• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: 188604 Tacticus gets crushed

Z

Zack

In all honesty, Tacticus didn't know what hit him; literally. The taurtron's optics opened as he struggled to get up, clearly met with resistence due to the heavy object that was crushing his back and hind legs. Looking over his shoulder, his eyes widened and he tried to pull himself out. Resulting in him tearing out some of the lush green grass in his struggle. How did this happen? How? Was he honestly too absorbed in what he was doing to notice something falling and to get out of the way? A fearful sound left him as he stopped struggling and realized that he could get scrapped for this. Sure everyone here had been rather helpful, Uso and a few others but...all he could do was farm.

The robot's mind went spinning with fears and worries as he laid there. For a while, he forgot the common sense to call out or try to contact someone though the device. This didn't hurt, being squished like this. However his body sustained a great deal of damage and once he calmed slightly, he noticed that he could barely move his front legs. They were glitching and not responding to the right commands.

"Scrap..." he muttered.

It took some fidgeting and some work but finally someone came by and found him. Course by then, he actually looked tired and was just flopped onto the ground. Everything was feeling sluggish honestly.

"A..hand...pl..please..." he requested, his voice having a staticy sound to it. "maybe..a...hoverlift..."

"Uh.... um...hi?"

The other person was certainly there... as much as there could be. Tacitus couldn't quite see them thanks to the damage to the optics. Movement was also questionable at best. Luckily the audio seemed to be working fine.

"Are you uh... alive?"

The question certainly may have been a difficult one to answer on some level, but the person wasn't really asking about their sense of self-fufillment. Really the question had more to do with just what Tacitus was other than a ball of fur, parts, and vaugely limb-looking things. Even the spacers weren't this artistic with how their bodies were laid out.

"I mean... not like, one of those space men alive.. but like, alive-alive. I uh... Is this your body?"

"Huh? Well I'm...er..still operational at the moment but I'm stuck.." Tacticus replied as he was still stuck.

Tilting his head, he started through blurry optics. This voice..he wasn't sure if he knew it or not. Damn, his head must've been damaged too.

"Well my body is currently squished underneath..whever is on top of my lower half." Tacticus replied. "Speaking of which do you...have a means to get me out? I think...a lot of systems got really badly damaged. I can't even see that well right now."

His tail stuck out from under part of the thing, the limb twitched a few seconds before the connection finally died off. In all honesty, he was in pretty bad shape again.

"I uh... no... this looks bad... does it hurt?" The voice would ask, sounding concerned.

"Nope....I don't have a nervous system for pain so...doesn't hurt." Tacticus replied. "Can you...find someone? I feel...a little odd though..."

His body had a lot of things severed although there was no blood loss, he was still at risk of permenatly shutting down. His systems were struggling to stay operational.

"Y.. yeah.. just... I think the space-lady will know what to do... just... uh... I'll be right back!"

There were the sounds of someone running away, and then after that, silence.

Tacticus sighed, he just laid there. Stuck and trapped. Once in a while, he'd fidget about. Trying to free himself partially before resigning to the fact he couldn't get out. So he just laid there. Feeling his systems shutting down slowly and him unable to keep his eyes open for much longer.

--- BLIP ---

Tacticus would see the light return, six of them even... quite bright, directly infront of his face.

"Please remain calm. You have had a near death experiance." Vier explained in a calm voice. "Please do not be alarmed by your apperance. Your original body is intact, however it will require some time to repair..."

Everything felt different... the sounds, lights, even the air. His own body tasted and felt different in weird and uncomfortable ways as sensation began to return.

"It may take some time for you to get used to your new body. It has the same number of limbs so I think there will be some level of familiarity. Again, I want to stress that your original body is intact, but it requires some additional repairs before I can return you to it..."

For once, his eyes hurt a bit from that bright light. He cringed a bit and squinted his eyes. Wait...he never had to do that before. Everything indeed felt strange just by the fact, he could really feel. Vier was a recognized figure for him, he knew the voice decently enough. So he was slightly put at ease with that. Though she then brought up the near death experience and body.

"Wait...wh.." Tacticus started but he paused, his voice sounded different.

It didn't quite sound like himself, like his voicebox got swapped out with another's. Blinking, he sat up only realize that the weird sensations remained. Blinking, he looked down at his hands and that wasn't the surprising part. The off feeling was ever present, like something wasn't right; at least in his mind.

