• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP Sunflowers and the Dusker Miners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
RP Date
1月 YE 43
RP Location
Kikyo Sector
This takes place after Victory Day YE 43, and The Invitation
ISS Shiori (Modified Misha-Class Explorer), Now Registered as YCS Shiori.
On Route from Yamatai System to Draco Eridanus System

1612302578266.png
Motoyoshi-Igarashi Yuka felt like she had been on the go non-stop, she had taken a vacation at the end of YE 42 but it seemed even half-way through the first month of YE 43 she had somehow done more than her usual schedule; from the meetings with Kai Kenshin to mobilizing the company's rebuilding efforts in the Tange System, combined with the rest of her usual duties. She wasn't impressed with the time she and Yue had got to spend on Yamatai, Victory Day had been yet another chance for Katsuko to keep them all on their toes. The ship that Yuka had ordered to be hers was still in the shipyard, so the ISS Shiroi was the next best thing, having been returned from its year-long cruise under Motoyoshi Taro. They were on route to the Draco Eridanus System as an acceptance of an invitation by the Mining Guild to tour their facilities and discuss corporate business between them and the Yugumo Corporation. The trip followed the major purchase of five mobile refineries, something that was likely going to happen again before the end of the year.

Greenhouse Compartment

Yuka hummed as she trimmed at her Jiyuuian Red Maple Bonzai tree, tiny clippers left crumbs of red leaves on the table as she worked meticulously. "Yue, what do you know about these Duskers?" she asked, curious of what her daughter had studied about this place they were headed in the Draco Eridanus System. Yuka's experience with the Duskers had been limited, it mostly had to do with the purchase of hardware, she knew very little of them beyond that and the media had long since fallen into the last places she expected to find an accurate analysis of any culture in the Kikyo Sector.

Yuka sat back a little on the chair and evaluated the new sculpting of the tree with a satisfied look in her eyes. She put down the tiny clippers and reached for her bubble fruit tea, a cold drink with black tea, peach juice, and tapioca bubbles in it, and took a long sip.

@Charaa

Yue looked over towards her mother, and away from the flower within the Greenhouse Compartment. The young woman had been looking at plants, unlike her mother who was busying herself with tripping her Red Maple Bonzai tree. “According to my studies at the Academy, the New Dusk Conclave is a new nation, which formed at the beginning of 41. They welcome others, to join them, and I heard that Androids and Gynoids are considered citizens with all rights and freedoms that come with it. “ She told her.

She moved to stand beside her mother, her tail lifted to scratch her upper back where it would normally be impossible to do so. “As for the System, from what I know, it was charted by the Mining Guild, by the NDC government. The Mining Guild itself formed early last year, from what I know, and they accept visitors, you don’t have to be asteroid Miners to come there.” Yue told her before she realized maybe she answered more than her mother asked her. She blushed in response and hoped Yuka wasn’t offended.

Yuka chuckled, "Sorry if I'm a little skeptical of an introduction like that; wouldn't be the first time a Motoyoshi was fooled with the promise of rights." She meant the words all in fun, "Now asteroid miners I can get behind, I spent a lot of time at Port Siren over the years. I'm pretty sure it is why Katsuko put me in charge of the corporation." She took another sip of her drink and leaned back in the chair and said, "Seems you do your homework, my girl. Well done, before we know it you will be making the big deals...Come here, let me get a good look at you, I feel like it has been forever since we spent any time together." Yuka looked her over, a wide smile as she looked over the perfect blue skin of the young woman she took in. "You've become such a beautiful young woman...I am so proud of you, and all you've done to get here," she said in a tone of encouragement.

The Misha-Class explorer surged through hyperspace, the spectral colors flashed past the viewports as the ship sped towards the NDC System of Draco Eridanus. As expected, the ship's android crew messaged their destination when they crossed the border into NDC space, the last thing they needed was to be mistaken for something more menacing.

Yue nodded her head, though able to detect a joking tone. She too was skeptical though thought only time will tell if what she’d been told in terms of the AI was accurate. Yue smiled as she learned that her mother could get behind asteroid miners. She smiled further as she heard about her thoughts of why Katsuko had put her in charge of the corporation. “I always thought Aunt Katsuko was a great person.” She commented before she was praised for her diligence in doing homework, which caused her to blush.

