• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP single story pre rp(yss Tokyo) Levente Barna

The KrimsonWulf

Inactive Member
Banned Member
RP Date
01YE42
RP Location
Rok'Veru

01 YE42

The room was quiet, deafeningly so. The door was shut; inside of the empty space was one flickering bulb hung from the center of the room. Bottles lined the counter, empty showing how much time had passed the echoed, muffled beeping only drown out by the bassy muffled report of gunfire. Before the silence of the room took hold once more. A metal table sat under the light, with a tray full of cigarette butts and a half-smoked carton. A sterlyng .45 and several magazines lay on the table adjacent to the half-empty bottle of whiskey. With a long pull from the bottle, he exhaled smoke from the lit cigarette in his mouth. Leventé's eyes looked sunken in dark circles as if he was awake for days. A low gutteral growl of frustration escaped his mouth as the memories flashed once more. The bloody cockpit, the shattered exit covered in his own blood. His arm and the very same side arm on the table were firing into the NMX soldiers that began to swarm his position. The throbbing pain in his head, the blurry vision made harder with the blood in his eyes. And the desperate pants knowing his love was lost. Before sheer silence yet again. With another growl and exhale of smoke, Leventé grabbed the pistol quickly, putting his ringed fingers around the grip, bringing the muzzle to his temple closing his eyes once more, as visions flashed before him of the day before their mission.

Light-hearted laughs, a soft smile, and her soft lips…..that's all he could remember. No defining features or even Elise's face thoroughly. Tears began to stream from his eyes. a pained grimace washed over his face as he felt the tension of the trigger tighten, his breath shaky, tears still streaming down his face, just before that final moment. Levente screamed, slamming the pistol onto the table, choking out a pained sob, with so much strain...his wounds throbbed. His mind raced with the thought of his home, his family, and his now long-gone life. His hand fumbling towards another bottle, he clumsily popped the cork open again, drinking straight from the source.

His vision began to blur as the paranoia started to set in, looking around at the fuzzy room. The sights and smells of the battlefield were violently bombarding his mind's eye. Throwing the bottle against the wall, Levente would clutch his head, trying to forget it all though it all seemed burned into his very soul. His vision blurring once again before finally closing to black as the drink finally took hold of his senses, causing him to relax and slump back onto the chair.

His eyes finally closed, lost to the torrent of his subconscious. a mix of the drink and medication possibly. Dreams of days as a child, meeting his former love when he was assigned to his first marine squadron. Still unable to make out her face. The days spent working on gunships, and flight sims, Felt calming. His mind was unaware of its current station. The following morning broke through the cracks in the covered windows of his room. Bombarding his eyelids before his body fully processed the alcohol from the previous binge. Leventé's eyes slowly broke the hold of his heavy eyelids. Not long after, his body began to ache again. The burning was taking hold once more, looking around the room. Leventé grabbed several bottles, not bothering to add his uniform top, simply grabbing his holster and belt, clipping it on before holstering his weapon. Holding the bag, he added several bottles into its open pouch. Before heading into his family home's living room, the sun was now at full height, as the busy street below could be heard.

Grabbing a cap, he snatched keys to his rover and the home before rushing down the stairs, the empty shop just the way his mother left it. He ran out to his rover. He was peeling out from the side of the road, driving like a man with a death wish, as he made his way to the crash site.

Stumbling out of his rover, Leventé grabbed the bag. He was sitting against the buried nose of his old Viper gunship, setting a bottle and a glass out. Pouring a glass, he took another bottle out and sipped from the source. He chuckled as the heat bore down on his frame. It felt so long ago, yet also as if it was the day prior." you, Ellie, I don't see why I lived. Why it had to be you… you always were stronger. I was just muscle. You changed my life, my mind and kept me on the straight and narrow path. Mom loved you, and you managed to impress the old man even…. Now all three of you are gone. That war took everything but my little sister. Though she keeps things brief. We are finally rebuilding; the outskirts are left as a memorial… It is why I haven't had them move the ship at all." His hands shook, sighing as he rested his head against the rusted Hull. The sun's rays were assaulting his frame once again. The memories seemed to come and go like flashes in a lightning storm.

A choked, half laugh and a half cry escaped Leventé's lips." You know, I don't fear dying. I'm afraid of what comes next. Elise, I'm terrified of the black. The nothingness… of everything I fought for falling to time. You and I included. I wish you were here. I wish it was me who died that day. To face that fear when my time does come. We...Yamatai, and many others...I think we forget how permeant death is….I'm scared, Elise…I'm alone, drunk, and talking to you as if you're in front of me. I'll be leaving the Marines to join the Navy. I've decided to find my answers the way I want. I love you, Elise. I can't ever stop. I'll keep going for you. But…...i...I'll see you again. I know it." His words were shaky, his lip quivering as he began to sob quietly. He still leaned against the ship as his vision began to blur before ultimately fading to black.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back