"What...am I in then?" Tacticus asked.

Indeed, he wasn't in a robot body anymore. Instead he sat there as a man; certain areas covered of course. Grey eyes blinked in their confusion and he sported some short white hair, but sticking out of his back was something very unexpected. A pair of large red wings were sticking out of his back; though he had yet to notice.

"I will need some outside assistance with repairing your body, so for the time being you have been placed in a compatible body that I had avalible. Some of your data may have been formatted so that you can properly use the body, however I do not expect this will disrupt reintigration with your original body." Vier explained.

Tacticus struggled with getting things to move. He was used to four legs and he felt a strong pull on his back as he tried to move his hind legs.

"What's...I can't.." Tacticus stammered.

He could feel a strong pounding in his chest. A body..what was he in specifically? In his efforts to get out of bed, he fell to the floor.

"Ow..." He groaned, wings twitching.

"Please move slowly," Vier said, "It will take some time for you to adjust."

Izzy, who had been in the background making sure things went okay stepped forward. "You okay, Tacticus?" She asked as she tried to help him up.

It was no surprise that he fell really, he wasn't used to moving around on two legs. She had hoped it wouldn't be too weird but she still half expected it at least. She knew she would have to teach him a lot when this happened, and the fact he was in an Elysian body was nerve racking since he'd have to learn how to control the wings.

"Egh...I think so.." Tacticus said.

Accepting her hand, he got onto shaky and unsteady legs, he found it hard just to balance. He was used to a body with four legs and while he had the same amount of limbs; tail not included, this body felt very strange. The large wings would twitch involuntary as he tried to work his legs. He almost lost his balance but he clinged to Izzy's arms, trying to remain standing as his wings stood up. A few loose feathers falling off.

"How do you even more in this thing?" Tacticus questioned confused, clearly struggling with getting the wings to stay down when he tried to move his shaky legs.

"Izzy should be able to instruct you on that," Vier replied.

"Good," She clamps her hands on his shoulders, trying to keep him steady.

"Calm down Tacticus, quit flailing. Focus on standing still first, it may help. Then I can help you try to walk, that way you won't be hitting random things with your wings," She said, trying to keep him stable as she spoke.

Tacticus's legs weren't that steady, he stood there uneasily as his legs still shook as he tried to straighten them. His wings still spazed slightly, a confused yet nervous expression on his face. He was a lot easy to read now in his new facial features. He had expression there besides just eyebrow movement. Several moments went by and he finally managed to stand still and straight, his wings relaxed as he stood there. He glanced to em nervously though for now he was a good bit calmer.

"Okay, now, follow my lead, I'll go slowly," She said stepping back with one foot, pausing to give Tacticus a chance to follow the motion. She kept her hands on his shoulders to keep him steady as she went. "Just focus on staying stable and calm as you move okay?"

Tacticus watched her, he wasn't really sure on how to go about this. It was easy when he had four legs and a tail added more balance to his form. Now he didn't have that tail. The wings made him feel off balanced, ready to fall over if he let go at all. Still, he took a deep breathe and moved one foot. He did struggle to keep his balance during it but he managed to take the step needed.

"Think you can keep following like this?" She asked, watching him take the step and taking a step back with the other foot. It would probably help his balance if she kept stepping back so he wasn't balancing with one foot further forward thatn the other. "I won't let go of you till I think you can handle it by the way."

"Right...okay.." Tacticus replied.

Doing his best to copy her, his balance did give a few times but he never went splat completly. So after a few long minutes; possibly ten. Tacticus was able to stand up without a big fear of falling over.

"I think we're...getting there.." he commented

It was a bit hard to adjust to this, though with Izzy's help he had managed. The large wings would twitch now an then, but other than that he could walk with ease. Already his hands were bandaged up from a couple of accidents but he could move his hands still and work with em.

"Thanks...for the offer to help me get a outfit..." Tacticus said, still surprised at how he sounded. "I...I know you're...b..busy..."

Indeed, Uso was a busy woman. But so was Izzy, as she was a expecting mother. In all seriousness, he wondered what would happen to this body when he was done with it. Would it go back to being a icecube? Destroyed? Vier said she would be able to fix his old body yet...bah. This was temporary, surely they wouldn't just get rid of it since he was using it for now.

