• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Star Army] Leave

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
"...given a medical discharge." I checked and discharge for medical leave seems to be "general" discharge. Would you mind adding that it would be "general"?

"...by Star Army doctor..." Missing an "a" there?

I realize there isn't too much to put here, but the article in my opinion seems a bit... small?

I personally recommend merging this with the Discharge page, separating the two topics on it but keeping them both fairly close together-it might also benefit people in that there would be less risk of potential confusion if they can compare the two without having to switch pages or tabs all the time.

A bit of a side note, linking "commanding officer" to a relevant page (probably the Starship Captain page)would help to wikify the page more.

Terminal Leave – Prior to separation or retirement from the military, a member may take the remainder of the leave they have. Once they entered “terminal leave” they would essentially be out of the military, but would still collect a paycheck and other entitlements, such as basic allowance for housing, basic allowance for subsistence and medical coverage until their official separation or retirement date

Block Leave – refers to time when most or all of the unit takes leave at the same time. It is commonly allowed during the summer and Christmas holidays, and before and after deployments. This is chargeable leave.

Reenlistment Leave - At least 30 days and up to 90 days leave incident to reenlistment may be authorized to Service members provided that any advance leave involved does not exceed 30 days.

Yaichiro had a situation where he asked to do his duties remotely while temporarily doing SAoY service in another role. Like a temporary transfer with telepresence duties in his initial role. Was that a form of leave? It doesn't seem to match much of what I see.

Medical Leave should have standard values, 15, 30, 60 days. If the member is to be Medical Discharge it should be Medical Retirement. The Empire would still have an obligation to the service member.

There should be information regarding travel, eg, can they travel on SAOY ships? Do they need to be in uniform when traveling.

Medical Leave should have standard values, 15, 30, 60 days
Why? The current version says the "minimum necessary time" so if the doctor says 13 days, it would be for 13 days. I don't think that using standard values makes sense from a medical perspective.

If the member is to be Medical Discharge it should be Medical Retirement. The Empire would still have an obligation to the service member.
In what way? If it's medical care, citizens of the Empire already have full health care so it's not really necessary to have something like the VA Hospital system.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back