• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Ship?

Kendokio

Inactive Member
Previously I have read that to have your own ship you must be an officer. Does this mean that I cannot have a small ship for just my character to fly around the planets in?

Solution
These days, any character can have a starship! But you want to think about...
  • Is your character a licensed pilot or do they have access to hire a pilot? (Note: There are also AI pilots)
  • Can your character afford to purchase or rent a starship (and presumably, the insurance and maintenance for it)?
  • Does the ship need crew?
  • Do you have the infrastructure to store the starship when you're not using it, if needed?
Basically, your character should probably be pretty wealthy. It's more expensive than a car or a house.
That would be up for questioning. You might be able to posses a small shuttle, Wim Herzog for example originaly had a ship before it was ret-conned out of existance. You would probably have to ask Wes or Yangfan, since they will likely make a decision based on your characters background.

These days, any character can have a starship! But you want to think about...
  • Is your character a licensed pilot or do they have access to hire a pilot? (Note: There are also AI pilots)
  • Can your character afford to purchase or rent a starship (and presumably, the insurance and maintenance for it)?
  • Does the ship need crew?
  • Do you have the infrastructure to store the starship when you're not using it, if needed?
Basically, your character should probably be pretty wealthy. It's more expensive than a car or a house.

Solution
RPG-D RPGfix
Back