• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission Star Army Special Operations Guide

raz

SAINT Director
🌟 Site Supporter
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=stararmy:guide:special_forces_of_yamatai
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
Made this guide a long time ago based on general community confusion regarding Special Operations in the Star Army. Never moved it out of wip: but @Wes said it "looks great." It feels approved based on that but I never felt comfortable taking it out of wip: because I'm not sure where it should be linked from due to it being an OOC "guide" rather than an IC encyclopedia article. Maybe the Star Army Command page, SOFT page, or in the sidebar.

I fixed what Wes requested (moving Samurai down to historical) and added information about how @demibear's G75 reformed into SOFTs during Glimmergold, since the action set a precedent for naming Giretsu SOFT teams.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I took a look at the article and everything seems to be solid. Once a Yam FM stamps it, I think it can be approved as-is.

I feel like Wes gave his okay in 2019 when I first posted it. This is mostly a formality so that wiki or submissions staff can figure out where to put it, since guides are not a "setting submission" and are simply a compilation of existing canon. I'd have already taken it out of wip: if not for that, honestly.

I know my opinion isn't what is needed here but I do have to say this article is a good idea in the fact it would help players who want to place their characters in different areas of the Star Army. That said it does seem that some sections received a little more love than others but that could simply be because they are not used as much so they don't have as much information to be shared. Also having the pages for each all in one place with a short description would make it easier to find specifics for history and character development. It may be a good article to include at the bottom of the character creation pages associated with Yamatai. Over allI enjoyed reading this.

Kore - comments and such, so long as they're constructive, are welcome on this forum. No worries there. :)

Fair point, Raz, just letting it go through the motions. If one of the FMs hasn't stamped this by end of day tomorrow, I'll wrap it up. Let's consider this to have a 3 Day Timer that started yesterday. ;)

Wasn't trying to circumvent the process, just pointing things out to make things easier and not have to poke people. I do admit that Wes re-blessing it would be nice.

Tried to add some pictures, by the way. It just doesn't work, especially because we always have to consider mobile formatting squeeze. If Star Army Command had a round patch then it'd make things a lot more aesthetically workable.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back