• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: SS Kiroshi [SS Kiroshi] Transmission

Tsuki

Inactive Member
The whistling was only on one frequency of the subspace band. It was odd enough that there WAS whistling anyway. They couldn't be in a bad spot, because only one frequency was getting it. Perhaps it might be something far away, picked up by the Kiroshi's communications.

Tsuki pulled out her PDA and hooked it up to the communications computer. She decided she would compare it with your ordinary, run-of-the-mill interference. The PDA flashed. No, this noise was not natural. It may have been created by a ship of some sort. What ship, however, could transmit at a frequency that high?

Something, Tsuki soon saw, like this:

WARNING:

THREAT DETECTED

-BEGIN ATTACHMENT-

Ship Type: Unknown
Speed: 1,500,326cc
Distance: 3 lightyears
Dimensions: 5,280 ft x 1,140 ft
Weaponry: Energy weapons of unknown class
Threat assessment: Ship navigation is damaged, ship may come dangerously close to current trajectory.

-END ATTACHMENT-

SUGGESTED ACTION: CHANGE TRAJECTORY IMMEDIATELY

*BE AWARE THAT READINGS MAY BE INACCURATE DUE TO UNKNOWN NATURE OF SHIP*

"Aww, crap," Tsuki said under her breath as she ran toward the bridge.

As the alarm echoed through the ship it hit an area where the PA system was a little off, meant it came out around ten times louder than in other areas. Luckily there was only one person in said area, unfortunately it was Michio. He grabbed his ears swearing profusely,

"Alright I get the bloody message." He screamed. As if in responce the warning stopped. "Forget food then, I'm off to the bridge." He thought, not too pleased of the thought. Being hit with a several decibel sound wave always made him hungry.

He jogged down various corridors to find the bridge. Once their he ran into the door since the automatic opening system was lagging. He swore again, face pressed against the cold metal. The door swung open and he fell onto the floor. Swearing under his breath now, he picked himself up and went over to the weapon consol. As if remembering he inclined his head at Tsuki.

"The trajectory is modfied, and the damaged ship went past us. Keep alert, though, no one manufactures ready-made damaged ships now do they?"

Tsuki's glance shot from monitor to monitor, as her fingers tapped away furiously at the keyboard.

A monitor to the right of her started to blink and flash characters across the screen.

"And I thought we were in deep crap before. Look at this thing, Michio!"

All the monitors on Tsuki's side turned black. An image of a ship like nothing they'd ever seen came up on all of them at once. No one needed to tell either of them it's actual size.

Michio swore again, quietly this time as there was a lady in the room. He quickly interfaced with the weapon systems through the nanomachine interface, and began to run all the scans he could. The more information he had the better.

Michio responded through the computer network

"Nothing much. Only that." Along with the message he sent an attachment with direct feed to the details of the ship that the Kiroshi had picked up so far.

Michio then returned all of his attention to the information himself, and began formulating different plans of attack, defence or (in a worse case scenario) retreat.

"I was just thinking," said Tsuki, "if you reap what you sow, then who the hell sowed a large spaceship coming to do who-knows-what to us?"

Tsuki then sent a message to Ray. "What can I help with, captain?"

“Try and hail that ship and make contact with anyone on board. Search our databases to see if we can find out what type of ship that is and who made it. If there are no claims we’ll be going over there to see what we can get from it.â€

Tsuki tapped the keyboard. She put on a headset that was sitting on the controls and spoke into it.

"This is the SS Kiroshi, please respond."

"Oh, Michio," she said in between transmissions, "The ship can't be identified directly. However, both biological and mechanical pieces were used in it's construction."

"Right you are," Michio quickly put this into his tactical caluclations before muttering "Bio-ships, I hate Bio-ships." He began to prepare the weapons for a defensive spread, and to engage the shields. To engage them to early could be seen as an act of agression.

“Well, match speed and acceleration with that ship, bring us up behind it but don’t get to close. Lets run a more detailed scan and check it for signs of intelligent life.â€

"The ship seems to have a vulnerability to high powered blasts, like from a big... cannon... Hey aitaminit, isn't there a main cannon of some sort aboard the SS. Kiroshi?" Tsuki looked worried. "What will become of the crew if we can't handle this thing?"

"We want this ship for salvage, not as scrap metal...er scrap flesh I guess." Ray said as he started going over the data gathered on the ship himself, ~besides... I haven't exactly finished that yet.~

RPG-D RPGfix
Back