• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: 4th Fleet [Taiie] Breath of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miyako

🎖️ Game Master
The graveyard of Taiie rested alone.

What had once been home was a cloud of gas and debris left as an eternal reminder of struggle. It's large expanse reminded everyone of a flash point, a battle cry. Faces that had all been forgotten, their spirits restless.

That was going to change.

At different points in the system, right after a private memorial had been held, and offerings were sent into the nebula the Fourth Fleet blipped into the expanse. The command group, led by the YSS Nadare cut it's line through space while smaller contingents left for the first patrol of the bard cluster.

Shimizu Taisho stepped off her shuttle, received by the Nadare. When she returned to the fleet bridge, a large mass moved into place at the edge of the nebula that was her old home, her new home and a hope that would have to be reborn in the hearts of those that hadn't gone to the east. There were so many new lives that had no meaning as the fleets had been reduced. She wanted nothing more than Taiie to be the new center for their lives.

"Spirit city has arrived. The queue is already active, the new station is taking up most of it but we're still clearing all decks, so I want regular reports on the progress there." She directed, the day's events had been hard on her, and she was hungry again already. The girls were getting more assertive, and while normally there were no ill effects of pregnancy everything together had been drawing at the woman.

"Orders acknowledged by SC, Taisho." The officer at communications turned, smiling.

Looking around, Akina could see that most of them were smiling, even if they weren't looking at her. "Open a line to the fleet please."

Akina said:
I won't give you a song now, there's too much work to do, so I will give you all this message.

Welcome home, it's time to get to work. They're all counting on us to carry on.

Shortly after Taisho Shimizu's shuttle docked and allowed the commanding officer to enter the ship, a second shuttle approached and docked as well, allowing a much, much lower ranked Nekovalkyrja to exit, grumbling complaints about the noise level as she grasped the bags containing her belongings, her personal medical supplies (which she never left behind), and her scientific items.

"Now, where is this... um... whatsherface... oh, Shimizu Akina Taisho!" Setsuka exclaimed, rather loudly in fact, having just scoured her digital memory for any information regarding her orders. Now, all the scientist had to do was to find her.

Wearing a standard Female Bodysuit Uniform, with the green fields of a medic and scientist, Setsuka ran her fingers through her messy black hair as she walked along the passages, looking for the Taisho. In the end, the only place she DIDN'T look, was the bridge. So, due to the rule of elimination, she must be there!

KAMI pinged the admiral, telling her that the special recruit she transferred had been looking for her aimlessly on the massive ship. Thank you, KAMI. Please direct her to the main medical complex. I'll be joining her there. Inform Hakumei-Juni that I'll meet her after her interview is over. I want to be on time to the officer's mess tonight.

Please report to the medical complex, follow the volumetric projections to meet with her privately. KAMI chimed the new arrival. At the same time, Akina left the bridge for the medical center, getting there quickly thanks to her proximity to the lift system. She stepped into one of the private medical rooms after talking to one of the medical officers present, and waited.

Unlike most ships, Mishima could see the Chiharu featured carpeted decks, and a palace style passageway with darker toned, purple carpets. Along the walls were various pictures, many of them of battles that had been in more recent history of the YSE.

Nodding to herself as she observed the... original style of the ship, Setsuka jumped as KAMI suddenly popped inside her head with instructions, she offered somewhat stiff telepathic thanks, the dark haired woman went on her way.

As Mishima finally reached the medical complex, and the doors opened, Setsuka's allready large eyes widened and her jaw dropped at the sight before her. The sight of the state-of-the-art and ultra modern medical complex and scientific laboratory was the closest the young scientist had ever gotten to a genuine religious experience.

Standing in the doorway with a slackened jaw and wide eyes, Setsuka was too busy taking in the glorious sight before her to notice the people allready inside, taking a few cautious steps forward as she entered, causing one of the medical officers (another Nekovalkyrja she noted and filed in a different part of her mind) stepped up to ask her if she was all right, and if she had possibly overdosed on Bliss.

"The Taisho is waiting in there..." One of the medical sprites pointed to the room, a light indicating it was in use. Most everyone in the bay was staring at Mishima while she had her rapture, wondering why their commanding officer wanted to see her.

A dark blue haired scientist peeked from her station, frowning softly before going back to her projections on the nebula and other important data.

