abe just sipped from his glass as he waited for Remy to complete her analysis of the paperwork. He was expecting a comment of how old fashioned it was to use physical paperwork, but the clan was traditional that way. Plus it made people physically have to sign their names, versus lazy electronic signatures.

"That is fair enough," Remy nodded as she placed the legally binding document down and tapped it with one finger for good measure before gracefully peeling a silk glove off. Revealing a nasty yet old-looking mess of scar tissue around her wrist as the young human outstretched her dainty, lightly calloused hand towards Abe.

"This all seems fine to me, and I would expect nothing less... though could you be a darling and pass me a pen please?" Remy asked, making sure her cybernetically enhanced eyes would get a good look at the faces of both people across the table from her as they continued to burn a vibrant green.

With Abe being a salaryman, the most out of him was a raised eyebrow as he looked at the scaring. He then reached for a pen and handed it over to Remy. Takara also did not have much a reaction to it, though she was certainly curious as to how she had gotten it. But now was not the time to pry. If she was hoping for some level of shock an average Yamataian would show, she wasn't getting it.

Without a word Remy accepted the metallic pen and quickly scribbled her intricate signature down on a few marked lines before clicking it's ballpoint away, transferring the pen to her gloved hand and briefly rubbing her thumb over where it had been held before handing it back to Abe.

"Well that is that, is there anything else you need from me currently or wish to discuss while we are here face to face?" the green-haired woman inquired, re-gloving her hand and lifting her glass to empty what remained of its contents down her throat.

"One last thing, a thumb print here." Abe said, pointing a location on the paper. He slid over a really old fashioned red ink pad. Now it seemed cleared why the Ryu-Mizumitsu Clan insisted on using old paperwork, biometrics.

Remy briefly bit into her lower lip as the woman's neck could be seen tensing up, pressing harder against her black choker before the green-haired Belmont let out a half-chuckled sigh.

"If that's how it must be then fine, I just ask that you refrain from planting my fingerprints anywhere," Remy half-joked as she peeled her glove off again, half-heartedly tossing it to rest over her handgun before the woman inked her finger, proceeding to press it firmly into the contract and carefully roll it from side to side to ensure a full print.

"I assume you brought alcohol wipes or something to help remove the ink from my finger?" Remy asked as she removed her thumb from the paper, careful to not touch anything else with the inked digit.

Abe for once geniunely looked insulted for a moment before we regained his composure. "I am a professional Ms. Belmont." he said as he slid over a box with cleaning material to remove the ink. "One does not need to look like they just voted on some backwards world with unstable political systems."

"It's alright Mister Abe, I don't think she really meant anything with that. You really need to learn to relax a bit more. I don't think that dragon of a wife of yours will notice you going to the bar more." Takara said, adding to the momentary fun. Abe just eye'd her for a moment.

"Now with that, our transaction is now concluded. Expect your stocks to be transferred to your account in one to three business days." Abe said, eager to return back to the office to get everything properly filed away and copied.

With nothing more than a smirk towards Abe's comment and Takara's response Remy quickly wiped down her inked thumb before she gave a few little nods. "Likewise I will transfer the files proper once I get back to my hotel after this, it's been a pleasure meeting you both and I look forward to doing it again in the future if this all goes well," Remy spoke, her eyes going back to their natural appearance as she purposefully left the intention of meeting again a little open to interpretation.

She stood gracefully and offered the duo a bow reasonably lower than her initial one had been, sun-kissed hips sticking out to either side of her dress as Remy's flowing green hair fell almost all the way to the floor.

Abe and Takara both stood up and returned the bow to Remy. Takara had a bit of a grin on her face before the pair made their way back to the small office area the Kereitsu had rented while waiting for more proper offices for a corporation of their size. Right before reaching the door, Takara gave a 2 finger salute to Remy. "Be seeing ya I hope."

"Likewise," Remy chuckled with a little wave as the two disappeared, her modest chest rising and falling as a sigh of relief left her system, the woman taking a second to give a triumphant little smile as she gathered her things before wandering over to a nearby booth.

She wasted little time settling into the comfortable leather bench before resting her head on the broad, suited shoulder of the very handsome Donvan Black, closing her eyes for a second and letting his warmth radiate into her.

"That went well, you're a natural~" his deep voice rumbled before Remy hushed him with a simple finger to the man's lips.

"Thank you but shush, I'm beat, can you carry me back to my room~?"

RPG-D RPGfix
Back