• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Ship Weapons

Charaa

Staff Member
🎨 Media Gallery
This may in fact be a stupid question but on my Night Star Shipi, how many weapons could I have at max? Also, as I think of it, how many vehicles could I logically fit? I wanted to make sure, for both because I was considering adding a weapon and a vehicle.

This is for when I finally post it.

Solution
Hey Charaa :)

The Weapon Limitations Guide says that you can have 8 on-Tier weapons and 2 Tier-Equivalent Weapon Groups.

You can go up one Tier by 'spending' two weapons, or gain one weapon (1->2) by going down a Tier.

You've got two Tiers listed on the Night Star - Tier 12 for its size and Tier 8 for its shields. A corvette is usually on the smaller side, but I think Tier 8 is probably too small for that. Tier 10 is probably a good size for a Corvette and would better match the description you've provided. Your length seems about right for a Tier 11/12. You can find more info and examples here.

For vehicles, there's no 'hard' rules around it. What I usually do is figure out how large of a space I want to dedicate to a...
Hey Charaa :)

The Weapon Limitations Guide says that you can have 8 on-Tier weapons and 2 Tier-Equivalent Weapon Groups.

You can go up one Tier by 'spending' two weapons, or gain one weapon (1->2) by going down a Tier.

You've got two Tiers listed on the Night Star - Tier 12 for its size and Tier 8 for its shields. A corvette is usually on the smaller side, but I think Tier 8 is probably too small for that. Tier 10 is probably a good size for a Corvette and would better match the description you've provided. Your length seems about right for a Tier 11/12. You can find more info and examples here.

For vehicles, there's no 'hard' rules around it. What I usually do is figure out how large of a space I want to dedicate to a hangar and check if that makes sense. Also think about potential trade offs - if you fill up the entire ship with vehicles, you probably shouldn't max out your weapons. Same thing goes for civilian ships, etc.

Let me know what Tier you want it to be and what kind of weapon loadout you're thinking.

Solution
RPG-D RPGfix
Back