• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission Star Army Internal Small Starship Bridge, Type 40

Toshiro

Submission Type: Internally Mounted Bridge for Small/Medium sized Military Vessels
Template Used: N/A
Submission WIP URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:internal_small_starship_bridge_type_40
Submission Destination URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=stararmy:interiors:internal_small_starship_bridge_type_40

Faction: Yamatai (SAoY)
FM Approved Yet? No @Wes
Faction requires art? Yes

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No
Contains New art? Yes
Previously Submitted? No

Notes: This is another submission planned for the Plumeria update that can be used for other vessels. It is an updated version of the Plumeria's bridge that is inside the vessel rather than poking out of the hull and is intended to optimize space and bridge function while making more stations available. It also has a system for reducing enemy firearm damage (within a certain limit) to give the crew a chance to evacuate or set a self-destruct.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
FM approved.

It looks like the captain's chair is right in front of the rear door, which is super awkward.

Yeah, that looks like the only flaw of it really. If Toshiro fixes that and puts in the new image, that'd be great, but I'll mark this as APPROVED regardless.

I had to do some measurements to make sure the geometry back there was alright and that there was plenty of space. That door is meant to go to the CO and XO's quarters anyway, and some backup escape pod access, though that could vary depending on ship.

Who finally moved this? Need to know which NTSE mod approved this so that I can fill out the appropriate part of the wiki properly.

Edit: Okay, I see Cadet did it now.

To explain the reasoning behind the Captain's Chair being where it is, those doors behind it are more meant to go to some extra escape pod access, and the CO/XO/MEGAMI rooms on the Plumeria. On smaller ships, they go to the CO's suite or MEGAMI in most cases. They're not meant for access by most people. Also, there's more room back there than the first image implies.

This was an effort by Yaichiro to allow everyone to look at every other station on the bridge unimpeded and also to allow the CO to feel like the bridge was even larger as they sat in the chair -- something Yaichiro wanted to do for Hanako. People can walk past the CO station two at a time just like they can walk through the doors two at a time, even when the door is in use. Because of that, it's not really a bottleneck.

Last edited:
@Wes @Gunsight1 @CadetNewb @Fred

I'm tagging the people who have commented in the past about the bridge's seats, plus Fred because he's a boss and good at constructive criticism regarding design and function. I set up the bridge initially as in the first picture to let everyone see every other station and to let the CO see everyone without having to turn her chair all the time. The counter-argument was that there was too little room behind the chair to use the door to the CO Suite, XO Suite, and MEGAMI without feeling cramped. This submission was approved, but changes were recommended. In response, I've moved the chair platform and moved the chair's location ON the platform to free up some room without intruding on the original intended function. The two stations on the side of the CO can see each other, albeit perhaps not quite as easily.

Does the below change solve the concerns, or do I need to change it more to work?

Original:
fetch.php

Proposed change:

fetch.php

It's subtle, but does the trick. In honesty though, you don't have to go ahead with it; I feel like it's one of those optional changes.

One of the design goals was to make the bridge feel "bigger" to the CO in use. Hanako's IC request was for a larger ship. If she feels cramped walking into the bridge, it defeats the purpose some. A change like this, if it fixes the issue while letting the function of the bridge's layout to keep working, is best.

Also, it seems that the images for the stuff we submit stay in the wip space even after we rename the page post-approval. Is that something that can be fixed?

Give me a list of images and I can move them.

That's the issue -- every article that started out in the wip namespace that I submitted recently has images in the wip space, since I started having to write them as WIPs before moving them later to abide by the NTSE stuff.

Give me a list of the articles, then.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back