Akina had taken one of the two chairs present in the room, which featured an examine table and a diagnostics suite. She couldn't hear outside the room, but assumed from internal feed she tapped into her choice was not in err. At least, from watching the woman's somewhat emotional response to all the technology her temporary flagship sported.

"Huh...?" Setsuko asked groggily, before blinking her eyes at the sprite, causing it to repeat the instructions. "Ahh! Hai, arigato." Setsuko said as she promptly ignored the sprite, as it didn't hold any interest for her at the moment, nor did it require her attention. Moving slowly towards the medical booth, Setsuko's large and orange eyes took in all the medical equipment and scientific data and items she would soon be able to play with!

Entering the medical booth, Setsuko bowed respectfully for the Taisho, and closed the door behind her. "Santô Hei Mishima Setsuka reporting as ordered, Shimizu-Taisho!" The medic said simply, standing at attention untill ordered otherwise, trying to ignore the itch on her lower back as she simply waited.

"Sit down, please." Akina nodded, motioning to the other chair. "I take it you find the working environment to your liking?" The Taisho asked, folding one of her legs over the other. "First things first: your records are interesting, but I wanted to hear from you why you want to be here, Mishima-hei."

It was odd for her to be talking to Mishima at all, but she needed someone with a multi-disciplined background. Not to mention she enjoyed the psyche report she had received from the young woman's previous commanding officer.

Nodding her thanks to the commanding officer, Setsuko seated herself in the chair opposite taller woman, finding a position that was comfortable as she smiled softly at the Taisho.

"Yes, indeed, Taisho. It was all most impressive." The scientist answered, her eyes aglow with a hunger to try the new 'toys' waiting for her outside and get to know the medical complex and how it was arranged, and not to mention get to know the rest of the crew.

"Well, as a medical officer, I naturally want to be where I can do the most good, yes? And, I personally thought I'd be doing the most good here. Also, as you most likely know, I am an avid xenobiologist, and as there is a chance of encountering xenos of various different kinds, this place appealed to both sides of my profession and nature, Taisho." The medical officer explained calmly and quietly, as of yet not having displayed any of her notorious "instability" as they had described it at the training camp.

"Good, though your rank is low, it also means I can assign you to non-standard duties. I need a liaison between the rest of the science corps of the fleet, someone to check in on research, and contribute some of her own but be available to me during missions. You'll have your chance at the least to help develop some new projects, and a job if I'm impressed in my company." Akina nodded, studying the woman seriously.

"There's one more thing, I'm pregnant and I need someone the girls can look to for medical advice, someone that can be trusted with checking up on them, advising them to their health. Yes..girls." The Taisho was showing, "Triplets and soon, if the date is right. So you have to keep an eye on me, and I don't want to hear one word about how strange or abnormal it is. If I'm satisfied you can fulfill all of those rolls, and you think you can keep up with my staff, whose health you'll also be responsible for in addition to your other duties, then I'll formalize your transfer."

Shimizu wasn't going to put someone on her staff who wouldn't be able to function around her family, and everyone else she had to see to, from the company she was organizing to being her voice to the scientific and medical community her fleet would both contain, and garner as a whole in the immediate region.

Listening intently at the commanding officer's explanation, Setsuko's large eyes kept widening as she explained about the triplets, as well as a job offer if she could manage to impress the Taisho (which Setsuko didn't really see as a challenge), and trusted with the taller woman's precious 'cargo' as well as the health of the rest of the crew.

"Very well, Taisho. I will not let you or the crew down. That is why I am here, after all." The woman said simply, her face calm and serene as she struggled just to contain her curiosity about Shimizu's pregnancy and triplets. Perhaps she and her potential mate had been on Vigour? It was a plausible hypothesis, one she would need to experiment on later, she filed in her mind.

"And basic medical check-ups and child delivery are amongst my basic skills, Ma'am, so you need not worry. In fact, the sooner I can take a blood sample of you, and a sample of fetal water, the sooner I can make sure that you and your daughters are healthy, Taisho." Mishima said simply, smiling softly at the mother-to-be as she longed to get to work, and she also longed to take a look at the genes of both the children and the mother, to try and figure out how the taller Nekovalkyrja had managed to concieve triplets.

