• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Interest Check Starcraft 2 in SARP?

Alexstraizer

So I got this idea when I was playing some good old Zerg Vs Zerg when it hit me.
No,not a Bane-Lord DoomDrop on top of my mineral lines, but a "What-if" scenario that involves Starcraft,SARP, and a whole lot of shiet.
Just checking if anyone's interested.

You can’t use starcraft within sarp, unless wes happens to buy the rights to that IP which is very unlikely given its a very very successful and wealthy company behind it.

You probably could make some off-label version for (non-canon?) RP (e.g. just vaguely describe the aliens and don't use any trademarked names). Remember you can't copyright an idea (e.g. space elves or space insectoids).

You probably could make some off-label version for (non-canon?) RP (e.g. just vaguely describe the aliens and don't use any trademarked names). Remember you can't copyright an idea (e.g. space elves or space insectoids).
Got it.
However, I was unclear on the "Off-label" part.
What does it mean?

Basically if someone googles the terms and the first hits or first page of hits are all about the franchise you're referencing (like in the case for googling "proto-xeno"), it's likely not a term you want to use.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back