• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Rejected Submission [Species] Xunok Human

Dragon_God

Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=wip:faction:monarchy_of_dovania:xunok
Submission Faction(s)
  1. None (nebulas, etc.)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=faction:monarchy_of_dovania:xunok

Xunok Humans are a specific subspecies of Humans. Though they have similar genetic structure and have similar dietary and some cultural similarities. They're different enough that I decided to make a new species. As well as making this a required species to play as if someone is making a character that is from my faction.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hey, DG. Not trying to step on ye toes over the submission but i remembered something in passing and wanna bring it up. Someone from the NTSE will know if its still relevant or not.

The creation of more human-looking species that are not human is currently restricted for the sake of encouraging more diverse species in the setting. As you can see, we have way too many human-looking species already!

Im not sure if this fits this description or if this Is this still a thing?

Also im not the biggest guy on RP history, im really not, Even for my own faction!
but 3,000 years ago seems a bit of a stretch. Even Geshrintall was only colonized 1,000 years ago by nep settlers. But then again im also even worse on pre-YE0 than i am YE:1-40~

(Nepleslians are all a mixed bag of traits and mutations and theres no reason ye species couldnt have been a nep colony ship tbh. You can use the Nep:Species for your faction without being under the control of the nep faction. Other factions and planets outside of the factions control have nep species on them and theres no reason you couldnt use them too and just have them as mutants with an extra finger with all the bells and whistles without fear of ye faction being annexed~)

Me saying that is not an official FM stamp Stuff like using them for a faction i would leave to legix if the FM stamp was required in this case if someone from the NTSE decided it was required.

I'm not making nepleslians, I'm making humans. There's a difference between the two. If the date is an issue, what would be a more acceptable time? I do not see an issue with it being that old. If there is, please further elaborate, as I don't see.

Regarding the reason why I'm making a separate species, is because I don't want to try to contest or attempt to alter the baseline Human.

Currently the species submission rules say:
Avoid being pseudohuman.

That means you shouldn't call yourselves a separate race if you're really just humans with special powers, minor cosmetic changes (ears, etc), or an extra organ or two. This alone may be grounds for the denial of a submission because the setting already has more than enough pseudohuman species.
If you can't easily interchange the word “alien” with “creature” consider upping the strangeness.
We already have way more types of humans than we need.
Additionally, I put on the wiki page for humans:
The creation of more human-looking species that are not human is currently restricted for the sake of encouraging more diverse species in the setting. As you can see, we have way too many human-looking species already!

This submission clearly fall into the range of "fancy humans" which we're trying to avoid adding more of, so I'm going to pass on adding them to the setting. I'm sorry to reject them because I can see you put a good amount of work into them, but as shown above - the rules were there for everyone to see and follow.

I also want to note that situations like this can be avoided by using the setting discussion forum to make a thread about an idea during the early stages. Such a thread can be good for figuring out what does and doesn't work in advance, and for getting feedback on your ideas, that way you can submit stuff with confidence they're going to be approved.

So, allow me to explain please. Regarding why I placed it under a separate species, it's because I didn't know what else to put it as. I specifically made this to not be a separate species, but rather a wiki article to help assist in creating the Dovanian Character Creation Guide. As every Human from Xuno would have to meet these specific requirements. If need be I will edit some of the wording so that it can be passable, as well as change the category to the correct one.

Most of this would actually be culture articles, you could also put the larger size down as something that happened because of a result of the environment they had lived in for generations. the blood rage stuff though...I'm not entirely sure, I don't fully get the science behind things like adrenaline rushes and if something like that is even hereditary normally.

Building on that, an adrenaline rush often happens when people are presented with a fight or flight situation. So like you said with evolution over generations they may have adapted to have more frequent and more intense rushes as a result of more chemicals being released by the brain.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back