"Of course, as you likely know, with triplets, there is an increased risk of complications at birth. But don't worry, I will do everything in my power to avoid such complications, and ensure all three will be delivered safe, sound, and healthy." The medical officer assured before Akina could have time to get anxious, the short and very childlike Nekovalkyrja would indeed do everything in her power to make sure the children was delivered safely, partially due to her love of children, and partially as research material. Something like them would be too valuable not to deliver safely.

Shimizu Taisho frowned at the mention of vigour, and it took her a split second to access what it even was before she smiled strangely and nodded, "No...we don't need something like that. I will formalize your transfer, you'll have quarters here on the Nadare for when we are needed to be mobile, and the colony when it's construction is finally complete."

Akina rose, and nodded to the scientist and made as if to leave the room, but instead she sat herself down on the exam table, and pointed to the various medical implements. "Let's do that now, shall we?" With the tone of 'this is a suggestion you should follow' that many senior officers took from training when she had been the lowest ranking woman at the Kyoto advanced classes.

"I'm trusting you with them..." The red-haired officer repeated, just to hear herself say it.

Nodding as the Taisho explained and confirmed that Setsuko would indeed remain with the fleet, and how they did not use Vigor for mating purposes, Mishima nodded simply and followed the taller woman to the examination table, allowing her commanding officer, now her patient, to get comfortable.

"Of course, Shimizu-Taisho. I will treat them as if they were my own." Setsuko replied with a warm and soothing voice while she smiled charmingly, her innocent face making her seem absolutely trustworthy as she advanced on the medical supplies and picked up a simple syringe used to draw blood samples, and some disinfectant. She would forgo using local sedatives, as it was better to keep a pregnant mother's blood stream clear of foreign matters, and as it was a simple blood sample, the medic was sure the veteran on her table could handle it.

Putting on a pair of disposable gloves, Doctor Mishima asked her patient to roll up the sleeve of her left arm, as it happened to be closer to her, while she picked up some disinfectant and a simple spray gun to which she attached it. The cleaner the sample, the better the result.

"I think they already like fighting with one another." The Taisho grumbled while rolling up her sleeve as she was instructed, settling back for the duration of the exam. "I don't suppose we could get a peek at them?" She added, turning her head to the side so she could look up at her newest personal crew member. Convincing Katsuko she should be anywhere near their Princesses was something she knew she'd have to do as soon as possible. As long as she's not weird around her..

It was her first pregnancy, but Katsuko had been through two herself in older bodies. She hoped it would be all right. The recent announcements had led her into making arrangements, they couldn't be off the mark. "Maybe I'll name the new station after one." When the needle went in she didn't make a sound of complaint, staring at the ceiling.

"Would you care to join me at the officer's galley tonight? I'm starving."

"We should be able to manage a quick peek, yes, Taisho." The medical officer replied softly as she smiled, watching the vial fill with the CO's blood rapidly. Once she was happy with the sample, she simply pulled the syringe out, removed the needle, and popped the sealing lid on the sample as she placed it in the sampler which rapidly began to rotate to seperate the blood from the plasma and to prevent it from coagulating.

This done, the Medic slowly unzipped the Commanding Officer's bodysuit, exposing her swollen baby-filled belly as she slowly applied some mild lubrication that also helped clear up the transmission of the ultrasound into the womb.

"Let's see here... ahh, there we go... three healthy Nekovalkyrja kittens..." Setsuko said softly as she adjusted the transmitter on Akina's belly, turning the monitor to allow the Taisho to behold her daughters for the first time.

Faye arrived via shuttle on the YSS Nadare around this time. She wanted to meet with Akina as soon as possible. The ship's AI informed the aide that her mistress was in the medical bay, so the Jiyuuian made her way to there. I could probably get out of this unfamiliar body there... she thought to herself.

After a few moments of walking and thinking, she decided to keep the same bust size that her body currently had. If Rina had changed it slightly, which Faye suspected she had, then it would only be far to her former commander to keep the change.

ON> YSS Nadare, Taiie The Taisho smiled softly as she looked to the screen, and for a long silence she said nothing, reaching up her fingers to touch the screen. "Kikoru, Faye has arrived, requesting reinstatement." KAMI broke the reverie, making the red-headed woman lean back onto the table. "Au-...full authorization, reinstate to previous rank and add her to my roster, personal aide. Send her to this exam room please. Notify command that she has returned."

