• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Star Army in 2003

So... Did Funky City become cannon before or after it was the 'underpants magnetism time' zone?...

Also, the Yui scout being the biggest ship available, wtf.

This is all just so "of it's time" it hurts. I remember when random text-based RPs like this were a dime a dozen.

Funky City existed before SARP. It was named sometime between 1995 and 1997.

Fun fact: It is named after Funky Monkey, a prominent Tymian leader and (OOC) stuffed animal, with neon colors (mostly yellow) and a hat, that was won at a carnival. He appeared on one of the Weslian empire dollar bills, like Black Puppy (aka Emperor Black Claw), Emperor John Whitman, and Emperor Big Froggy.

Many old imaginary play concepts got new life when the SARPiverse formed and the name Funky City was one of those. Before Nepleslia was its own faction it was used as the name of the adult content board.

Wow I don’t think it still looked like that in 2005

In 2004 we started self-hosting using phpBB2 so the look changed entirely.

At first our board was orange on black using the Solaris phpBB2 style.

This screenshot is of a site (not ours) that used the same style:

1582512118561.png

That’s more familiar looking.

Funky City existed before SARP. It was named sometime between 1995 and 1997.

Fun fact: It is named after Funky Monkey, a prominent Tymian leader and (OOC) stuffed animal, with neon colors (mostly yellow) and a hat, that was won at a carnival. He appeared on one of the Weslian empire dollar bills, like Black Puppy (aka Emperor Black Claw), Emperor John Whitman, and Emperor Big Froggy.

Many old imaginary play concepts got new life when the SARPiverse formed and the name Funky City was one of those. Before Nepleslia was its own faction it was used as the name of the adult content board.
Here's the bill I mentioned:

1666643861059.png

RPG-D RPGfix
Back