• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Space combat question

The older SMX ships are at a moderate disadvantage against current Star Army ships because the Star Army ships these days are faster and more heavily armed.

The NMX ships are more comparable to Star Army ships. They carry a lot of weapons, good sensors, and are as fast as most Yamataian ships.

On the upside, most of the older SMX ships have a lot of weapons which allows them to have superior firing arcs to most KFY ships, whom often focus on powerful frontal weaponry. That offsets their maneuvrability disadvantage.

I'd think that the older SMX ships probably make great second-line troops, set to garrison systems and interact closer to gravity wells. Defensively, most of their disadvantage are put aside, and they still have very large complements of crew, slaves and battlepods.

When you consider that, the best circumstances for SMX battlegroups is when they close distance and penetrate enemy formations, or are penetrated by other ships. Rather than lose organization, their lot improves because it allows many of their ships to be surrounded by common targets, thus allowing them all to use the weapons on more than just their fore.

One big advantage the SMX had before was their tunneling positron cannons, whom could defeat shield technology of anything built or refited before YE 29. At YE 30 and beyond, shield technology caught up with the vessels latest built, or with refitted shield systems, and thus making the tunneling cannons considerably less deadly (though they remain on part with most of the heavier weaponry the Star Army of Yamatai fields).

Ok, so the SA is a superior fighting force in terms of technology. So why not just eradicate the SMX all together. This is what their third invasion of the sector?

The technology is mostly the same, so it depends on the starship class.

Ira said:
Ok, so the SA is a superior fighting force in terms of technology. So why not just eradicate the SMX all together. This is what their third invasion of the sector?

Oh, if only it were so easy...

Yamatai may be technologically superior, but the gap isn't all that big, and the NMX/SMX have plenty going for them.

Which in a war is a huge advantage. They are also aiming more to glass worlds than capture them, which makes them much harder to defend.

Another Space Combat Question. How often are ship to ship battles hapened and what are the vernacular for navigations used?

On another site, we use the Sphere of itch roll and Yaw on the degree. 000 by 000 by 180 would be a turn either left or right ((Depending on you sheild strength ((Port and Starboard)))) which the direction would have to be given by the commander.

Within moments, the four ships entered contacts distance. Just as they did, Edto leaped into action. “Change heading to two-nine-five by three-two-five! Weapons Master! Bring Plasma Torpedos to bear, firing in a cluster on the lead ship!” She ordered. She watched the flashes of light from the UNSC Ships MAC’s. Simultaneously she watched the Plasma Torpedo’s blare through space.

Read more: http://yappashalorpg.proboards.com/thread/11917/edto-xarsivaree-t6-ship-mistress#ixzz4NPvsoVl0

That is an Excerpt from another site I am on, me writing ship to ship combat. It is written by me, so no Copywrite infringement.

I forgot one of the dimensions, but it's an example :p

I feel like Nekvalkyrja, when giving navigational directions, would speak in streaming video with a data overlay instead of spoken words. Like if one wanted you to look at something, you'd already know where to point your eyes and what you'd be looking at before you actually looked at it.

For non-telepath species the Star Army uses degrees similar to your example.

I will put it on my "to do" list to have standard procedures for this in the SAoY.

Hmm, now I'm imagining that a Neko giving directions is like a weather forecaster working over a green screen, except with vehicle formations instead of clouds. That sounds like a lot of fun.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back