"Acknowledged." A volumetric display began guiding Faye towards the medical center, and the armed soldiers that had been following her broke off to go end their shift. Updated orders flashed to the woman coming home, reflecting her change.

"She was on the UOC side of the line when everything happened." Shimizu explained, still mesmerized by the first sight of her children, not even looking at Mishima.

Smiling softly at Akina and the screen, Setsuko slowly moved the transmitter around on the belly to keep the children in focus and to make sure they looked all healthy. "They all seem in perfect order, Ma'am." The medical officer stated softly and simply as she continued to move the device around, making sure it was well lubricated all the time.

Faye received the order and quietly made her way to the exam room. She hadn't noticed the guards following her, but she probably did look suspicious. She was wearing civilian clothing which composed of black jeans and a tight-fit blue shirt. It will be good seeing Akina again, she thought to herself as she made it to her destination.

When Faye arrived at the medical center, the sprite that had helped Mishima earlier pointed her towards the private room, smiling at the casually dressed warrant officer nicely. The KAMI had already assigned her quarters aboard the ship, nearby that of the missing Fleet Aide. "Good...I think they're tired of being in there too." Akina observed after an inherently awkward moment of trying to think of how to vocalize what she felt. The feeling of the lubricant was cold, causing some blurriness to manifest when it caused the officer to shiver. "I don't suppose you can give me a better due date?"

Eyeing the screen again at the Taisho's question, Setsuka frowned slightly and rubbed her chin for a moment, ignoring the lubricant she smeared over it. Judging by their development and size, it was fairly simple to guess a rough estimate for when they would enter this world.

"Well, I would say within the next few weeks. They are fairly well developed, and if you even entered labour now, I doubt they would suffer any premature birth symptoms. So, fairly soon, Taisho, but it is impossible to tell exactly when. They will come when they are good and ready." Setsuko explained while she removed the transmitter and turned off the monitor, and slowly cleaned the officer's belly with some slightly heated water. "Now, what do you say we take that fetal water sample?"

Faye thanked the sprite telepathically before knocking on the door to the private room. She stated her arrival through the closed door, "Nito Juni Faye Kikoru, reporting for duty, Mistress Akina-Taisho. May I enter?" The aide then waited to be acknowledged.

"Y-..oh wait, let's get some captures of the screen first, then go ahead." With that, Akina raised her voice, "Come in Faye-san." She was revisiting her hobby of putting her new aide into strange situations. The fact she'd been cleaned meant she hoped while she had forgotten about pictures in her excitement that Mishima had not.

Having allready anticipated the Taisho's desire for pictures, the medical officer had allready captured a few that the pregnant Nekovalkyrja would be able to view at her leisure once they were done as she simply pulled down more of her suit and expose the woman's vaginal passage. "Hmm... the opening's about right for a woman in your stage of pregnancy... well then, just a quick little sample then..." With that, Setsuko grabbed a probe and applied some heatlube to it, to make sure it moved easily and at the same time was not too cold for comfort or harm the children as she promptly sent it inside and up to the officer's womb to gather her samples.

Faye quietly entered the room just as Setsuko began to drain the fluids. A deep flush formed on her entire face as she spun around to look at the wall. "Oh! So, sorry, Taisho!" she said with total embarrassment. The back of her neck was as visably red as the rest of her face.

Glancing over her shoulder at the new arrival, Setsuko cocked her head, wondering why she was acting so silly while she took her samples, and at the same time checked the health of the three children at the same time with the probe. "Seems everything is in order, Taisho. I'll analyze the samples later, once I've shifted through them."

Laughing without a pause, Akina tried to call her aide over. One of the stills was still on the monitor, "Come say hi to the kittens, Faye-san." Her laughter broke through what she said, until the sight of what she had done was less instantly amusing. "Make sure to forward me the report, Mishima-Hei, but I'd like the pictures sent to my files now." She knew just who to send them to. If Tio didn’t talk to her she understood, but he deserved to know how his baby sisters were doing even if she was angry at the bitter cold reception she’d received. The way he reacted in the public stage made her wonder if a lot of son’s issues had something to do with Katsuko being too busy, or the scars he earned when Taiie fell.

