• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission Star Army Type 41 Hard Suit + Type 41 Assault Pack

Jack Pine

Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=wip:stararmy:equipment:type_41_hard_suit
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Asking since it will be: Is there art on the way for this?

I currently do not have funds for art, but a few components have art, like the helmet and vest. But sadly not of the kit itself, or the backpack, though I will be tinkering in DoGa for the pack.

FM approved - and I'm going to waive the art requirement for this one due to our site funds being somewhat low at the moment.

We'll start of with the main suit article, I'll handle the pack after.
  • Okay first thing do the rangers have an article to link to? If so you should link it in the first paragraph.
  • The paragraph in the about section, the sentences are really chopped up and missing topics and stuff like that so it is hard to read and I don't even know what it's conveying, this one should be read aloud and then corrected to flow better and convey it's point.
  • There are things that are 'unexplained' in the article. One being that the suit in the first half talks about a helmet as if it comes with one, but in the later half it says a helmet is separate. Another is the synthetic muscle, is only mentioned, but no function is listed with it, does it in crease strength?
  • Also in history it acts as if this is non-powered, but this is indeed powered. It's a powersuit as opposed to power armor(It gives shielding and possible strength augmentation), but it is powered so that should be changed in the article so as to not give the wrong impression.
  • I'm also unsure what systems are being powered by the 'body heat energy' that is mentioned as the main power source. I'm also confused as to why there are two places for two different 'back up' power supplies

Sorry to do this but on thinking about this more, this thing doesn't really have what it needs in terms of refinement, role,, and the Star Army hasn't really asked for something like this as far as I know (and I wasn't asked IIRC). Basically...
  1. We have some really high standards for SAOY power armor articles (including the art thing) and this isn't meeting them.
  2. I was basically approving this because I like Jack Pine and not because it was right thing to do.
Given the reason for this was basically that "power armor requires maintenance" but this is clearly a power armor and is covered in electronics so that seems like an excuse.

Basically I'm getting a sense that not everything is adding up here so I'm going to withdraw my FM approval.

wes I talked to you three weeks in advance so yes I did ask you, and we talked about it for a good one hour at most when we did. Also a power armor is a mechanized set of armor, which this does not even qualify as. Hell it barely qualifies as a **powered** armor other then it has a power source. The plates for this are add ons that are strapped on over the suit. I'd rather not have this month of work thrown away, especially since there is no where else I can eve use it because of the yam tech and components in it, and additionally for the fact that @Glein is the one who wanted the gear.

Last edited:
I may have a possible fix regarding art. The Type 31 Field Uniform never got much love IIRC and if this article were explained as a modernization to this suit perhaps the art could be ported over?

Any application of nanomuscle is strength enhancing. When it comes to nanomuscle a little goes a very long way and a powered suit could have its uses. I also remember being told that in addition to wanting a low maintenance suit Rangers wanted to keep a low profile.

I know GH is all in-house inclusive but there is a suit that is widely available worn by dock workers and spacefaring mechanics that has a tiny radar profile, minimal power requirements, AND is naturally unharmed and even recharges from CFS exposure. It is simple, inexpensive, requires basically no maintenance and is meant to be worn under work clothing. It is the FMS Powered Suit and when worn under the type 31 field uniform can essentially fit the bill of what I was told Rangers want.

It’s not a perfect solution, probably needs a bit of tweaking but it could probably satisfy the need.

Its not made by gh, my bad if thats not what you were getting at it just came across like that, from what i can see it uses some of their gear but its made in yam

Which is why as I have already stated before in this very thread, I went and talked to wes first, three weeks in advance. I told him the concept and explained it, he was cool with it then, so I don't know why that suddenly changed.

He said it wasn't up to the standard for a Yamatai equipment article. Bring it up to standards and maybe he'll FM approve it again.

Maybe we can work out a compromise, since there's about three players, and then the GM and Co-GM on the Artemis who really need this?

I am moving this to abandoned, it has been frozen since November. If something changes and FM approval is gained, it can be reactivated.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back