• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

OOC So what's the deal with Mark?

Alex Hart

FM of NDC
🎖️ Game Master
I'm currently trying to puzzle my way through @Jack Pine's character Mark Oaklen, who is in two places at once. My worry is him causing legal issues with the SAoY, and I'm trying to figure out if he left the Kaiyo 2 before or after the brief on the transuniversal operation.

I'm worried that if he did, the USO might be in a spot of bother. Could someone help me figure this out once and for all?

Kaiyō II Mark might know about S6 Mark, but S6 Mark has not been told what Kaiyō II Mark has done nor will do after their split by any SAoY personnel, to my knowledge.

When they split they had to buy out their contracts. Any decontaminating processes that command deems necessary for someone that leaves the army went down, unless otherwise stated by Mark's player.

I don't think it necessary to have concerns raised unless it's something that Mark's player wants, then I'd be open to discussing it as his character's GM. As it stands, he has a lot on his character's plate and a "spot of bother" could lead to stress neither player, GM, nor character need.

I believe the question from concerned parties is whether Mark was told the mission was going to be transuniversal or not before the split and whether the Mark that returned to USO had his mind wiped after.

People are concerned because it's canon those missions are the most confidential of all and a data breach would be bad. This is from an impartial standpoint.

S6 Mark doesn't know about the jump to Ayenee. Only the crew members that actually went there know about it.

Why would SAoY tell someone that is not going on the secret mission about the secret mission?

Because for them to know whether or not to take the rather expensive ST clone and contract buyout they need to know why to make an informed decision? Then they'd be wiped?

Just an idea. You've apparently cleared it up now and I was never pushing either way in the first place lol I'm more just interpreting no need for the rhetorical question

Last edited:
"You're going somewhere dangerous, you have the rare option to have an ST on the house that will not need to go to this dangerous place. Do you want to do that?"

@Alex Hart have I answered your question?

Um just to throw in. There was no contract buyout. I figure he would have been told it was a mission he couldn't go on for unknown reasons, because classified, but would still be given the option to have a ST copy if one of them enlisted. Mark wanted to stay with the crew, but also wanted answers on his past. So he took the offer, having his new copy enlist, while he went home.

I figured that is what happened as, what would be the point of enlisting for only the duration of training, just to leave again. But if that explanation is a problem, I'm willing to go with @Ametheliana 's

He was already enlisted, had been trained and involved in mission, and had a double made. That double would still be an enlistee of the SAoY until the point at which he served his 3 YE or bought out the contract. One of his superiors could have bought his contract out if the issue not having enough to buy it out or some such.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back