"Hai, Taisho." Setsuko replied simply as she withdrew the probe and cleaned it in disinfectant before placing it in the "used tools" tray to be cleaned at a molecular level later as she smiled and indicated that the officer could now zip up her suit again as she telepathically connected to the monitor and transferred the files to the Taisho's files immediately. "I suppose you wish for Faye-san to get a standard medical check then too, Taisho? It is standard procedure when new crewmembers arrive on-ship. I will, of course, have mine done by one of the medical sprites once I am done here, just to keep the record clean."

Faye shuffled over to the left of Akina to look at the pictures. "They are so cute, Akina-sama..." she said, trying to ignore the doctor's actions. A small lump of envy and curiosity seemed to stick itself into the back of her mind. I wonder what it would feel like... she thought to herself silently.

"There are some complications but they're supposed to be healthy." Akina smiled on after zipping up her suit and adjusting her uniform. "I'm hoping it won't be long now, ah-that reminds me. This is Mishima-hei, she'll be my scientific and medical atache." Slipping slowly from the table, she motioned to the scientist. "Please check her now, then we'll move on to dinner together. There's too much to talk about cramped in a room like this, and the four of us are hungry." Again the admiral sat down on one of the normal chairs, smiling to Faye. "I'm glad you're back."

"Of course, Taisho. Just remember, no anti-obesity drugs or cutting down on food. There was this one girl on our medical course who got pregnant, and she believed herself to be getting fat from food. She eventually overdosed on Anti-Obesity Drugs and killed herself and her child. How she managed to get into the medical course beats me." Setsuko explained simply in a manner-of-fact and chatty voice as she motioned for Faye to get comfortable in the examination chair as she drew several syringes, a few scanners, and some other choice medical supplies as she eyed the newly arrived woman.

"Now, do you have your medical record handy? Any allergies, diseases, or anything else of note? Is this still your first body?" The medical officer asked as she changed her gloves to a clean pair before she would start the examination of Faye.

“Nice to meet you, Mishima-hei," she stated while sitting down in the examination chair. "I have no allergies, diseases, etc, and my medical records should be available in KAMI's networks, I'd assume. This is my second body. I was a Neko until a few weeks ago." Turning to Akina with a little nervousness at the sight of the syringes, the aide said quietly, "Dinner sounds nice…"

"Oh! That's right. We need to transfer her. Get her old data from the network, it's been released. She needs her old body back- or would you prefer a 29, Faye-san?" Akina remembered that in their letters she mourned the loss of her Nekovalkryja identity, and the Taisho was happy to help ease the woman's pain of being separated from it for even that long, and a tough homecoming. "The menu is fairly nice, actually. If I can get the Fleet Aide there we'll have a full table."

After a moment of thought, Faye replied to the Taisho, "I'd rather have my old body back... but if you can't find it, I suppose a 29 body would be alright. I'd like it to be formatted to this body's measurements, if possible." She nodded. The hope of getting her old body back was nice... it had many memories still in it for her to cherish.

Nodding simply at the words of Faye and the Taisho, Setsuko took her blood samples, checked the woman's retinals, and took a few tissue, hair, saliva, and other minor samples to double check her DNA as well as to look for any hidden diseases or chemicals or nanobots or biological weapons that might be lying dormant or active in her body. For all they knew, she might even have Mishhuvatar eggs in her and be none the wiser until the tests revealed otherwise. "Crafting an NH-29 should be no problem, Faye-san. As for your old body, you would have to ask Shimizu-Taisho." Setsuka explained as she grasped a few other tools to quickly take the woman's height, weight, and measurements in case she needed to craft an NH-29 for her new patient. That out of the way, Mishima grasped the Soul Transfer device and prepared it, not activating it as of yet, she needed Akina's reply on the woman's body before that.

"Begin forming a new 27 when you're ready, Mishima-hei. I'm not going to spit at more protection. I'll authorize it." Akina stood, and exited to the area that featured a large row of empty hemosynth tubes, where all of the bodies were formed. She wondered how Katsuko had felt when she made her an aide, or did any of the wonderful things for the red-haired Taisho before she had died, and how she looked when she had come back.

"Hai, Taisho." Mishima replied simply as she issued a telepathic command to the Hemosynth tanks to start growing a new NH-27 Nekovalkyrja body after the measurements taken from Faye as she cleaned up inside the examination room and placed her tools for molecular cleaning.

