• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Gaming Star Army Guilds

RaWolfe

Retired Staff
Good day all!

I've been pounding a few days already about this, but I wouldn't mind sharing the idea (note its an idea!). But what would everyone think if I made a few guilds/game servers that would ultimately serve the members of Star Army for pleasure and entertainment :) Of course, I am careful with the name used as it is owned by our fearless leader @Wes, but I thought it could be fun to do some gaming together?

For example, I daily play the following games:
Other games I sometimes play:
  • Division 2
  • Minecraft
I don't mind handing over ownership to a SARP admin if it comes to a point I would (don't think it would ever) for whatever reason leave, or hand it over by creation of it. The goal of the idea is to boost our community :D or that is at least my intention :)

I like the idea of Star Army as a gaming guild that does both roleplay on the forum and also games in various game universes, but Star Army is also relatively small and I don't know if we have the membership to support many games. For example Star Army created a Star Trek Online fleet ten years ago and it wasn't able to stay active for long. Also the people who I recruited for Star Army fleet in-game never seemed to join our site. We'also dabbled in shared Minecraft worlds in the past. Also keep in mind that every thing we expand Star Army into has a maintenance cost in terms of having staff/mods there, etc. So basically I'm not against the idea but I'm also skeptical about it being something we can pull off on a long term basis. Maybe it might be better if we have special events instead where we can get everyone in a particular game on a particular date and then go from there based on how successful the game days are.

Mmm understandable, but I would say start small and add if there is interest in it? Plus Minecraft servers are free these days and easy to manages by one or two people. Like I said it’s an idea :)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back