• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP Concluded Sign-up list for an on-board RP.

Tim

Inactive Member
Setting:

The planet of Aeshantal. A primarily land planet, it is sparsely populated by Geshrin and Neplislians that live in a strange mix of primitive and futuristic technology.

The planet is optimal for growing plants and for machining. While trade from Aeshantal is beginning to take off, there seems to be a black market society that is flourishing as well. Commercial shipping has been attacked and supply depots raided.

A very basic description of the local system of government is as follows. The planet has a loose confederation of societies. Each territory (or fragment in the local terminology) retains its individual sovreignty and decisions are made only with unanimous agreement. While this tends to make change extremely slow, it also leads to greater differentiation between the differents fragments.

The fragment that is most suspected of housing black market activities is called Andvari. This fragment has two major cities and three minor cities surrounded by largely uninhabited grasslands roamed by the local fauna. The two major cities are Vathir and Volund. The are located approximately 16 miles apart at their closest points. Vathir is rougly northwest of Volund. Vathir is the rowdier of the two cities. With only a minimal force to keep the citizens from chaos, the atmosphere resembles that of a bar where everyone has had too much to drink. Volund, on the other hand, is more productive. Shipping out low quality, but mass produced manufactured goods, Volund specializes in trade with the rest of the fragments and is one of the reasons that Andvari exists still. The three smaller cities are more rural in nature and are named Gartal, Fayl, and Kallvie. These cities are all within 10 miles of the larger cities, usually connected by a small path or gravel road.

The Mission:

Discover from the local populace the location of the black market headquarters/command.

Secondary Goals:

If it is feasible, destroy it.

Information given to those who accept the mission:

Preliminary investigation has triangulated activities to Andvari and more specifically the city of Vathir.

----------------------------------------------

Additional Notes:

Despite the tendency here to make primarily JPs, I thought that it would be interesting to have an on-board RP.

Requirements: You must not go inactive for long periods of time or the story will grind to a halt, making the experience unenjoyable for everyone else.

To Wes: Possible location?

Sure. We don't exactly have a wealth of free players here (people not involved in one or more plots) but I'm not going to stop something that looks like it's got potential. the planet northwest of Albini can be it.

Making the intro post etc now. If anyone wants to hop in other than Adrik, let me know here or IM etc and I'll add you in the storyline asap.

I got rid of the forum and moved the thread to general roleplay, since no one had posted in over two weeks. A "dead" forum really gives a bad impression. >,>

I'm still looking for people that would like to try it. Since Adrik went MIA there, it kinda died before it even got started. If anyone would still like to try a SP (or JP, doesn't matter to me but SP seems more feasible considering my schedule) plot, please, do PM/IM/Post here.

We need some more players. I think we're all plotted out at the moment :p That give you more time to work on the those maps and stuff in the meantime.

Man, it's a shame that this didn't work out. Who knows? Maybe if had gone well my brother Tim would still be RPing here. But starting up a plot can be a difficult thing sometimes. Especially in this age where a zillion things are trying to grab your attention (mostly because they want money).

RPG-D RPGfix
Back