Faye nodded thankfully as she endured the poking and prodding of the doctor. After a moment of silence from the aide, she asked, "Akina-sama... what's it like to be with child?" She hoped the slightly odd question wasn't too much of a bother to deal with.
<PAUSE

Honoka sighed happily as she left the bathroom, still drying off her hair with a towel. She set the towel aside, and proceeded to brush her hair and to put it up in two ponytails, one on each side of her head. The aide giggled happily, content with how she looked.

Honoka left her room while she queried KAMI what Akina was up to, and learned that she was heading to the Officer's Galley next, so she headed in that direction.

Haruto couldn't sit still.

Wearing a crisply-pressed uniform, the young Helashio paced back and forth in the shuttle, mumbling under his breath to rehearse what he would say to the Taisho. He had not left Yamatai very long ago, but the wait was already driving him a little mad.

'Would you sit down?' the pilot asked, from the front seat.

'Eh, sorry,' Haruto said sheepishly, swishing his tail to the side as he took a seat by the window.

'Don't apologise to me,' she said. 'We're at Taiie. We'll be docking with the Nadare shortly, and I hardly think the Taisho wants to see you fidgeting around like that.'

'True enough, I suppose!' Haruto laid back a bit in his chair, then sat up perfectly straight, then went back to his pacing a minute later.

'Suit yourself,' the pilot said with a sigh. 'We're about to dock. I'll message the Taisho for you.'

'Thenk you,' Haruto said. He took a deep breath, then drew himself into a perfect military stance before the door as the shuttle flew into the bay.

RESUME>

"He has a TAIL!" A power armour pilot pointed excitedly at Haruto while a more subtle sprite walked up to the new crewman. "The Taisho will see you at the officer's galley." She paused, bowed, then ran off to tell the group of pilots that had gone to staring at the unusual soldier everything that she had seen up close.

"What's it like? Weird. Really Weird. I know, I'm supposed to say it's a miracle of creation but I'm not used to...thin-nnm, the girls fighting inside of me. I guess it feels like for all the trouble it causes, it's a special kind of being...like moving from one thing to the next." The Taisho tried to explain, while the KAMI chimed to all of them.

"Special Combat Detachment member Haruto has arrived, Fleet Aide Hakumei will meet you at the officer's galley."

"Thank you, please send him there as well, we might as well meet at dinner." Akina replied, turning her attention to the tank that was to form Faye's body when everything was ready. "What's our status, Mishima-hei?"

"Hmm? Ahh, yes... well, the initial samples show that you are all healthy, as do Faye-san's samples, Taisho." Setsuko explained simply as she loomed over a computer screen and studied the data that was lighting up the screen while she continued to input data to make the growing NH-27 body match that of the newcomer on her examination table.

"But still, I would like you to visit me every third day, Taisho, to make sure you and the girls are healthy and well. Also, if you feel ill, lightheaded, or in any other way different from your standard operational status, contact me immediately. Doctor's orders." The medical officer replied matter-of-factly before she smiled up at Akina while she turned over to Faye and the ST device. "Well then, seeing as how your new body is almost ready, what do you say we go ahead and make the ST, hmm?"

Faye nodded silently to the doctor, stepping over to the area where the ST device was located. This was probably going to be painful, but it'd be worth it to get her old body back

"You won't be far away, and I'm already hungrier than normal but we covered that. Doctor's orders hmnn? You're a bit cheeky aren't you?" Akina's metal-green eyes looked over at Mishima, then seemed satisfied in whatever they found because she was staring back at Faye's new body again. "That's not bad, of course it's missing something but I expect you to take care of those when we make port, Faye-san." She reminded her in a mockingly stiff way. "It sounds as if most of our staff is here now, just wait until you see the little gem I got. I'm still waiting on some of the first selections I made, but I expect both of you to reflect the flag, it will be a mostly casual dinner."

"Me? Cheeky?" Mishima asked, genuinely shocked and curious as to why the Taisho would make such a statement as she gently approached Faye's body and placed the ST device over the soldier's eyes and administrated a small dose of Endurance to the woman, just to mask some of the pain that would come with the Soul Transfer. "See you on the other side." Was the last Setsuko said before she activated the ST device, beginning the machine that would write Faye's mind into the NH-27 that was now ready inside the Hemosynth tank where Akina-Taisho was waiting. "Formal? How formal, Taisho?"
Faye felt a bit of pain, but the Endurance helped a lot. She grimaced a bit as it felt like her mind was being ripped out of one body and stuffed into another. At first, she felt hot, then cold, then lukewarm and wet. It was a strange experience as she opened her eyes from inside the hemosynth tank to stare at her now-old Jiyuuian body.

