• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission Starship Gauss Ammunition

Kai

Retired Staff
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=corp:origin:starship_gauss_ammunition
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
Template URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=corp:origin:gauss_ammunition (Used as a template for this submission)

This is a subission for a family of starship gauss cannon shells, ranging across three sizes for different tiered applications. Used the article from my earlier Gauss Ammunition submission as a template. Hopefully the EMP rounds make sense with the new DR system?

Last edited by a moderator:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
@Kai - I will be reviewing this submission tomorrow morning.

Note: I, FrostJaeger, am formally claiming this submission. Any reviews posted prior to mine can and will be deleted and invalidated.

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ❌ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ❌ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ N/A ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ❌ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ❌ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here's some fixes this article still needs:
  1. The article needs to follow the Ammunition Template. It's very, very, very close, though - all that needs to be changed are a few of the bullet points listed under each ammunition type.
  2. There needs to be a link to the Damage Rating article - I'd recommend simply linking the word "Tier" wherever it's used.
  3. The effective range in space of each ammunition type needs to be reduced to 300,000 kilometers in order to comply with the Starship Combat Guide's engagement range guidelines.
  4. The article needs to list the year these ammunition types were introduced - YE 40, I presume?
  5. The sentence "Its purpose is to damage or destroy absolutely anything." (found in the High Explosive Positron section) and the phrase "...and the ability to damage or destroy nearly anything" (found in the first sentence of the 500x2000mm Shells section) both need to removed or toned down, as they're overly bombastic.
  6. @Wes or @Nashoba, the Faction Managers of the Yamatai Star Empire, need to post their approval of the submission in this thread.

When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

Although it's not required, I'd also recommend increasing the tier of some of the ammunition types:
  • 250x1000mm Shells
    • Heavy Kinetic Penetrator: Tier 10
    • High Explosive Positron: Tier 11
    • Electromagnetic Pulse: Tier 10/Tier 8 (versus barriers & unprotected electronics/versus everything else)
  • 500x2000mm Shells
    • Heavy Kinetic Penetrator: Tier 11
    • High Explosive Positron: Tier 12
    • Electromagnetic Pulse: Tier 11/Tier 9 (versus barriers & unprotected electronics/versus everything else)
  • 1000x4000mm Shells
    • Heavy Kinetic Penetrator: Tier 12
    • High Explosive Positron: Tier 14
    • Electromagnetic Pulse: Tier 12/Tier 10 (versus barriers & unprotected electronics/versus everything else)
Edit: Lastly, apologies for how late this review was - was extremely busy IRL and didn’t get a chance to utilize my grammarly-equipped laptop until late this evening.

Last edited:
Added the year, added links to DRv3, And I added/ changed some of the bullet points to be closer to the template, though I excluded some of the redundant points (Like Size). I changed to the suggested damage ratings because I'm not going to complain when someone tells me I can make it higher.

As for the Bombastic language, it has been removed, but I'm at a loss as to what to put in it's place, and it also seems odd to me that describing something accurately (Such as antimatter's ability to destroy any kind of matter it contacts) counts as bombastic? But I won't argue about it, either.

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ N/A ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ N/A ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Thanks again for submitting an article to the wiki! Time for some final steps for the reviewer...

[ ✔️ ] 1. State clearly that the article is approved in the submission thread
[ ❌ ] 2. Move the wiki article to its permanent (destination) location on the wiki
[ ✔️ ] 3. Move the submission thread to the Approved Submissions subforum or get a moderator to
[ ✔️ ] 4. Edit the article to add a link to the approval thread in the OOC Notes section
[ ✔️ ] 5. Link other articles to the approved article as appropriate (equipment lists, etc.)

@Ametheliana (or Kai) - would you mind moving the article on the wiki, please? I'm unable to for some reason. >.<

RPG-D RPGfix
Back