• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission Shuryoku-Class Super Freighter

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Good looking article as always, Andrew. Lets take a look~

[ ✅ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✅ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✅ ] 3. The article follows our wiki-style guidelines, including No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✅ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✅ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate and are not broken
[ ❌ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✅ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✅ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✅ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✅ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

I only see two things that pop up to me.

Aether power is currently restricted to the major factions with origin as an exception. So while the 1B version is fine, Any 1A will need an alternate power source.

And,

Can you expand on Negotiable as a price point for the 1A version? Such as asking them to contact a representative, giving an example for a price depending on location, etc. Cause otherwise its rather vague. This seems like a very important ship for smaller corps that lack manpower but still want to import/export so I'm sure it will be popular and not knowing any basis for a price is something that needs to be fixed. (Cause I def want one for Shasta crop at one point~)

@Andrew that's all there is to is! Those two seem rather simple requests before it can be moved on to approval.

1. Added Quantum Foam for the 1A
2. Added starting point -->
  • Price: Negotiable, starting at 200,000 KS contact Motoyoshi-Igarashi Yuka via SYNC to negotiate on multiple units (Civilian) or Military Contract

If I'm not Mistaken, Yugumo corporation is part of the Star Army Military Industrial complex and as such should have access to Aether power generation.

Additionally, Aether Power is not restricted, just Aether Weapons. Origin was able to produce Aether weapons under a strict contract from the SAoY but as far as I know the power generators are a widely available technology.

This is true Yugumo Corporation is also strongly affiliated with Ketsurui Fleet Yards. They run their shipyards at Gemini, Leo, and Legacy Bastion (Katsuko is still a Ketsurui at the end of the day).

Anyway, I made the Quantum Foam generator an option, it is just as good as aether anyway.

I feel like that price is severely low for such a massive craft- This is a problem that SARP has as a whole, which I have been trying to fix, but our star ships in general are entirely too inexpensive. I have actually been raising prices on a lot of Origin's larger products and urging people who manage other companies to do the same, as it really makes SARP's (admittedly fictional) economy really, really wonky.

For reference (And not as any attempt to try and stop Yugumo corp from undercutting Origin) Origin's Caravan Heavy Freighter, which is half the size, and much simpler, retails for 600,000 KS.

It is affiliated with them, yes~

But I have never been shown anywhere that it is written that aether generation is allowed to the civilian market outside origin. If it is or isn't and is said by an official source ill remember that for the future but for quite some time I've been told aether power generation is restricted to the major advanced factions.

In regards to what kai says that is true, a guide towards ships used as examples and what they are charging might be a good idea from someone in the future. But if you like where the price is at, andrew we can move onto the checklist for approval.

Raised the price to 830,000 KS. I never know how much to price things at. Yugumo Corporation is a nationalized YSE company @Charmaylarg Dufrain just for reference.

A Quick wiki search for Aether came up with this reference.

As for getting together on Pricing things for better IC commerce and OOC perspective, that's definitely something I am interested in. I might make a thread that the major company managers can all weigh in on so that we can help make SARP's economy seem a bit more real.

Thanks then, kai-man~

[ ✅ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✅ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✅ ] 3. The article follows our wiki-style guidelines, including No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✅ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✅ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate and are not broken
[ ✅ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✅ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✅ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✅ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✅ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Please make sure the ship is properly back-linked and is put in its final home on any technology encyclopedia's, ship and corporation product and roster listings, etc.

[ ✅ ] 1. State clearly that the article is approved in the submission thread
[✅ ] 2. Move the wiki article to its permanent (destination) location on the wiki
[ ✅ ] 3. Move the submission thread to the Approved Submissions subforum or get a moderator to
[ ✅] 4. Edit the article to add a link to the approval thread in the OOC Notes section
[ ✅ ] 5. Remind the submitter to link to the newly-approved page wherever it makes sense to do so.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back