Just to get a rise out of the forming soldier in the tank, the Taisho pointed at the larger chest her friend had and mouthed, "Those look bigger." To her while she was busy coming into her own again. "Someone paying attention nudged that same sprite from before over to check on things, and she slowly began to strip the hollow shell of Faye's old body of everything, folding each item of clothing for her neatly. When it was done, she began to take care of the sequence to reclaim the body for the ship, keeping soundly out of Mishima's way while she oversaw the procedure. When it was all done, the sprite wandered away a minute, and returned with a fresh uniform for the returning warrant officer "Let her out when she's ready."

Nodding simply at the words directed to her, Setsuko carefully monitored the computer screen that was displaying the progress of Faye's new body as it grew inside the Hemosynth tank while she scratched behind her right ear. Any changes or modifications you want done, Faye-san? Setsuko asked mentally, as the growing Nekovalkyrja couldn't reply verbally, as she was encased in Hemosynth liquid currently.

After a moment of thought, Faye replied, No, thank you, Setsuko-san. I will... make the appropriate modifications during leave. The Neko smiled a bit, though she doubted that Setsuko knew what she was referring to. Akina, however, probably would have.

"We'll be in uniforms for the dinner, no formal ones though. Apart from that I only intend to touch on a few things, including the next operation, and next mission but other than that it will just be a nice dinner, Mishima-hei. I need you all working together well, if the fleet is going to have a chance out here." The Taisho stepped away from the tank, and waited for her other aide to come out of the tube. "I need to talk to Hakumei about-hell." The redhead stopped, and transmitted her thoughts to Faye, Remind me to talk to Hakumei-Juni when we get there, something important has come up.

She was glad that KAMI had made sure Honoka was sent where they were going.

“Very well, Taisho." Setsuko replied as she started draining the Hemosynth tank of fluids, slowly leaving only Faye inside the tank, naked and dripping of Hemosynth liquids, which were quickly removed by various instruments, before the tank opened, allowing the woman to step out. "Your uniform is over there, Faye-san. Welcome back as a fellow Neko." The medical officer said with a smile as she allowed Faye to get dressed as she once again turned her attention to Akina. "I will be at the dinner then, Taisho. I'll look forward to meeting more of the crew."

While the hemosynth was being drained, Faye promptly replied to Akina, Hai, I will, ma'am. After it was finished draining, she spat out a little bit that had found its way into her mouth. She shivered as she hopped over to where her clothes were to clean up and dress. "Thank you, Setsuko-san.. I'll only be a minute!" The sprite did help her get dressed for the first time in this new body.

When Faye had finished dressing, she waited for Mishima to close out the station and leave the sprite for the last bit of work, though not before giving the helper an early shift change time for the evening for all her help. Stepping onto the lift, it wasn't long before the trio arrived at the officer's galley. When she stepped inside, everyone went a little tense, then relaxed. There was no rising to bow in the galley, or an exchange of more than a verbal greeting or no one would have time to eat. Several officers offered a, "Good evening, Taisho." but little more.

Whatever was being cooked set the entire area with a savory, deep scent. The walls of the plush dining area had larger portraits, and on one side a holographic projection of the nebula as if they were sitting at a large window.

The table reserved for the Taisho's staff was already waiting, with water glasses full. Plates were arranged, and wine glasses that had yet to be filled rested upside down on the table. Each chair was comfortable, but not overly padded. The pleasant sound of classical music filled in the background over voices and the sounds of a busy ship at general mess hour. "Let's go sit down, ladies. The others will make it soon."

<END

A little startled, Haruto's tail swished around behind him as he looked over to the squealing pilot. He flashed her a grin and straightened his posture up as the sprite came over to speak with him.

"Thenk you," he said with a bow of his own. "I shell go down to see her straight eway." His tail curled around his waist as he smiled at her and at the pilots again, and he quietly called up a map as he proceeded out of the shuttle bay.

He would arrive at the galley shortly after the others, pausing just down the hall to adjust his uniform. He was mildly surprised when the door opened on its own accord as he approached, and his black eyes flicked around the room as he stepped in. Settling upon the group, he approached to the proper distance for enlisted and bowed low, waiting to be addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back