• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Senate: Misc Signed and Sealed - The Resignation - Part 2 | Private Document to Her Majesty Empress Ketsurui Himiko I

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
RP Date
YE 44.7
RP Location
Electronic Communication, Empress Himiko, Katsuko, Imperial Senate
To: Her Majesty Empress Ketsurui Himiko I | Your Eyes Only

<<Copy Enclosed of Original Resignation from Imperial Premier Attached>>

Start: Private Imperial Eyes Only Document

天皇陛下万歳 [Tennōheika Banzai]

In addition to my formal resignation, I attach this personal advisory account of observations made as your Imperial Premier. I apologize deeply that this posting was not for me, but I believe that one serves the Empire best from where they can offer the most and I believe wholeheartedly that I have returned to where I can do that. Please see the following as my opinions and observations for your eyes only, I render these not as an attack or alarmist reaction but as observations from my experiences.

I ran for Premier because it was my hope to assist in the orchestration of legislation that would bring about restoration and healing from the struggles and challenges in the aftermath of our war with the Interstellar Kingdom of Kuvexia. I found myself faced with a different challenge, however, and a movement within our Empire that could be considered an agenda. Bills presented to the Senate in their original forms were carefully worded and crafted to include phrases and passages which seek to undermine the fundamental fabric of the nation. There are those within that body who seek to denature our way of life, to dilute the power of your Imperial Majesty, and reduce you and the Ketsurui Clan to symbols rather than rulers. I am willing to admit that my own personal experiences predispose my sensitivity to liberal movements; however, I cannot dismiss the perception I have that in intensity these ideals are destructive to the Imperial Way. As seen in the slanderous press coverage launched by one of the Senators, there are those who take pride in pointing out the divisions in our society rather than embracing our unity beneath your rule. These bombastic methods of highlighting division can inspire violence and disharmony within the population. As we see within the failed nation-state of the United Outer Colonies liberal thought can over become a veil for more sinister activity which can lead to loss and suffering.

I am not writing this in the advisory of drastic action unless, of course, you see fit. I do this rather than advise increased monitoring and awareness of the legislation being proposed and the motives behind them. The Motoyoshi Colonial Sector and its leadership ship seek to enshrine and encapsulate the traditional Imperial values of the Yamatai Star Empire. They have learned the hard way the true benefits of being a functional and loyal state of your majesty's Empire. We now undertake a historical step towards Imperial Expansion, to bring the Empire to the frontiers and expanses beyond the Kikyo Sector. I hope to prove that through the posting given to me by Mistress Taisho Yui and yourself that Yamataians are capable of wonderful and glorious things, and that I have been placed where I am of best service to you, the Empire, and its people.

As always, I send my kindest regards to you the Empress I serve and someone I consider family. May the Empire flourish and continue to seek victory over any obstacles in its path.

Signed,
Taisho Ketsurui-Motoyoshi Katsuko
Commander of the Fifth Expeditionary Fleet of the Star Army of Yamatai

To: Taisho Ketsurui-Motoyoshi Katsuko
From: Her Imperial Majesty Empress Ketsurui Himiko I of Yamatai

Taisho Katsuko,

While it is a disappointment to have you depart before your full term of service, you have our gratitude for your service in this important position. Yui says you have always been more comfortable in military service the Nekovalkyrja are made for, and it seems evident this is the case. We wish you success on your renewed career as a Taisho bringing Yamataian strength and Yamataian civilization to the stars. Your unique insight on the senate will be carefully considered.

Signed,

HIMIKO

RPG-D RPGfix
Back