She pushed off and moved to where Yuka can get a better look at her. “Thank you, Mom. Though I had help. Thanks to you, I could attend a prestigious academy and get a proper education. You also loved me too, even though I was this little kid who stowed away. I’ll always do homework, on where we are going, even who we are meeting just to make sure it helps you” Her tail wrapped around her waist to keep it from knocking things over.

Last edited:
Yuka stood up and wrapped her arms around her daughter's waist and hugged her tight, "You're wonderful, I could only wish a daughter upon you on all of our family. It makes me wonder though what kind of mother you would be. Did you meet anyone special at the academy?" she questioned as she released the hug hold on Yue and then reached for her drink to take another sip and politely chew on one of the tapioca balls.

The ship they were on had a year of very interesting history, Yuka couldn't help but wonder what the year of travel was like for Taro, Eidan, and their crew. At the same time, the reason for that journey told a story in itself and why she as a mother was so protective of Yue. For some reason that wall of lies that was held in secret at Jiyuu-jo came to mind, there was a reason Motoyoshi mothers held their children tight these days.

While mother and daughter talked, the android crew continued to monitor the ship's slowed trip through space, their orders remained to take the trip slow so that Yuka and Yue could have the time that Yuka had wanted.

The Azure Minkan saw her standing up, and thinking that they were moving on, she stood up straighter too, only to be hugged. She felt her mother’s arms around her waist and felt the tight hug. The younger girl had missed this being hugged by a loved one like her mother was doing now. Yue held Yuka for what seems hours, even barely releasing her before doing so when Yuka had. She’d blushed as she was complimented, how Yuka’d wished that the other members of their family had a daughter like her.

Those words only proved that she’d done well in changing from the little wild girl she’d been to the woman she was now. “With you as my example, my role model in what a mother is, I think I would be a good one. My daughter or son will know how to fight certainly, but that would be more for defense when words would not sway their opponent to a nonviolent end. I don’t want them growing up to their 12th year as I had, but full years going to school learning things, right and wrong, from a trusted source.” She told her before the topic changed to if she’d met anyone at the academy which left her with a blush. She had met someone that she’d had a crush on, but she had been too scared to ask them if they’d liked her the same. “I.. don’t know, mean, yeah, but I don’t know..”

Last edited:
Yuka almost choked on one of that tapioca balls, she had not expected that particular answer from her daughter. It took her a minute to think of a response, "Well you have plenty of time to decide on such things. Just don't go asking Ojisan for advice," she said as she headed towards the door to the central corridor of the ship. "I'm surprised he has not been on your case about the Star Army, if he had his way every single Motoyoshi would have time in service. You're one of the few who has not, but I need you in the Corporation anyway," she explained her comment as they walked.

She slipped into the doors to the ship's galley, the lights flickered on as the MIKO detected movement. "Fried Rice...or Udon?" she asked, they might as well eat something her hopes of having home-cooked food when on Yamatai had been quickly thwarted when Katsuko kept them busy through all of the Victory Day Celebrations, she had seen enough street food to do her in for a while - she needed something wholesome.

"Maybe you will meet someone on Port Jiyuu, or when we're abroad..." she commented, trailing back to their original conversation about dating and romance.

Yue gasped at the reaction from her mother when she almost choked and kept a good eye on her as she made sure she was alright. “True,” she said in response she did indeed have a lot of time, though she was surprised to hear she shouldn’t ask her Ojisan for advice. Yue listened as Yuka told her she was surprised that he hadn’t been on her case about the star army, that if he had his way, every Motoyoshi would have time for service. Yue found herself happy that Yuka felt she needed her in the Corporation.

“Ah, I kinda thought you had something to do with that, that you spoke on my behalf, I mean. So you didn’t do that?” She asked for confirmation's sake, as she moved to follow her mother. Her tail swayed behind her, affected by the gravity and the movement as she hurried to step into place beside her mother.

“Udon, I’m kinda in the mood for Ramen.” She said at the question then moved to be of help. “Yeah, I’m hoping so, but I will wait for it to happen naturally,” She told her.