"This is...so weird still..." Tacticus muttered; though loud enough to where Uso might hear.

"Most people just get used to switching bodies," Uso said, taking New-Tacticus into the large warehouse that was 'Holsters and More'. "... Though you Elysians.... Well, the Elysians I know barely know how to dress themselves. You gonna be able to figure out what to wear or do I need to fix....'this'." Uso asked, pointing her finger at all of the hospital robe that Tacticus had on.

"Eh?" Tacticus started though he looked down at himself.

At least he had a pair of pants on under the robe; granted ill fitting pants but pants nonetheless.

"Well...I...I never had a sense of fasion so...some advice is helpful.." Tacticus stammered. "I would like something a lot more comfortable than what i have on."

Indeed, walking around in a hopsital gown and ill fitting pants wasn't fun. He felt cold still, rather chilly honestly. Uncomfortable and out of place. Though once inside the store, it was a little wamrer. Course, he found himself greeted by a lot of different kinds of clothes and sections.

"At least I know to go to the men's section." Tacticus said with a smile and a light laugh.

He was trying to be funny as they headed in that direction.

"Then just get Pajama pants if all you want is comfort," Uso said, getting up on her toes so she could survey the area, "I think they are off in that direction..."

Without much of a warning Uso would just head off, pausing for a moment to come back for Tacticus, taking him by the hand and leading him towards sleepware.

Something seemed...off. It was hard to tell in all seriousness but she didn't seem to find his comment amusing. Had he phrased it wrong? Or was it not funny and it was just something he thought was funny. He was following, though he was quickly grabbed by the hand and pulled along. Causing his wings to stretch out slightly and flap in surprise.

"A..are you okay?" Tacticus asked. "Last time we did this you were more...eh...what's the word..."

More bouncy? Happy? At least enjoying making him try on different outfits.

"Distracted, Tired, Stuff..." Uso said, pushing her way through endless racks of clothing until they finally found a section full of loose, soft, pajamas, "You uh... Of course you don't. Here just try this one."

Without so much of an additional word, Uso would grab a pair of fuzzy, blue, pants and a similarly soft set of T-shirts, tossing them over at Tacticus.

"Oh..maybe I should've asked someone else to tag along...it's just, Izzy's done a great deal already for me due to this body." Tacticus explained. "I wasn't really sure who else too..."

When she started throwing stuff at him, he was quick to try and catch em. If they had done this right off the bat while his legs didn't want to work, he would've faceplanted. But this time, he managed to catch the soft fabric.

"o...Okay.." Tacticus replied.

It didn't take him long to try the things on. They did feel nice and soft, in fact he was kind of sidetracked by it. Though he had a bit of a struggle due to his wings; thankfully the clothes already had slits in them for wings. Changing back to the items he had on before he tried things on; as he was sure that the store wouldn't let him wear some of the items out. He came out of the changing room.

"They fit." Tacticus said, giving a smile. "Perhaps we should just wander around? See if there's anything you'd like? It could help take your mind off of the stuff that's worrying you."

"There isn't enough stuff in the world for that.... well, at least not this one." Uso said, "What all are you looking for anyways? I mean, your fashion was all over the place as a robot and now you've got an entirely different body type to dress for."

"Well no harm in trying." Tacticus said. "Well i still have to work, so maybe something that I can work in."

Tacticus pondered it for a moment, he still had his knoweldge. So that was a good thing, he could still work his original task.

"Perhaps I can actually take part in those parties for once? Something to wear for that could be fun." Tacticus added.

"Work... Uh... what have you been working on? Plant stuff?" Uso asked, "... and who's been keeping you from going to parties? You're always welcome to show up when we do stuff."

"Yep, farming and all that." Tacticus commented. "Well..I just figured there was no point in me going. I mean...a robot wouldn't really be able to take part in what every deems as enjoyable."

"You know I'm basically a robot right?" Uso asked. "As are most of us... Sorta. The lines are kinda blurry."

"No....it's kind of hard to really understand how everything works." Tacticus said. "But you at least have some organic bits to you. I had none, I was more robot to where eating, sleeping, and drinking weren't needed."

Looking at his bandaged hands, he pondered it over for a moment. He wasn't sure on what he could do now. Sure he couldn't carry everything the way he used to. But he could still do things.

"I kind of like this..." Tacticus said. "Despite how weaker the body is compared to what I once was I...kind of like it."

