• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

SACN Shuristan Shipbuilders Investigation

Soban

Convention Veteran
RP Date
YE 45.2
RP Location
Yamatai
To: Shretas Natus, Senator representing Shurista

Senator,

I am glad to have received your message regarding the destruction of YSS Battle of the Binary Stars. I am wanting to get as much information as possible about the destruction so that we can prevent such failures as this in the future. However, there are certain secrets as it relates to national security that we don't wish to share. However, if you would form a corporation that we can include as part of the Star Army Military Industrial Complex. I would be very interested in a Shuristian design for a replacement for the YSS Battle of the Binary Stars with the latest technology. This would allow me to share current designs and other information such as the complete files on what happened to the YSS Battle of the Binary Stars.

Regards,
William Fletcher I, Taisho, Seventh Fleet

To: William Fletcher I, Taisho, Seventh Fleet
CC: Empress Himiko I of Yamatai

While I understand the inclusion of Shurista's shipyards and master planners in Yamatai's military industrial complex, and the subsequent need for accountability, the Assembly of Shuristan Shipbuilders is better suited for repair and refit of existing vessels, alongside forensic failure analysis.

In speaking with the Councils, three groups have stepped forward to volunteer. These are as follows.

• Subati Forge has been operating in the manufacture of starship components and service knives for nearly two hundred years, and while new, are skilled crafters, with an expert Smith at the helm.
  • Garasulen Dockyards has been dismantling and reassembling starships of classes ranging from postage freighters to diplomatic cruisers for centuries, and are notably the team who salvaged and built SDC Himiko
  • Civil Service Search and Recovery Vessel Karatas is a medium heavy cruiser capable of towing the remains of the Battle of Binary Stars, and includes fourteen tug boats with capability of clearing debris and searching the wreck for survivors.
Unfortunately, there has been no concensus on what such a joint venture would be called.

To reiterate, Shurista will NOT be designing or building new ships for the Star Army of Yamatai. We do not have the technical expertise to take on such a task. What we can do is conduct investigations and failure analysis of what can be recovered.

To: Shretas Natus, Senator representing Shurista

I'm uncertain about the relationship that the Karatas has here, I'll have logistics get in touch with them regarding the towing. When we merge or create something from two companies, it often results in a hyphenated name such as perhaps 'Subati-Garasulen'. I look forward to being able to use your technical expertise and repair facilities.

Regards,
William Fletcher I, Taisho, Seventh Fleet

To: William Fletcher I, Taisho, Seventh Fleet

Karatas and her crew are already en route to Gashmere, along with a full third of the Shuristan Civil Service aid fleet in accordance with Senate Bill 120, passed YE45.1. Earlier this month, I volunteered that Shurista would bring her full might to bear to ensure the safety of community civilians. While this is a disappointing initial turnout, it is not unexpected. You know how difficult such large fleets can be to muster on short notice.

As for Karatas and her relationship to the investigation in specific. She is a towing vessel, with an expert crew trained specifically in large space craft recovery. Her crew is extremely adept at ensuring their jobs arrive to their destination in the same number of pieces as they were found in. Part of that skill is detailed scans that show potential weakpoints and stress fractures which would cause a vessel to break up whilst being towed at FTL. This information can help when placed in comparison to the original plans. Moreover they are willing to share live feeds with investigators at Ketsuri Fleetyards, the original builders of this vessel, to confer as many opinions and gather as much information as possible.

I'm sure it will be a pleasure to work with you in the future, Mr. Fletcher. Your decisive action will be remembered. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Being civilian, the Shuristan fleet cannot engage in this mission without the 7th Fleet, express consent, and that of the Director of Star Army operations, whose name I do not know..

With regards,
Shretas of Natus, Senator representing Shurista

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back