Yuka shook her head from side to side, "Nope, That was all Katsuko. I merely agreed that I needed your help in the Corporation. Thankfully it looks like your cousins, Tetsuya and Kenpachi will also be involving themselves. With it being peacetime we need more hands in our ventures. Grow while we can before the next conflict breaks out." It appeared Yuka had no illusions at all about the state of the universe, or in her perception of what the company needed.

"Hm. Ramen. Alright, let's do that instead," she said as she walked over to the refrigeration unit. There were vacuum-sealed containers of Shoyu Ramen, the toppings were in separate bags that just had to be opened and sprinkled on top, things like the egg and green onion all came prepared. "These will work, I'm not much of a cook; it's why I had hoped to get some of Taro's cooking while we were home," she said as she started to open the packets as she warmed the bowls in the quick cooker. Once the timer chimed, she took the bowls out and then pushed the one bowl towards Yue so she could prepare her own.

Yuka sighed and looked at her daughter, "Looks like you got saved from some of my bad cooking again..."

The azure Minkan was surprised to hear that it had been her aunt who had made that decision. She found herself grateful to her aunt and she made a mental note to thank her later. She also learned that her cousins Kenpachi and Tetsuya would be involving themselves too. “Agreed, it couldn’t hurt to grow.” She said to her mother, “I think I shall focus myself on designing things, and once I have completed something, would you be willing to take a look, and let me know what you think?” She asked her as Yuka went to get the Ramen ready.

She sat at the table as the Ramen bowl was passed to her. “I doubt you're that bad at cooking, still, it can’t hurt to learn and improve. “ She told her before she thought about her uncle Taro’s cooking for a moment before she frowned. “I don’t think I was saved from your bad cooking, ok mom when we get back, I’d love to try some of your supposedly bad cooking. I doubt it is really that bad.” She told her smiling her sweet smile.

Yuka waved her hand through the air, a volumetric popped up projected from her uniform's dataweave which gave an update on their ETA to Draco Eridanus and then she waved her hand dismissively, and the image faded. "I would be happy to review anything you make, one of the things I love about Katsuko's vision for the corporation is that we've made it so that we can accommodate the diversity of ideas from everyone in the Motoyoshi Clan and even our employees. I'm looking forwards to what you have in mind, and remember we're on the lookout for new venture opportunities too," she said to her daughter as she finished preparing her ramen.

She used her chopsticks to move around some of the toppings and to arrange a bite of both noodles and a bit of egg for her first bite. She slurped her noodles in appreciation and smiled contently. When she had swallowed she laughed at Yue, "Oh, trust me, honey, my cooking is not fit for consumption. Your Aunt has said that it should be considered a crime in the Empire to serve what I cook." It was unfortunate but true, she didn't have a chance to ever win a cooking competition.

As Yue listened to her mother’s reply, she was momentarily distracted by the volumetric display popping up, and she saw the display tell them how long the trip will be. The azure Minkan didn’t find herself bothered she was spending time with her mother so it was fine for her, but maybe they’d have to sleep in a room. The ship was also another possibility, but she didn’t feel worried either way.

“Excellent, I am very pleased to hear this,” she said, feeling and looking happy as her mind raced to a personal secret project. She just needed some refinement, and she felt she was golden. “I’m still proud of the palace, and thrilled that it was approved, so that’s awesome. “ She said, having unexpectedly made the designs for the Motoyoshi’s new home. “Speaking of, I think I finally got my room the way I like it too” she commented.

Yue looked shocked to hear what her aunt had commented on her mother’s cooking. “ok when the next opportunity comes, I'm getting some of your cooking.” She said seriously.

Yuka giggled and shook her head and said in reply, "You batter have a stomach of steel, I'd definitely consider jumping into a Nekovalkyrja body and joining the Star Army before you brave my cooking." She kept giggling, and looked at Yue and covered her mouth. "Sorry, sweetheart. You just...crack me up, you don't need to torture yourself with my cooking..." she commented as she brought her giggling under control. "I'm glad you got your room the way you like. We will be headed back to the Port when this trip is over. Did you take care of my stuff or do I have crates to unpack still?" she questioned.

Motoyoshi-sama, we are approaching the Draco Eridanus system

Yuka used the chopsticks to bring another mouthful of noodles up so she could shovel them into her mouth. She slurped the noodles up with a wet sound, "Mmm..." She sighed, as she looked towards Yue, they really did need more time together. "Well, we're almost there. Are you ready?" she asked her daughter.