"Robotic bits setup like organic bits. I try not to think about it too much. One body is as good as another except for you know... what it can do and all... You want a flying humanoid body? You can keep it you know..."

Tacticus had a surprised look on his face as he looked to her. He could keep it?

"I...I honestly didn't think I could keep this...I mean...it's been really interesting. I can fly!" Tacticus said, his smile growing though fading a moment later. "But...what of my old body then? Would that be scrapped? If I keep this one...I honestly don't know if I want want it yet but...I can't deny how much better this feels than metal."

"Nope, we're getting that fixed up. I suppose if you don't want it turned back on we'll leave it in storage until you do. We're not going to destroy it or leave it locked up somewhere to go crazy." Uso replied, sounding quite a bit turned off by the thought, ".... You uh... comfortable flying? Its like, day 2 of 'you having wings'."

For some reason, he felt relived. He gave out a relieved sigh even knowing that.

"That sounds fine." Tacticus said. "Are you kidding? It's awesome! Granted I've face planted a few thousand times when trying to get the hang of it but it's still fun!"

Uso chuckled just a bit, "Good thing the ground is soft. You uh... need... flight.... clothes?" Uso said, shaking her head, "I Mean, I got no idea what you're supposed to wear for wing-flight."

"Flight clothes?" Tacticus repeated. "If there is such a thing, probably so but..I don't know what that would be. It certainly wouldn't be what the pilots in the mechs wear...eh...wouldn't their be some sort of log about Elysians? Mentioning flight clothes?"

Stupid question but oh well. Everything about this body and race was new and strange to him. Though he was enjoying aspects of this body. The flight most certainly and feeling...well, feeling less like a thing that was in a hunk of junk; prior to proper fixing, and being despoised of. He felt like the chance of getting thrown away was so much weaker now. Like..he could actually be a real part in the place that did take him in.

"That's like... flight clothes... I mean, more like something to fly in not to pilot a flying thing with... I suppose it would be lightweight, tight fitting... maybe backless? you know.. for the wings? I'm sure we can find something here that works for that." Uso said.

"Oh, sorry." Tacticus said, giving a small chuckle. "Sure, that sounds about right. So lightweight, tight, and possibly backless....hm...where would something like that be.."

Pausing, Tacticus was glancing around. Though he did start looking for something that matched the description. He honestly didn't have any ideas on what it would look like. A few minutes later, he ended up finding a blue one piece item. It didn't have any holes in the back though it looked to be made out of a thin material.

"Hm...that could've worked...unless there's a way to alter it without taking away the needed characteristics." Tacticus said.

"Yeah," Uso said, "We've got tailor bots around here somewhere.... HEY YOU!" One of the small robots flying overhead would zoom down. The puck shaped device having small blue glowing eyes on the front that started observing the item Tacticus was holding, "Just describe what you want done to it..."

Tacticus was surprised at the smaller bot, his outfit hadn't needed to be adjusted when he went shopping with Uso the first time. So this little bot was new for him.

"Oh...um.." Looking at the item, he adjusted his grip on it to show the bot the back of it. "I need some sort of large hole in the back, so I can still fly and no risk of the fabric interfering.."

Had he phrased it right?

"Would you like to retain the collar around the neck? Or would you prefer the alteration be backless entirely?" The drone asked in a stead metallic voice.

"Um.." Tacticus muttered slightly, glancing down at it.

The collar didn't look like it would be a bad thing..that it wouldn't interfer.

"Just the back please." Tacticus answered. "The collar can stay."

The drone would scoop up the outfit, and fly off, the massively tall warehouse giving it plenty of room to manuver among other drones,

"So, was it really just your body holding you back then?" Uso asked.

Tacticus glanced down, fiddling with his fingers slightly. Feeling the bandages be tugged by the motions he did.

"I don't think it was a hundred percent my body's fault..." Tacticus started, sounding nervous again. "Granted, I often felt like trying to do certain things as I was...would be wrong or just bizarre. I'd say it was more of me and my personality that held me back the most."

Taking a deep breathe, he exhaled as he looked back up.

"I guess it's still more of just me mentally holding myself back while my body only held a small portion of that." he repeated. "I just figured, if my metal fingers couldn't feel anything..why should I go investigate new things that were soft and plush? I had no reason to eat things and nowhere for it to go inside of me, why should I waste the resources by trying it anyway? I was also pretty big and well...sometimes some rooms were too small feeling for me. So why should I take up extra space when I'm not comfortable?"

