• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Implemented Star Army bot

Whisper

Retired Staff
So, we already have a few really cool forum integrations and a music bot.

I think it would be cool to add a bot that does a few simple things- the most important being to welcome new players by saying hello and giving them a few useful links.

The links could be just a basic link to the forums and the new player guide. No reason to overwhelm them. :)

Our community already does a great job saying hello and being helpful, so this is really just about making the new player experience consistent and simplifying things.

Depending on what bot we use, we might be able to expand it to do wiki searches or easier links. Lots of options.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Cool idea, if anyone has specific bot suggestions, please put them here.

giving new players a few useful links.
I'd rather see the #rules landing page changed to include useful links than a bunch of bot spam. The best discord servers keep bot activity low.

It would be great to have a bot. I sadly don't agree with Raz on that point that it is spam :) A bot is great to do administration stuff that supports the admin in various ways, I have used various bots on discord ;)

• Send new arrivals a brief introduction of SARP and what they can do in the server by DM
  • Manages of music (we already have those bots and they are used actively :)
  • Keeps track of news on the website and social media (currently I believe we have a webhook for announcements)
  • It gives people the ability to play games (like capture pokemon for example)

I just saw this. These is completely doable with the bot I suggested. You can have a public welcome and a direct message sent to new players. You could include the links to the articles your suggesting in the direct message allowing the forum to stay clean and uncluttered. That would also allow new players to keep the links in an easy to find location for later reference.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back