The Misha-Class Explorer dropped out of hyperspace at the edge of the Draco Eridanus System, the brilliant blue threads of the Sarah Nebula bloomed in the background as the signature yuzuki paint job on the ship reflected the gaseous blooms almost perfectly. They switched over to STL, the turbo plasma engines took over and slowly propelled them into the system. The synth bridge crew of the YCS Shiroi handled their entry and the communications.

"This is the YCS Shiroi, requesting clearance to enter the system and instructions for arrival, " the message was sent to the Mining Guild's Omacron Station.

Yue Igarashi-Motoyoshi

As the blue-skinned Minkan was laughed at, she found herself grinning rather than feeling embarrassed. She knew that her mother wasn’t laughing at her to be mean. But she got the sense that truly her cooking was bad if she was considering transferring to a Nekovalkyrja body and joining the Star army before she could brave her cooking. “I’m glad I crack you up, if you’re laughing it means I have made you be in a good mood. “ She said to her as she grinned at her.

“Ok, I’ll concede, and promise not to make you cook something,” she said with her hands up in defeat and nodded her head. “Yeah, I got your room set up, to how you had it before in our previous home; I was shown a picture so I knew how to set up your room. You’ll be on a higher floor than I am, because of how the Clan had it set up.” She told her before her attention went to the voice and then went back to her meal. “Yup, I feel excited about what we will get to see. “ She told her mother as the ship appeared in real space.

Station Control

The scanners picked up on the ship dropping out of hyperspace. The Control operators scanned the approaching ship and had requested identification for the passengers and crew. They were expecting Yuka Igarashi-Motoyoshi as well as a companion that was the junior executive, so when they saw their identification they immediately replied.

“YCS Shiroi, clearance approved, please proceed to docking bay V35 on the eastern docking. This will now be illuminated for you. Also, Station Omacron welcomes our new friends from the Yugumo Corporation. Please be aware a Guide will be there to greet you and take you on a tour unless desiring to head to the Hotel and rest.” Was the reply of a Gynoid.

The Shiori's crew docked the ship where they were instructed, respectfully the ship's scans remained passive and only in the regions that were required to assist with the docking procedures. The ship vibrated slightly as it moved into the secure position docking with the station successfully in the designated bay. The crew automatically followed the condition order for docking and began running diagnostics and returned to regular maintenance schedules for the ship since they were going to remain on board.

"I'm looking forwards to this as well, I was thinking; we should probably ask to go to the hotel first. I could use some rest before we get started on this," Yuka smiled, she didn't want to end the one on one time she had with Yue just yet, they had arrived ahead of schedule anyway so it is likely that whoever was on the other end was scrambling to change things around. Either way, it was never good to broker business immediately upon arrival.

"Why don't you arrange that for us?" Yuka asked, she intended on giving her daughter a chance to do some of the work on this trip; after all, she had to learn.

Yue felt pleased that her mother was as excited about this as she was. She acknowledged that her mother wanted to go straight to the hotel. “Of course,” she said to her mother’s first statement and nodded her head in acknowledgment of her request. She knew as a junior executive she’ll need to work sometime.

“Ok, I’ll go and make arrangements,” She said as she finished her meal and pushed off where she was sitting and walked to the airlock. Which opened for her revealing the guide, one of the thousands of Anthros who work for the Mining Guild.

The Anthro, a woman smiled at the blue-skinned Motoyoshi” Greetings” said the woman to Yue, who politely greeted her back” Hello, I’m Igarashi-Motoyoshi Yue, my mother, Igarashi-Motoyoshi Yuka, wanted me to make arrangements, she’d like to go straight to the Hotel before anything can be discussed.” She told the other woman, who nodded immediately. “Of course, We expected this, I have made arrangements to take you immediately to the Hotel.

Yue smiled “ah good, thank you very much,” She said soon turning back to return to go get her mother.

While Yue had gone to make the arrangements, Yuka had changed into a fairly business-usual pants suit with the company logo on the lapel pin, as usual, the executive's clothing had been equipped with the usual dataweave technology that the standard uniforms were. She had tied back her black hair in a neat ponytail, she figured she might as well look presentable just in case the Mining Guild planned to do some kind of meet and greet despite the choice to go to the hotel. Hopefully, though the request she had made would make it so that she and Yue would have some time to take in a bit of local life in leisure.

