• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

SANDRA Star Army's PEARL Won't Give Up

Fort Minori, Nataria - Star Army soldiers have new peace of mind knowing that PEARL is out there ready to help. Created in YE 42, the PEARL (Personnel Extraction, Accounting, Recovery, and Location) is a specialized division of the Star Army of Yamatai's Star Army Personnel Command that is devoted to accounting for Star Army soldiers who are missing-in-action (MIA) or unaccounted for, held by the enemy as a prisoner of war (POW), or killed in action (KIA) with the aim of returning them home.

This year, Star Army crews tasked out on PEARL missions were able to recover over 5,500 missing soldiers from across the galaxy including soldiers from enemy-controlled star systems. As part of the Star Army, PEARL's work to locate and recover Star Army soldiers was done in the best interests of the soldiers themselves and their families as well as the Star Army itself. Director of Personnel Ketsuruki-Shinjuku Hanako, Master Taisho Ketsurui Yui, and Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Himiko I of Yamatai, all expressed their thanks and appreciation to PEARL's crews who worked tirelessly to accomplish this major achievement for the Star Army. The effort by PEARL's crews to ensure the safe return of these men and women from the enemy is a true testament to the Star Army and its members.

One of the recovered soldiers is Joto Hei Rachel Woofer, an enlisted anthropomorph originally stationed at the Sakura Fleet Depot in the Scrapyard (UX-12) system. In YE 42, during the Kuvexian War, Scrapyard was attacked by the Kuvexian Military as part of the Kuvexian Advance of YE 42). In 1月 YE 43, Star Army and allied forces recaptured Scrapyard and Sakura Fleet Depot prior to the Battle Of Glimmergold, but it would take an additional four months to find Rachel, who had been hiding in abandoned starship hulks until her capture by Kuvexians, and then taken a hundred light-years away.

In a video shared by her family, Rachel's mother Kim Woofer welcomes her home. As soon as Rachel's feet touched the ground, she began hugging her mother as tears streamed down her face. "I didn't think I would ever see her again. But there she is, a beautiful woman who's not only my daughter, but also a true warrior of the Star Army!"

Rachel's father, Rufus "Big Boy" Woofer, was also at the welcome ceremony and was seen watching as the family reunion continued. Rachel thanked everyone who helped bring her back. She is so happy to be back home and to finally see her family, who, since the beginning of the war, had been separated from her. In a ceremony, Taisho Ketsurui Yui presented her with a promotion to Joto Hei and a Chiharu Prisoner of War medal.

Taisho Ketsurui-Shinjuku Hanako reaffirmed the Star Army's commitment to bring all missing and captured soldiers home and said that currently Star Army ships and crews are doing their best to give everyone the chance to reunite or get closure. "Stay strong. We will never forget or give up on you, Star Army."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back