"Yeah.... got no room for that here. If you want a thing, that's a good enough reason to go get a thing." Uso replied.

"I just...didn't want to overstep bounds." Tacticus answered. "It was already so hard to find a place for me amongst you all. I felt like...like if I had asked for alterations to myself without providing anything here, that it would only anger you and others."

His wings twitched slightly as he had forgotten for the moment, he had no tail. His wings were the only thing to respond and the response was so small, it was hard to notice.

"That and well...my mind was originally made in a machine. I didn't really think it could be fully transfered in a organic brain." he added.

"Hardware and wetware is pretty close these days... but no telling what Vier had to do to get one to fit inside of the other.

I mean, We could go over this all day but I think its pretty clear you're on the side of overly timid. Yeah, I know, history and bad experiances and all that... you'll get used to us one way or another I suppose." Uso offered.

"I've gotten better...at least...a small bit." Tacticus said. "oh, that reminds me. The person who came across me, when I was squished. Do you know who they were? I never did get to thank em for helping me out."

"Some local... Vier said thanks on your behalf... what were you doing out there anyways? Are you so nervous about being around us that you don't want to work inside?"

"O..Oh." Tacticus replied. "Wh...I work inside. A few locals just asked for help, they wanted to know why some of their plants weren't surviving long enough for a harvest in such a small garden. It's not about you guys at all, I was just...trying to be more useful..."

His wings shuffled slightly, drooping a bi as he stood there.

"I...I thought...I was still doing the job I was given by your guys. Granted, it wasn't inside but..it was still for the benifit of the planet and thus everyone. If the locals could help grow produce then...well, there'd be more local food for everyone.. I didn't think it would come off as...well what is has.."

"Fair enough. I know you got social problems and all.... you know, being stuck in a box or whatever. Just... I guess let us know where you are going? I get a feeling that the local might have just run off... I'm sure we would have found you eventually just... well... your current body is kinda fragile too ok?"

"Sorry about that.." Tacticus replied. "I've seen how fragile this body is already, a few...kitchen accidents."

Showing her his hands, he gave a weak smile. Though it faded quickly.

"I don't like causing trouble...its never been a intent of mine to do but..seems it happens eh?" he said, giving a weak shrug. "I am..trying though. I thought..if I helped them as well, I would be able to sociliaze a bit better. I was nervous doing it and thought, maybe this'll be good practice too.."

"Any practice is good practice.... so just what have you been missing out on because you've been afraid you weren't invited? Do I need to drag you some place?" Uso asked.

"Well I honestly don't know what's been going on. I...avoided learning of get togethers and parties, so I wouldn't be tempted to go." Tacticus answered.

"Then just come hang out at the Queen's Slave when you've got nowhere else to be. I don't exactly plan get togethers... but you're always welcome to show up." Uso offered, "I'll uh... get a game system... or whatever it us you do for fun."

"Queen's Slave? What's that again?" Tacticus asked. "Sure, I probably should try and do things now. I mean, things that held me back before at least with my silly worries tied into em. I don't really see a reason as to why I can't jump in sometime."

He had to be more social. Perhaps people would accept him better in this form. He didn't take up a great deal of space at least.

"My ship. It is my ship," Uso reminded him. "... you have a datapad or something right? A way for us to get in touch with you?"

"oh right! My apologizes." Tacticus answered. "Yes, I should have one in my room. If not, just call Izzy as I'll probably be hanging around her a bit more. She said she was gonna give me some lessons."

"BLAH! STOP THAT!" Uso shouted, "You don't need to apologize for everything all the time always. Just be like, "Ok, sure... or like, just say what you were going to say but without the I'm sorry. There is a time and place for sorry and this isn't that." Uso said.

Tacticus cringed a bit, wings twitching rather strongly with his gesture. Though he went silent. Saying sorry again would only make the situation worse probably. So he was just standing there, staring back at her.

".... ok, sorry... say something," Uso said, frowning, "Just always be trying to improve yourself."

"R...right...I uh..." Tacticus stammered, trying to come up with words. "Well we're kind of in the right...path of sorts for this...I mean, this body feels like a improvement for me..."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back