Some of the ship's crew had returned to their berths for recharge while others were busy at the task for in-dock procedures which included various diagnostics and work on the ship. The Misha-Class variant was almost a year old now, the official 1B version had already hit the market but the Shiroi had proceeded with the original in a few of the upgrades so it commonly was found in company feedback reports that crossed Yuka's desk as well as those of the Fleetworks division.

Yuka would keep the scans to a minimum, she didn't know how the Duskers handled privacy or even the proprietary content of their station; either way, she kept things to a minimum even with the function of her outfit, it would remain in proximity settings only focused on applications for her keeping company communications, and internal business running smoothly while they were there. She waited in the airlock for Yue, "Everything set?" she asked her daughter when she returned.

Hopefully, this trip would bring more than just business-related items, Yuka had a genuine interest in what Dusker life was like, that Star Army explorer in her had never really gone away even after she retired from the Fifth Expeditionary Fleet.

Yue noticed that her mother’s hair was in a new style as well as the look of her outfit. She would realize that there was a dataweave in her outfit. In acknowledgment of this, the younger blue-skinned girl chose not to comment. The Minkan chose to focus on the question itself as her mind processed it. “Yes,” the young woman stated before she continued.” They were expecting us, the CEO sent a message detailing that we’d be arriving, and I let our guide know we’d like to go to the Hotel, which was also expected. We’ll be staying in the Lord’s suite, which appears to be named in honor of their Lord Jack Pine.” Her tail swished behind her as she spoke which may distract some.

Yue gently pushed her hair back, which was ruffled by the breeze when she stepped outside the ship. “We’ll also receive some help with any luggage we might want to bring with us. “ She said “I’ll get our bags so that they can be brought along. Though you have got to see their docking bay, it’s clean and seems like it's an open concept. I’m curious about the other parts of the station.

Yuka traveled light, if worse came to worse they could fabricate what they needed on the Shiori. Her Yugumo standard-issue duffle bag was packed and ready. "Jack Pine, with a name like that I expect his Lordship must be interesting, to say the least." When she stepped outside of the ship, she made careful note of things; her eyes scaled the carved asteroid with a sense of thought about how the station was made. There was a spartan feel to the design, reminiscent of the days when Novacorp was more prevalent in the Kikyo Sector; though with the similarities came the differences, it all had a strange feeling to it.

A low rush of air passed Yuka, and a low hum sounded from behind her. Her Ascendant Companion drifted off the ship, the air around it shifted as its volumetric disguise activated and the orb changed appearances. A white feathered falcon, with script-like black on its wings, replaced the drone which made itself appear as if it landed on her shoulder. She looked around, curious as to who or what their guide would be and what that first introduction would be like. She was comfortable with the industrialized setting; she had often made trips to Port Siren during the early days of its operations.

Yue nodded ”Yeah, he was so I hear” She replied as they looked around. Behind them, they could see a blue wall, that contained the environment, but it was transparent allowing the space outside could be visible. She saw the Stork transports above them on lofts, though they didn’t see the Industrial shuttles or the Dragon class ships. There were crates brought down from an entranceway off to the side and moved off to another door.

Yue turned at the noise she heard and saw her mother’s Ascendant Companion as an employee, Yue had one of her own too, but having been unsure if she should bring it or not, she chose not to. She didn’t regret the choice, instead, she focused on other things like how it seemed to change the appearance.

Yue’s attention was caught by the arriving Guide who appeared to be a female Anthro one of the many who worked at the Mining Guild. The Guide bowed as was Yamataian custom. “Hello, and welcome to Station Omacron!” the Anthro Said with a slight rolling of the Rs. “On behalf of the guild, we are pleased to have you here with us. Please follow me; I will take you to the lift to DracoTown, where a vehicle will be waiting to take you to the hotel where you’ll be staying. “She indicated that they should follow” please this way,” She said as she led the two Motoyoshi-Igarashi girls to the lift.

The creature was noticed, but the guide did not comment on it other than to smile as she led the way to the lift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back